• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: SRSS Yggdrasill (PG-13) Salvage Run 4:Lor/Serenity's Arrival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toshiro

Inactive Member
(Continued from https://stararmy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3914 , JP with Fredrick(Kairi) and Tiff)

Toshiro stood to the side of the Captain's Chair. "Okay, Kairi. Now we're getting ready to salvage...care to give the order?"

Kairi cleared her throat uncertainly, and looked to Ken. "Ken, activate the grapplers in Auto Mode." She took the PA mic and flipped it on. "Attention all crew: We are about to enter the Lor Debris Field."

Toshiro nodded with approval as the ship entered the debris field, and began to salvage... "Keep your eyes on your monitors and sensors...switch the console on your armrest to salvage monitoring and diagnostic mode. Look for energy signatures and fluctuations."

Kairi's eyes narrowed. "Antimatter mine detected. Lain, begin a feed to Lor, ASAP."

The viewscreen kicked on, static on the screen until Lor could reply.

This time it was a purple haired woman, her eyes green. "Greetings, I am Starlight, how may I help you?"

Kairi put on a serious face. "This is the SRSS Yggdrasill, requesting assistance with an antimatter mine that we've detected."

Toshiro stood to the side of Kairi, letting her handle the show for the moment...but ready to step in if needed.

"Very well, could you please transmit the coordinates of the mine please, and I will have someone get on it right away." Off screen it was easy to hear some sounds, as well as another person speaking.

Toshiro spoke to Kairi. "The coordinate panel is on your left console, below the larger screen. The coordinates are a series of three numbers. Below that is the vector on which the mine is moving, which is a set of two degree-based numbers and one speed value."

Kairi calculated for a moment, and then tapped in the digits. "Coordinates are 1224.12x, 1424.01y, 4332.06z, Lor. Vector is 14 mark 41, 0.0094c."
She bowed. "Thank you for your assistance. Yggdrasill out.

"Thank you for reporting this, Good luck salvaging!" She quickly took down the information just before the screen cut out.

Toshiro smiled, and eyed another signature on the screen over Kairi's shoulder... "...Huh...I wonder what that is..."

Kairi examined the signature. "Pretty high-speed STL drive. Same type as the ones on the delivery ship I used to drive. We should take it..."

Toshiro nodded. "Okay...it looks like it'll fit in the cargo bay...bring it in."

Kairi nodded and looked to Ken. "As the captain says, Ken."

The item is brought in carefully...and another signature is shown...an empty escape pod...

Kairi looked at the display. "Empty escape pod. I'm unsure what we should do here, Toshi-kun."

Toshiro smiled. "Bring it in, like anything else."

"Right then," Kairi said, and motioned to Ken to bring it in as well.

After those were brought in, two fluctuating signals on the screen... "...Those look like Antimatter Globs...we can report them, or try to get some things from Engineering and put them in containment canisters ourselves."

Kairi shrugged. "Why take a chance? Lain, please send a short message to Lor and report their trajectories.

Toshiro smiled, approving. The screen popped to transmission view again.

It was the same girl from before. "Greetings! How may I help you?"

Toshiro stayed silent again, letting Kairi handle the matter...

Kairi bowed. "This is Yggdrasill again... We have another hazard, two antimatter globs traveling on..." She typed in some numbers, sending them to Lor. "Those trajectories. I apologize for causing so much trouble, but antimatter is dangerous."

"No need to apologize! Any help given is help well received sir!" The woman smiled and took down the information and bowed her head. "We look forward to hearing from you again and good luck with your salvaging!"

Kairi blinked. Sir? She looked down and blinked again. "Aa... yes, thank you. Yggdrasill out."

It was obvious that the woman had been paying little attention to the veiw screen, to busy reporting the new antimatter items.

Toshiro giggled a bit, finding the gender mix-up humorous. "Well...I think we're about done...let's go do some cataloging, okay?" Toshiro walked to the Cargo Bay, but suddenly runs back. "...Is she still on the screen?"

Kairi looked at Toshiro oddly. "Yes...? What's wrong?"

Toshiro looked serious as he turned to the Lorath woman on the screen. "...Miss, We have a Lorath corpse, a woman in stasis, and what looks like a sort of Soul Transfer backup device...please send a ship out for pickup of this and any other goods necessary for return as soon as possible."

"A what? Hm....Give me a moment please...." The screen cuts out for a few moments, before returning. "Could I please know what the two people look like? Also may I know the condition of the equipment?"

"I'll transfer your video feed to the cargo bay adjacent to Engineering..." He does so, pressing a few buttons, and beckoning to Kairi to follow. "Ken, keep an eye on things here, but don't move the ship if you can avoid it!"

Kairi ran with Toshiro to Engineering to see what was going on.

When they arrived, there was a frozen male Fyuunen Lorath corpse, a female Helashio slave in stasis, and an intact "Brain case" style Lorath mental backup device...

The woman on screen sighed a little as she saw the male corpse. "They are going to be pissed about that...Very well we will need the corpse back....though I guess you could keep the slave. The brain case we will need as well though. I am sending the LSDF Reclaimer to meet up with you. Just one thing. On the slave issue, if you wish to come back she can not come back planet side with you, understand?"

Toshiro seemed confused. "...Why is that? She's not welcome on her own home planet?"

"It is either that, or she will need to remain as she is, and have her memories wiped when she returns to Lor." Starlight shrugged a little. "Which will it be?"

Toshiro sighed. "...We will keep her. Wiping someone's mind goes against my beliefs...how do we revive her? is this a simple stasis capsule?"

"I believe so yes, Simply unfreeze her." The occhestan nodded and watched the view screen.

Toshiro nodded and pressed a large button on the front of the device...trying to wake her up.

The cryofreeze slowly began to melt away, showing off more of the girl. The first thing the crew were would see was the furry back of the pet. The small dog looking animal shivered a little as he felt the air on his back and blinked as he looked around. Emitting a small rather cute cry, He wobbled up to his feet and crawled towards the now unfrozen upper body of the woman in the ice. She was obviously well built as the creature snuggled in between the two mounds. Slowly the rest of the uncovered body unfroze, showing a rather beautiful looking woman. She was rather defined with long red hair that splayed out underneath of herself. Her skin had a few nicks here and there, but otherwise was unmarred. Her blue eyes slowly peered open, the pupils unfocused as she let out a groan. Sitting up the small pet toppled from his perch down to her legs as she leaned on one arm and rubbed her head. Looking around she spoke softly at first.

"Calthyll?....Calthyll??" As she didn't hear a quick response, and her view coming into focus now, she began to become a bit more afraid. "Calthyll?!? Calthyll?!?!" The woman began to become panicked now as she whipped her head around to search for whoever Calthyll was. "Calthyll?!?!" Finally her gaze settled on the two people in the room with her, and her eyes went wide.

Toshiro blushed slightly from her appearance, but ignored her body, and leaned over her. He tried to remember the Lorath language tips from the electronic book... ~You Yggdrasill on now. Stasis in you were.~

END

Ken did all that he was told, listening in when able. "Capt'n...any new orders? Or do you need my help back there?" he called over the intercom, trying not to be too loud about it.

Toshiro replied to Ken.

"We picked up a corpse, a woman, and a Lorath-style Mental Backup device. We just awakened the woman from cryostasis. We are currently waiting for a ship called the LSDF Reclaimer to rendezvous with us. Contact me if that occurs before I return to the bridge. In the meantime...no male is to come back here until I give the okay."

There was a pause.

"And Lain, please contact Reis in her quarters and ask her to bring some clothes to the cargo bay if she has any to spare..."

"Aye capt'n. I'll be on the look out for any ships." Ken replied, sitting back again. "Well well...a corpse, and a random body."

Shaun looked over at Ken. "Trust me after a while...things like this will be just another day at the office."

Ken chuckled. "Buddy, it's BEEN another day at the office for me. Hell...I'm happy we aren't getting that grey goop again." he said, smiling.

Shaun leans back in his chair and spins back around to his screen. "So where exactly are we going?"

"Well, unless we got something restricted, we might go sell off some stuff or deposit it in the warehouse...but that's up to the Capt'n." Ken said, chuckling. "Our most Naive, yet lovable and dependable, Capt'n."

Shocked to hear the person speak, the Helashio toppled off the table with a thud landing hard on her back. The small Berog on her stomach toppled off as well and landed on his stomach, letting out a pitiful call to its owner. The small creature scuttled over to the woman who had found herself a corner to hide in now. As the hairy creature reached the nude woman, she scooped him up and clutched him tightly to her chest.

Toshiro was surprised, and followed her over, trying to look non-threatening.

~You safe! We good! Rescue you we did. Mean no harm you to... No be scared...~

~Shaun?~ came Eve's voice from the terminal in front of him.

"What is it Eve?" He asked while trying to focus on the monitors.

~Are you going to build me a body?~

He tapped the small device on his ear and spoke "I'll think about it. Although I don't know why you'd want ME to do it. I'm better at destroying things than making them"

~Because i'd rather be what you want me to be....~

That last comment caught him off guard. He waited a moment before managing to say anything "Yeah fine. I'll figure something out for you. Just be patient"

~K~ was her quick reply before letting him get back to work.

Ken ignored the oneish sided conversation next to him, using the 3D map to plot where the recent pick ups were, hopeful next ones, small ones that might actually be something interesting, and where they were in relation to the planet and their current orbit. "Lets see....big one at 25-40-55.....and another just 3 grid away...." he mumbled a bit, focused completely on that map.

"Hu Calthyll! Hu Calthyll!" The poor girl seemed completely petrified, shaking the entire time as she began to cry. She clutched the creature closer to her until it began to cry out in pain. The girl's breathing began to get quicker and quicker, her heart rate soaring until eventually she hiccuped once and collapsed to her side.

She seemed to be unconsiouss, having passed out from the sudden shock of being unfrozen and the new faces, and the obvious lack of this Calthyll person.

As her head hit the floor with a soft thunk, the creature in her death grasp squirmed away and actually stood infront of her, it's fur raising up slightly as it let out what seemed to be a growl. It's lips snarled up in warning, the teeth a cross between a bear and wolf's teeth. The creature overall looked like a mix between the two, long shaggy fur with the face of a wolf and the body of a bear.

Toshiro wasn't sure what to do...he wanted to help, but the little dog was in the way...He looked at the animal, pity in his eyes...

~...Help we want to...Please...~

The small animal seemed fairly protective, growling still as he let out a few barks, showing off the teeth even more.

Toshiro sighed, and went to the kitchen...he came back with what looked like beef jerky, to try and distract the small animal...

~You want?~

He waged the meat stick like a lure in front of the dog, from a safe distance...

The creature's tail began to wag a little, his entire head following the stick of jerky. It seemed to be working as he slowly crept closer to the food, sniffing all the while rather quickly.

Toshiro lured the dog away, trying to get him out of Line-of-Sight of his owner...he planned to try and get Serenity to the medbay, maybe get her some food...or at least cover her in blankets...

~Come on...~

Kairi looked confused at best about the situation at hand. A Helashio slave... She could relate with slavery, but being manufactured expressly for that purpose? She shook her head. "Toshi-kun, what are we going to do with her...?" she inquired as he baited the strange little pet-creature.

Toshiro continued to try and lure the animal away...

"Well, it was either keep her, or her memories get erased and she becomes a slave again...I'd rather let her live on this ship with us than let that happen...one race being subjugated below another, or to be created to serve another is something I've never believed in...that's one point I disagree with my government on...we all came from a race created to serve the needs of Nepleslia...and to conquer worlds and peoples...don't tell any SAoY people this, but I find that hypocritical..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…