Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: SRSS Yggdrasill (PG-13) Salvage Run 4:Lor/Serenity's Arrival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ken finished plotting the next few runs, and leaned back, sighing. "Man....I need something else to do..maybe a pet or something...see what they have on Lor when we go down soon enough." he said to no one in particular. "Maybe some gunsmithing tools too..."

Shaun spun around in his chair and leaned back against the console. "Yeah I need to pick some parts up myself. I probably need to make some kind of list. Definitly going to need some engineering guides for android frames. Or I could luck out and find someone who owns their own lab. Fat chance on that one eh?"

The small creature soon enough followed after Toshiro, but more importantly the food. It wasn't that it was disloyal, just the two had been in cryostasis for a while, so the little guy was a little hungry....

Serenity in the mean time was still out cold, the small rise and fall of her chest the only evidence that she had yet to leave the world of the living.

"Well, maybe a fat chance of finding one who will be able or willing to sell to you, sure." Ken replied, currently going through a list of vendors he found on the web. "Hrm...that's interesting. Exotic pets....I'll have to look there..."

Once he'd led the animal around a salvaged component, he set down the beef jerky, and tried to move around the animal, and toward Serenity...he needed to get her to the medical area to run some tests...and cover her with a blanket...

The little guy sat down and began to chew on the jerky, growling a little as the meat turned out to be tougher then it had thought to be.

The Helashio in the mean time was still out cold, twitching once or twice and whimpering a little.

Toshiro looked at her, and trying to ignore her...more immodest bodily structures, carried her toward the medbay...as he passed Kairi, he spoke.

"Watch her pet while I get her in a bed and under some blankets...be careful, though...it's scared..."

He walked toward the Medbay, unsure of what he should do when he got there...run tests? Let her rest? He was...responsible for her now. The life of another sentient being, in EVERY aspect.

Serenity was still out cold though as she was taken to the medbay. She rolled over in his arms, her chest pressing into him as she snuggled into the warm source. She was rather cold...

In the mean time, the animal had finished with the jerky, and was crying out now for it's master, sounding fairly pitiful as it did as it searched for the Helashio. The poor little guy began to shiver. Even with all that fur, there was still wetness and a bit of frozen ice on him, below the fur level.

(OOC: I will NPC Kairi until her owner returns, or the occasional post can be made.)

Kairi looks at the animal with pity, and opens her arms, trying to call it over, clicking her tongue on the roof of her mouth...she would carry it to its master, if it permitted her to do so...

"Come on...I won't hurt you...come on..."

Meanwhile, Toshiro blushed a bit, and realizes just how cold she was...he got her to the Medical Bay and put a thick blanket over her, adjusting the room's temperature to help her warm up... He then began to get some nutrient supplement ready for when she awoke...it wasn't the tastiest stuff in the world, but it was specificly meant to replenish lost nutrients, stop hunger, and be easy to digest...

The small creature saw anther new person, and did not like it in the least. With another growl the little guy charged Kairi, and pounced. He was quick for a guy his size, and it showed as her wrapped his teeth around Kairi's hand. It wasn't anything deep, but it would hurt, and draw a little blood. Seemed the little guy was just lashing out in fear.

Kairi gave a small yell and pulled her hand back, cradling it....it healed almost instantly, thanks to the hemosynthetic blood...but her distrust of the wanimal was secure...it was scared and cold, likely still hungry, and would need watching...

"...Right...I won't try that again..."

(JP with Tiff, Kylen, and Driker. Price for Super PHALANX Pod obtained from Derran Tyler, adjusted by Wes. Price for Vampire-class vessel by Wes.)

ON: Yggdrasill

Kairi, deciding that the...animal should stay with its owner, she picked up another piece of beef jerky, and tried to lure the animal to the medical area...Hey, it worked for Toshiro...

And it would work for her. The little creature let out a little growl as he followed along.

Kairi continued to lure the creature into the medical room, where Toshiro had just finished mixing the "rescue meal", an easily digestible and healthy gruel for rescuees... "...I see the little guy is still hungry too..." Kairi nodded, looking at Serenity, tossing the jerky into a corner of the room...Toshiro had turned up the temperature in the room, and Kairi noted this...

The little guy quickly retrieved the jerky and made his way back to his mistress. As he came closer he tried to jump up, whimpering aloud before he began to but his head against Toshiro's leg.

Toshiro blinked, but smiled...he tried to pick up the creature, and place it on Serenity... "She's still out...I hope she wakes up soon...in the meantime, Kairi, I want you to go remove the Interdiction Device...it is unnecessary, will free room in Engineering, and Yamatai has just decided that O.E.M. Interdiction Devices are as illegal as third-party. it will be surrendered along with the restricted Salvage."

The little guy flailed a little in his hands, but as he was put on Serenity he snuggled back between her breasts, growling lightly as he chewed at the jerky.

Kairi nodded and left for Engineering...the Interdiction Field was a large thing to uninstall...as Toshiro stayed with the woman.

Ken leaned forward in his chair. "Hey Capt'n, you need us for anything?" he called over the intercom.

Toshiro thought a moment. "We're in the medbay right now, the woman we rescued seems healthy, but is unconscious...still nude though. Reis-san must be picking something...oh! Have Shaun look up the sale price of an NDI Super PHALANX Regeneration pod for me please?"

"Aye Capt'n. Anything you need or want me to do?" Ken asked. "I've already plotted the next 8 salvage routes."

Shaun stroked a few keys on his console. As he did a small box appeared on the monitor. He tapped the com device on his ear as he sat looking at it. "A lot of money captain...you're talking 750 grand."

Toshiro didn't respond for a moment... "...Shaun...how much does it cost to buy a Vampire from Geshrinari?"

Shaun scrolled down the sales list for a moment before managing to find what he was looking for. "About 125,000 KS give or take the condition and customization of the model"

Toshiro was silent a moment again... "Then Ken has a few choices to make...he's gotten one of the Regeneration Pods, and after a 20% deduction for the rest of the crew, he can get 600,000 KS for it...his final goal of getting his own Vampire is VERY real now."

Ken was smiling very broadly at that. He hit the intercom. "Well now Capt'n. Sounds like you either want to expand, or get rid of me."

"Ken, when you joined you said you wanted a Vampire of your own. You got lucky and have the means to do so. I'm not going to keep your haul from you, you know." He laughed a little after this response. "Of course, whether you want to continue working or not is up to you. You almost have enough money for FIVE Vampires...getting a Vampire, stocking it with a crew of attractive girls, and going into business for YOURSELF is within your grasp even. That's why I said you have choices to make."

The woman began to groan a little, squirming around a little on the table. She rubbed her face as she tried to wake herself up further. With a sigh she squirmed a little more as she felt the little creature in her cleavage.

"Well shoot. Maybe we should talk about this planet side. I have some stuff to sell, more then likely." Ken said, smiling broadly still.

Shaun turned around in his seat and looked over at Ken. "What exactly do you plan to do with a Vampire?"

Toshiro continued, noting Serenity's condition. "Well, the Pod should be sold to NDI when we get closer to home. That's the manufacturer who is paying the money. The restricted tech is 2,000 KS and can't be sold...other than that you just got some drugged up gum of some kind. Still a good haul. Four times more than I'm worth right now."

"Well...I was planning on doing salvage, and maybe a little running on the side, if you know what I mean. But...I didn't think I'd get it this soon. I might just wait until I can do a little more." Ken says, before going back to the comm. "Rodger Capt'n. Still need to think about it though."

"Nghhh" She groaned a little more as she sat up again, rubbing her head a little more in pain now. Her eyes slowly opened as she looked around to see where she was.

"I understand, take your time. Also, the Captain and paid people get equal shares of the remaining 20%. "So Kairi, Shaun, and I will get about 50K coming to us as well....OOP! Our patient is coming around. We'll continue this later. "Congratulations, Ken! Toshiro out!"
He turned to Serenity, looking at her... ~Medical Area you in. Passed out. Okay now are you?~

Ken was still grinning broadly, but was watching the scanners for anything that might pop out. Being attacked twice by power armors on the last run makes one do that.

She groaned a little and blinked. Her mind was a touch more sluggish, so she wasn't so quick to become afraid. ~"M....Mistress? Mistress where?"~

Toshiro looked saddened for her... ~...You in stasis...we pull from space...ship gone...Sorry for you I am.~

~"Mistress....no here?"~ Serenity looked like she had been struck with a punch straight to the jaw, before her eyes teared up and she began to bawl. It was kind of sad to see.

Toshiro was very sorry for her, and sat with her, putting a hand on her shoulder... ~Sorry...you live though...~

She continued to sob from her seat, the small creature in her arms squealing again in pain.

~You hurt pet! No squeeze hard...try eat...you need strong now...~ Toshiro offered a bowl of the rescue gruel...

She flopped back to her back, crying aloud still as she seemed to slacken up on her pet.

Toshiro sat there, trying to wait for the woman to calm down...she may NEED this cry right now...

She soon pittered off in her crying, shaking now as she kept repeating ~"Mistress no leave, mistress no leave....Serenity good, mistress no leave..."~

Toshiro felt pity for the woman, and pulled up a chair next to her. ~Being good...no bring back...must move on...grieve, then move on. We here for you...okay?~

Shaun activated the com again "Hey Captain. What the heck is going on back there?"

"...She's in mourning...for her mistress..." Toshiro said, solemnly

~"Serenity good! Serenity good mistress no punish!"~ It seemed the poor girl felt like she was being punished.

~You not punished...it part of life. People live. People die...nothing change. I sorry...Mistress no want die, had to...~ Toshiro did his best to explain this concept to the girl, who seemed childlike...and he had to do it with limited comprehension of her language...

Serenity turned away from Toshiro, crying and cuddling to her pet.

Toshiro sighed, and sat there, electing to let her mourn as she needed to do...

END

Reis emerged rather quickly looking just a bit sweaty and flstered, with several plain dresses cast over her shoulder. She took a straight course for Toshiro, making no pause for conversation (not that she found the crew terribly interesting, she wasn't drunk enough for that) and thrusting the bundle of clothing forward rather expectantly.

"...shewillneedpantiesnadbrastoo? Icanfindsomeofmineifneedbebuttheywontlikelyfitwell..."

Toshiro smiled.

"I appriciate it, Reis-san...this one has just been through a terrible ordeal...and she will require underwear for the time being before the male crewmen see her...she's not wearing anything but the blankets it put on her..."

Toshiro blushed a little, unknowingly, as he mentioned this detail.

Reis nodded, and made back for her luggage, hoping that she had actually managed to bring undergarments, since she rarely had a desire to wear them...

As Toshiro tried to console the grieving Helashio, Kairi listened to the bridge communications as she was going through the Interdiction Device removal process...more money for her, it seemed...she decided not to get too excited until the money was actually made, and turned back to her task.

She noted the size of the Interdiction Device, and the room it would add in Engineering...as a civilian model of the unusual device, and a somewhat older version at that, it was fairly large, and its removal would free up space for the installation of new or supplemental components...the STL device they'd found was also a bit smaller than the existing STL engines, but about 0.04c faster. Mouthing them would take some creative engineering, but it was doable, though the ship would have to be brought down to manage that upgrade.

The Helashio seemed to calm down after a short while, her crying subsiding to soft sobs. The small pet had began to let out small cries of sadness for his mistress, licking her cheek to try an cheer her up.

Toshiro stayed with the Helashio, and silently offered her the food...it wasn't the most appetizing gruel in the world, but it was suitable for its job, and he figured she needed nourishment right now...

~Here...eat...Mistress want you live on she would...Right?~

Kairi approached Toshiro quietly. "You know, Toshi-kun, I speak Lorath pretty well... It was part of advanced training at the delivery conglomerate. I sympathize with her too... Need any help?" ((This SP brought to you by my PSP. Expect more soon.))

Toshiro looked to her, and nodded, smiling weakly...

"Okay...I can say basic things, but I suppose that can help, especially if she relates to women more...maybe you can help her dress when she's ready...thanks for removeing the interdiction device, by the way..."

(I had her do that while you were away.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back