• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission Photo Nexus

• Thread starter Deleted member 5981
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5981

Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=corp:information_nexus_inc:media:photo_nexus
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
  2. Nepleslia
  3. Elysia
  4. Non-Playable Factions
  5. Outlaws (Independent)
  6. Neshaten
  7. NDC
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
The social media site that can be used by all factions (pending Neshaten) across each factions internet platform.

Roleplay opportunity for this product is the creation of a mock feed from the site allowing players to post social media posts as characters or businesses. Once approved I will open a discussion thread to gather ideas for its setup and gauge interest in this roleplay.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I am not sure who I need to approve this but its been over a week since posted and I have been waiting for this and my other submissions to go threw before continuing to make anything else.

@Wes

Hey Kore - I'll take a look at this tonight or tomorrow. I've been lagging behind on submissions this week and the other reviewers have been busy. Thanks for being patient. :)

This is the link to the company thread as well.

Neshaten doesn't require to stamp on this as conversations between Nexus and Neshaten have not yet started :) (mostly because Neshaten are still mostly in isolation). Thought (Skully correct me) we do approve of the idea :)

Approved for Yamatai

Approved for nep so long as its exclusive to connect via the InterNep (the nep version of the internet) and remains absent of anything to do with mindware without prim/lavalung making that descision. As that agreement was exclusive between the spacers and nep due to their relationship, and it would be a betrayal between the two to allow outside interference to tamper with or allow unwanted connection to the polysentience.

Especially since that door opens both ways and other than a few groups like the Viridian Array who are moderately nep-friendly, the majority of spacer groups are neutral or less than that at best to outside groups.

I would contact @Primitive Polygon if you want to expand to anything mindware. But for the InterNep you have my thumbs up~

Approved for nep so long as its exclusive to connect via the InterNep (the nep version of the internet) and remains absent of anything to do with mindware without prim/lavalung making that descision. As that agreement was exclusive between the spacers and nep due to their relationship, and it would be a betrayal between the two to allow outside interference to tamper with or allow unwanted connection to the polysentience.

Especially since that door opens both ways and other than a few groups like the Viridian Array who are moderately nep-friendly, the majority of spacer groups are neutral or less than that at best to outside groups.

I would contact @Primitive Polygon if you want to expand to anything mindware. But for the InterNep you have my thumbs up~
Ok awesome. I think it was Krimson had mentioned it would be a good idea to include it but I did put it as a update planned for the site but that could very well fall threw.

Ok awesome. I think it was Krimson had mentioned it would be a good idea to include it but I did put it as a update planned for the site but that could very well fall threw.
This application upgrade will also be compatible for G1-N2 "Geist" Advanced Interfacing Implant 2.0 and other versions of mindware technology pending a deal can be made with the company's who own the technologies.

I added a bit at the end that allows for an rp related conversation if the company would like to do so or when the update is put into effect I can add a blurb about how an agreement was not reached? Unless it would be better to remove it all together?

I just meant i cant give the OK for mindware as it's freespacer and not nep. So Prim would have to ye/ne that as we are only allowed to use it and do not own it~

Thanks for the heads up, Char.

Yeah, I am good with other factions using the technology itself, since Spacers have no copyright laws. Actually accessing the polysentience, on the other hand, is risky for the average non-spacer user because of the ecology of rapidly evolving AI viruses. Benefits include network access across all the kikyo sector, though. There is also Linelayer Hammerhead, the dedicated NPC for taking care of it!

I just meant i cant give the OK for mindware as it's freespacer and not nep. So Prim would have to ye/ne that as we are only allowed to use it and do not own it~
Thanks for the heads up, Char.

Yeah, I am good with other factions using the technology itself, since Spacers have no copyright laws. Actually accessing the polysentience, on the other hand, is risky for the average non-spacer user because of the ecology of rapidly evolving AI viruses. Benefits include network access across all the kikyo sector, though. There is also Linelayer Hammerhead, the dedicated NPC for taking care of it!
Awesome thank you both. Polygon I would love to get the chance and sit down and talk with you about what I had in mind and how what you already have going would or wouldn't effect the application. We could probably figure out a more indepth idea on how it would work as well. If you have the time feel free to message me.

Alright, just took a look!

I don't see anything problematic, so Approved!

If I can make a suggestion - the 'Function and Design' section is a little hard to follow. I think if you went through and created some sub-sections to break it apart, it would flow better. If you're interested but not sure on how to do that, let me know and I'll walk you through it. :)

Alright, just took a look!

I don't see anything problematic, so Approved!

If I can make a suggestion - the 'Function and Design' section is a little hard to follow. I think if you went through and created some sub-sections to break it apart, it would flow better. If you're interested but not sure on how to do that, let me know and I'll walk you through it. :)
Maybe I can make a current design pending updates ect

Belated, but: approved!

It might be a good idea to add a section listing every representative of the board as well, I didn't see one but it would be nice IMO!

One idea I had is to have the company find influencers who can get people using PhotoNexus. For example one of my NPC is a YamaTube personality who could plug it.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back