• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Pirate Group pt2

Rine

Inactive Member
Wes said:
Rine said:
Still interested in doing the pirate thing, and heres my thoughts so far:

First off, the most likely method i can think of for the pirates to get a military class ship (anything less than that is pointless, since it wont be able to stand up to military forces if it comes to blows on occasion) would be for the group to start off as a crew going AWOL, in a mutiny or something similar on a ship.

So far, the most likely candidate for a ship seems to be:
https://stararmy.com/starships/qns/isfb/isfb.html
Due to the low crew number (30 prime crew allows for a more likely candidate for most of the bridge/medical/tech crew to be in on the coup, with only a few having to be spaced during the process).

If this sounds reasonable so far, what is the next step?
They're going to have to get a new computer, since the current one will remain loyal to the Star Army and will kill them/blow up the ship if they mutiny while it's operational. Another option would be to get a Qel'noran ship directly from the Qel'noran (ask Zack/Tasuki Uso) for either money/supplies or for the purpose of disrupting imperial activity (since the rogue Qel'noran are still technically at war with Yamatai).

Another option is to buy a civilianized warship and upgrade it back to military status, I suppose.

This discussion ought to be on the forums, lol.

And thus, it is.

My thoughts on the computer issue is...well, I am quite sure that Yamatai Military AI has been cracked before by hackers, if nothing but just out of boredom. Shouldn't be too hard to buy a program off the black market to override the computer during the process of the mutiny.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back