• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Interest Check {Pirates} ~Return Of The Thunder Lizards~

Primitive Polygon

🎖️ Game Master
The giant serpents of Skorlemech answered to call of their Kuvexian masters, and engaged in a brutal war more than 100,000 light years away from home. It was the perfect chance for the newly uplifted dinosaurs to prove their worth, as more than just exotic pets and pit fighters. After all, what other chance of interstellar freedom did the obscure, primitive, uneducated, brutally powerful cryptids have?

Their raiding parties invaded isolated facilities, ambushed repair teams, gorged themselves on opulent supplies meant for some pathetic race of tiny feline monkey-clones. Life in the undergrowth of the Kikyo sector was good, for a time.

It didn't feel like a short leash.

But as the officer caste of the golden ones became more scarce, and even suspected disloyalty resulted in harsher punishments of whip, electro-collar, and cryo-imprisonment, the writing was on the wall. The propaganda was a lie. The command structure was disintegrating. And... as disposable assets, the alien auxiliaries came to realize they were going to be left behind...

The first months of Year 46. Troop Transport "Barzeod". A ship of such dishonored and discarded creatures was bought off by the merchant Filn Grod, for considerably under the market rate.

He didn't know much about these cheap and simple 'Silanbar' creatures, but it couldn't be that hard to just ditch the stupid things on a planet and fly away, could it?...

-The Plot and Characters-

This is a pirate ship plot specifically for big scary Silanbar characters. They could be violent criminals, veteran ship raiders, sociopathic cannibals, deranged pit fighters, or former prize pets. No matter the moral alignment and disposition chosen, these are savage and unruly creatures that respect only personal power, cunning and voracity! They are big strong hungry space gators, and rare is the garbage dragon with the right Kuvexian training to know how anything works! A wandering horde of ravening creatures, their ferocious adventures could take them through criminal scrapyards, forgotten megastructures, the sewers of the Nepleslian sprawl- All in the name of treasure, subterfuge, and illicit contracts from heck knows who.

Leadership and overall direction is going to have a strong freeform element, though strong flags for possible raiding targets and alliances will be given.

Threads will be SPs with the occasional JP for personal interactions. Violence and language will generally be 2s for forum stuff, but up to 3s for JPs. These are kinda bad dudes, but the focus is fun, so obviously talking to other players about particularly dark concepts is probably necessary. Characters CAN be injured by the GM for doing something crazy or overdramatic, though intentionally trading blows comes with the territory, as you might expect!

Non-Silanbar characters may be allowed if they fit the theme, but I make no promises. Open to suggestions, though.

-How To Sign Up-

Post here to state interest, or maybe fling a link to a WIP character idea. This will most likely start as open RP, so 100% complete wiki articles aren't mega neccisary just yet.

I personally think that cool and original characters are the lifeblood of forum RPGs, and I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Plot is most likely starting in a week, pending submitted characters. Thanks for reading, and feel free to drop me a line if you need more information.

@Hollander @Charmaylarg Dufrain @Yuuki @FrostJaeger

I sadly don’t have the character slots left or time available to give this wonderful plot concept the attention it deserves - but if you want to operate in Elysian space, @Primitive Polygon, please let me know in PMs or DMs!

(Assuming @Wes is okay with this, of course, as the Star Army are the ones responsible for securing Elysian space.)

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for all the fast support guys, I really appreciate it! It's weird how this became 'a thing' so quickly!

Just in order to help people out when coming up with character ideas, here are some things that might be helpful to think about-
  • What was their old occupation? Were they always a sewer-based murder lizard, or did they have an actual trained job and learned skills within the Kuvexian military?
  • Do they still praise the Kuvexians, or do they hate them?
  • Do they have the implant that lets them speak non-Silanbar languages?
  • Are they genetically engineered or weirdly mutated in some way? (Acid breath, extra spikey skin, ridiculously pretty, lethal farts, e.t.c.) Do they have opinions on garbage dragons that are?

I think I'll write up a fella that's dumb, rather than cunning. Maybe a very low cunning that fails more often than succeeds.

He will have been loyal at the time, but exemplified that very Silanbari attribute of "If you flop, I'll backstab immediately". Now he doesn't praise or hate them; they screwed up, so he doesn't really think about them anymore. He's on that new stuff, wanting to either serve somebody stronger and smarter, or BE the boss (he's not boss material).

I like the idea of him getting to scraps and dominance bouts (which he will lose, often), but taking it all in stride because that's the Silanbar way. I'll probably give him some kind of mutation, and he'll be fine with mutations that make a Silanbar cooler or stronger. Culturally, he wouldn't think positively of mutations that make another Silanbar weak or incompetent.

Separately, what's the adjective form of Silanbar? I used Silanbari, but is it Silanbaran? Silanbarian? Just curious.

Seems like a pretty honest chonky lad. "Salt of the earth", if he wasn't trying to deathroll you.

Without being too boring, the adjective is just 'Silanbar'... They are kind of linguisticly simple due to the whole dance-language thing, honestly.

I sadly don’t have the character slots left or time available to give this wonderful plot concept the attention it deserves - but if you want to operate in Elysian space, @Primitive Polygon, please let me know in PMs or DMs!

(Assuming @Wes is okay with this, of course, as the Star Army are the ones responsible for securing Elysian space.)
How long have you been here again? Bro, you literally unlock more character slots as soon as you turn in the last chain quest from the tutorial!

Let me guess, you just skipped it and ran to the next area on the map because you wanted a head start or it wasnt worth your time or something?

You don't like Silanbarese?
Imagine trying to communicate in semaphore, except you have two extra arms (the head and tail); Their poor little dinosaur brains can hardly handle things as it is. 🫠

Also, since they are originally from planet Skorlamech, I guess they are technically Skorlamechians? Skorlamexicans?

Semaphore-flag-signals.jpg

Thunder Lizards now has a fairly complete plot page.

Is there anybody else who would like to join? Any pre-existing peeps who need help getting their characters integrated, or want to do a JP?

The original intention was to start on friday, though it doesn't seem like people are quite ready yet.

Thanks for the update guys!

Real life is obviously more important than skronky dragon memes, wouldn't take offence if somebody was just too busy.

You've been coming up with some really good ideas for this, and honestly that's the best I could ask for, really. 👏

RPG-D RPGfix
Back