• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

[Planet] Vice

5tar

So as some of you may have heard, me and Ira had randomly started a independent plot the other night which had been met with resounding success in the two nights in a row we've run it. Now the idea was to provide a Cowboy Bebop like used up future/Noir New York like feel, and kinda just roll with it. We already have two lengthy JPs with a handful of players and are working behind the scenes to get everything in those RPs canon as our goal is to provide more flavor to role-play outside of the various empires and whatnot.

So I present you the planet where everything is happening, it's a dirty, used up, dog-eat-dog and the rich are rich, while the poor are poor, type place. They have a saying on Vice; "it's a nice place, if you have money..."

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=planet:vice

This looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Where did Vice's name come from? (Also its system's name).

I have made extensive grammar and spelling corrections to make the article readable (there were a lot of sentence fragments and randomly capitalized words, as well as many instances where "Vice" was not capitalized) so that's no longer an issue.

I think the main issue I see is that the system comes with history unsupported by the RP. It's hard for me to deal it just have it somehow having been there all along, especially since it is associated with pirating which tends to draw military attention. I need some convincing.

It has been -a lot- of fun. Both of our JPs were suddenly launched out of nowhere and kept us up late nights.

I will admit that the editing was pretty lax, as the two of us kinda were just putting thoughts to text super quick. So I thank you for your extensive assistance in fixing it up.

The planet's name was Ira's idea, so I'll let him go ahead and flesh that out.

The idea is that this system is on the outer rim, and for the most part was only really known by a few different peoples here and there. Until recent years when there was a population and pirating boom due to the events on Halana, which for the most part became a "not pirate" hangout. The system and planet it self is guarded well enough by its own government and military. So unless one of the major factions in the setting got super mad and wiped them out old school style, then I'd assume they'd be able to continue on with some sort of existence?

What government, and what military? For that matter what kind of equipment do they have? Purchased, manufactured?

The Vice Royal Family and their military. It's on the wiki entry.

We could say that the pirates were the first ones to bring space flight tech to the area, and they thus use old designs and then upgraded sometime after using things they bought from the various companies in the setting.

Well the idea is that the world was founded by a mixture of people over the course of time. For example one city was a pirate base, where as another city was the colony of some old empire that fizzled out long ago(Which is something already in the RP)

I am still working on the system wiki, but that should not take too long, as far as the name of the planet, I figured it came from the world's human inhabitants when it was first colonized, that or got renamed buy humans who arrived much later.

The world is populated by a mixture of races, with a hodgepodge of technology. Vice's military would probably be small, and mostly likely privately owned by the trade family, the crime syndicates, and the Royal families.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back