• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission Plasma Revolver, Type 46

raz

SAINT Director
🌟 Site Supporter
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Submission RP Example
https://article.requested.by.wes
Submission URL
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=corp:saiga:weapons:plasma_revolver_type_46
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
So I was messing with Midjourney's --cref using a picture of my SiZi M38SDR the other day and a few people decided to re-mix my prompt. Wes edited one of the results with a Hinomaru, so I was like "dang if you guys are going to use a prompt of my gun it may as well be a new version."

So here it is. New-generation SiZi Model 38. Submitted as a "page update only" because it's just a new look for the same old SiZi, which is approved tech.

Everything after the description (starting with "discharge information") is copy/pasted from the SiZi 38. Except for pricing. It got a little cheaper.

Waiting on Wes to upload the MJ he edited to add the picture to the article.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Cool. I moved the live version to a struct namespace (added weapons: to the string) so it should have all that stuff and backlink to places it needs to.

Also remember kids, each round in the SiZi fires more than once if it’s the regular plasma ammo not the beast ammo

Standard and heavy rounds fire twice each, but you get 8 charges per round at tier 2. So 12 shots when they’re PA bullets or 48 when anti-personnel.

That's why I love the this weapon so much. It's so versatile. I usually have Sanda carry a mix load. 3 of the light shells, 2 standard and 1 heavy. That means she's got firepower for whatever she encounters.

Hello. I have added some extra details to this weapon's page (as well as the older SiZi 38 and the ammunition article).

The information is nothing new. But it breaks down in better detail the effects of using a heavy cartridge without a power armor.

The added explanation:

"Heavy cartridges cause the pistol's user to be washed in plasma exhaust, effecting Tier 2 to the user's firing arm, entire torso, and head. Per DRv3 guidelines, an unarmored user is Tier 0. At Tier 2, the heavy cartridge's backblast is “Assuredly Lethal” to an unarmored user, who will experience severe shock and die without prompt medical attention. Only wearing a power armor can sufficiently mitigate this damage."

Was this added because I had Sanda shoot one out of power armor in the JP tonight? Because if so that is quite annoying.

The explanation was added because this gun has a long history of people claiming its damage ratings could be misused. Because of the explanatory text that has been there since the beginning regarding a heavy cartridge's backblast, I have always disagreed with that assessment.

This new text is a step-by-step guide explaining information already available for years so that naysayers cannot criticize the gun's assigned DR statistics again in the future.

Was this added because I had Sanda shoot one out of power armor in the JP tonight? Because if so that is quite annoying.
Isn't an explorer suit tier 3?

Put your damn helmet on Sanda! I don't care if you outrank me I will beat your ass! It's a force field, so you can still look pretty in it if it's so important too you.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back