• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

[Plot Ad] Maid SP

Revolver

The Six-Shooter of Love
Inactive Member
Ikatsu and I were shooting the shit last night and it came up that a lot of people miss out on Meido fun due to differing timezones and schedules. So, the idea of an SP Maid game was put forth, there are a couple of alternative-style game suggestions in the back of the book, and I've some ideas for running even a more normal style maid game, either by limiting posts per day or by implementing a post order.

Really, what I would like to try in this situation is try a style of SP RP that I used to do a long time ago in a messageboard SP where people use each others characters in their posts. In this way it's more like co-op story writing than RP. Of course, this also requires that people write their characters in such a way that it's possible for other people to write them in away that satisfies their "player." One of the positives to this style of RP is more natural conversations with incomplete thoughts and interruptions that you really don't see too much, even with JPs.

Anyway, I'd like to see what people's thoughts are on this and if anyone is interested.

As always, SP is ok, but can be limited by:
1)not as exciting as JP
2)can get REALLY slow
3)some people can join, but leave because of 1&2

But it is an alternative, so more people will have a chance at it.

I'd like this on one major condition.

Perhaps meido silliness, but alternate gametype, thus allowing for more interesting storylines?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back