• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Interest Check [Plot OOC and Recruitment] NSS Hobby

Old Star Army player looking to get back into things on Open-RP side of the house... did you still have need of a crewmember for this idea? I believe I could fill a variety of roles well with a created character, depending on what is yet lacking in your lineup.
Argh, sorry. Didn't check this thread for the past week. Yes you can, all the mandatory roles have already been filled so you are free to pick whatever you like if you are still interested in joining. Just, as previously instructed, put a short profile here and then look at the IC thread and see how your character can butt in.

New GM post up as of yesterday. Our current GMpost cycle is roughly one week, which sucks. I'll try to prepare the GM post in advance and aim for a 4 day GM cycle from now on, now that things are heating up.

Even though we are moving slower than expected, I am pleased to note that we are still moving. Keep this up for a few more cycles and I'll comis art for everyone.

Last edited:
I can tell already, Corporal Scroggins and Corporal Pietra are going to get along just fine once things get rolling. I could be wrong of course, but I sense some possible tensions there.

Just FYI, Dixie's player has requested and received authorization from me to have those drones. Though I'd imagine its going to freak the rest of the crew out, we have agreed they do ADR2 damage with all 10 guns combined, that's only survivable in Power Armor.

GM Post will come within 9 hours.

GM Post delivered as planned within 4 days. Will try to accelerate this if I can.

Also, dat railroading.

If anyone is curious why I am adding more Rs into Jen's speech, it is because she speek with sort of scottish like accent. It will be a weird mix of british language with some cannae and dinae mixed. I could try to do a real scottish talk, but 1: it would be pain in the arse for me to write it and 2: You would not understand what the hell was she saying. So this is what you get.

You mean like the "Scots brogue" most people are familiar with from Hollywood? Works for me.

Naomi kind of drifts back and forth between sounding like a reasonably intelligent woman and an unlettered street thug.

STRETCH GOAL: 5 GM POSTS COMPLETE!
YOU HAVE UNLOCKED: CHARACTER ART FOR EVERYONE!

Yep, character art from drawn by our Foxtrot813 has been funded by yours truly. The special condition would be that this would be a group picture with everyone standing together, would be great for a plot wiki pic, or even the subforum banner if/when we get that far. Each individual crewmember can be cropped out for an individual pic if needed.

Instead of PMing the artist the details as per the usual modus operandi of the SARP, you are to post the details here in the OOC thread instead. Details should include:

1. A more detailed appearance than what you have posted so far (Recycle bonus: You can use it in the character bio, or import it from your character bio if you have already done it)

2. Clothing worn or equipment held (BONUS POINT: One or two people are wearing this so I can be a cheapskate and crop it for the article art, it is going to see a lot of use later on the Hobby)

3. Pose, stance or action being performed (EXTRA BONUS POINT: Characters are actually interacting with each other as the picture is taken instead of simply standing at attention or posing individually. If you dont have any specific idea or partner, perhaps put out a general offer and see who responds)

A GM is nothing without his players, this is my thank you for bearing with me. With that, I shall announce the next SARPstarter strech goal

STRECH GOAL: 100 GM POSTS
UNLOCKS: PIN UP POSTERS OF ALL THE CREW, INCLUDING THE GUYS, IN THONGS AND BIKINIS (I JOKE)

Better hit that gym in-character!

Last edited:
First crew members to bump uglies outside of shore-leave get taped and broadcast across all open channels of SMoDIN.

I have cameras, I will make this a thing.

Nah, we're just like the old HE-MAN episodes with regard to anything sexual since we're in the non 18+ section of the open RP forum.

He has a sword, he gets to talk about the sword, but he doesnt actually get to poke anyone with the sword. (Statement edited for extra innuendo)

Last edited:
Did you just reference He-Man? Didn't see that one coming. Now, if somebody manages to slip "By the Power of Greyskull!" into the RP in a way which makes sense, I'll be really impressed.

I'll also scratch together a more detailed description of Naomi Scroggins in addition to her profiles, and get that posted shortly.

Did you just reference He-Man? Didn't see that one coming. Now, if somebody manages to slip "By the Power of Greyskull!" into the RP in a way which makes sense, I'll be really impressed.

I'll also scratch together a more detailed description of Naomi Scroggins in addition to her profiles, and get that posted shortly.
The last GM post was written with this in the background. Those posts can take very long to write.

Last edited:
Did anyone else notice the similarity between Sanderford's avatar and Electric Six's video? I think we found another believer of the NSS Manlove!

I'm probably going to start hunting for a new avatar, thanks to you.

In all seriousness, romance of any kind is a secondary concern for me in this RP situation, which is not to say a relationship of some kind would be strictly impossible. Naomi can just be hard to like for some people, and she's mainly here to do a job.

This is one of the reasons why we are going on an on about NSS Gaybar on the IRC. Of the two women onboard, one is a lesbian and the other is a prude.

Not that this is a bad thing. Bromance is best mance.

Naomi isn't a prude per se. She was raped several times when she was younger, and is skittish when it comes to intimate relations.

If the whole "NSS Gaybar" thing were to become an in-game thing, she would laugh until her sides ached once she heard about it. Especially if she were one of the reasons behind it.

Hey Sander wanna do a duo-pic with Jen and Naomi? Jen could like... pick on Naomi or something and Naomi can be all prudish about it or surprised.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back