• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: NSS Acadia [Post Mission 1]: Shore Leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viktor earned a silent chuckle from Phaedra's ineptitude. Being flexible and capable of adapting to the various situations of life was a strong point for the private, so when he saw other flouting in their attempts, it was somewhat humorous. Then again, it wasn't that funny. He was just trying to distract himself from the fact that one woman on the entire fucking transport had a goddamn seizure every time someone lit a cigarette. If that's not bullshit, I don't know what is anymore! Kingston was falling into a sullen mood, and that fact was also irritating him, effectively snowballing the whole experience.

Anselm was used to loud noises, especially loud noises coming out of people's mouths, they put him to sleep, "the drill sergeants always hated that, I wonder if the geneies programmed it into me for a laugh" he mused, Phaedra's outburst triggering flashbacks, which triggered his sleep reflex "so many potatoes... I really hope I don't snore again-" and he then was out.

Echo looked a few seats away, his eyes trained on Viktor. The man seemed pissed about something or other, probably cigarrettes. He seemed like an addict, not that Echo had anything against that. He figured it would be best to take the man's mind off of the things he was missing so much.

"Hey Vik, what do you do in the squad again?" Echo asked, trying to sound naive. "Sorry, just trying to figure out everyone's position."

"Shore leave is never long enough for us to seriously do anything worthwhile."

Amelia grumbled slightly as she stepped on out, halting next to Phaedra and giving her a perplexed look. Truly though, it wasn't long enough for her to go visit her family like she wished. Amelia was still armed as usual, but this time she left the battle with a few burns from various shots she had taken. The only visible one was on her left forearm. This was likely one of the few times people might see Amelia not in uniform. She had a sleeveless black top that was no less tight than her uniform itself and a casual pair of jeans. She had her silver bracelet around her upper right arm this time.

When Phaedra was teased for her formality, Amelia frowned, then turned to the woman herself. "There's no need to stay around here. Come with me if you would. I'm going to... take a little walk." She was serious about that, though seemingly out of a lack of things that she would actually want to do. Still, it didn't hurt to take a look around.

Phaedra glanced at the woman as she made her way toward the shuttle hatch. She could almost see the tension between herself and the marines surrounding her.

"Maybe that would be best; I'm sure I've annoyed everyone else as it is. Things would have been simpler if we were in combat..." she thought.

Phaedra looked at everyone else from her unit, making a mental note of their faces for when she returned. Without another word she deftly left her seat, retrieved her gear, and followed the woman outside.

"I'm sure I'll get flak for this too, but I'm definitely not leaving my gear behind."

"Slaughter doesn't equal simplicity or comfort. Even the Yammies know that. You'd do well to remember it." Amelia replied evenly. She took no pleasure in her work, but she had come to the point where it gave her no grief either. Effectively reducing the intensity of combat to 'just another day at work' for her. This didn't mean she had any social skills either though... as many have likely already noticed.

"You probably shouldn't have brought it onto the shuttle, but suit yourself. As far as I can tell, you really only need the basics on shore leave." Then again, what did Amelia know about shore leave? She was perhaps even more socially lacking than Phaedra, but in a different way.

Stepping outside, Amelia took a look at a small device that apparently displayed a small map of the area. There was a blinking dot a short distance away from where they were. Without another word, she started off in its direction.

Meanwhile, if any of the marines were following the news on their communicators or data pads, they would see breaking news on NNN:
"This just in! Yamataian star fortress Pisces Station, home of the international relations conference, has just crossed the Nepleslian border and has taken up orbit near planet Nepleslia. The Yamataian government has yet to issue a statement.

Fian typed out a message on his Datapad to everyone in the squad.
Possible new developments, keep in contact at all times.

Unfazed by a new grey dot appearing in the evening sky, the shuttle sealed its doors and powered up its engines. A violent jerk and a heavy sensation later the craft was up in the air, flying across the Nepleslian cityscape. Safety in-flight videos were promoted up one level to interstellar flights, but the belt-on lights came on to remind the passengers. The MC took one last sweeping look behind him to confirm everybody and then quickly went back to sleep.

Phaedra winced as the shuttle rose into the air, blasting dust and other small debris across the avenue. She dropped her duffel and held onto her beret, her silver-white braid blowing furiously in the exhaust winds. Just as the winds calmed, Phaedra realized that the woman had continued walking, paying no heed to the shuttle liftoff. She grabbed her duffel and hefted her weapons case; rushing back to the woman's side.

"So where exactly are we heading...um?" asked Phaedra when she realized she didn't know the woman's name. Although the woman was obviously a member of the NSS Acadia crew, she wasn't wearing a uniform, so there wasn't even a last name to go by. And Phaedra noticed that despite the fact that the woman singled her out, she was much less eager to talk than the men in the shuttle.

"Then again, not many of them wanted to talk. Well...to me anyways," she thought.

Phaedra figured she might as well try meeting the crew again, starting with this woman and trying to be less formal this time.

"I'm P3C Phaedra Volkov. Um...obviously I'm new around here."

Viktor's face was immediately wiped of emotion when someone spoke his name--or rather, half his name. That was a bit irksome, but now wasn't the time to be a bastard. "Viktor or Kingston, please. I'm not fond of Vik. Has a bad reputation. I'm a Power Armor pilot. Didn't have much of an introduction during the last mission. You were up in the tower when the IPG ghosted in, right? Sakura...?" Kingston waited for his colleague to fill in the gap with his first name, and offered his hand.

Echo smiled slightly and extended his hand as well, shaking briefly and then withdrawing. "Yeah, Echo Sakura. And you're right, I was right up there with those IPG boys...glad I held all of the resentment in until the interrogation though, that was fun."

The man smirked and then thought for a moment. "Ah, and sorry about the Vik thing...I just have a habit of turning people's names into nicknames. I'll call you Viktor from now on, if you don't mind the first-name basis?"

Viktor smirked and nodded. "It works. I never got an answer, though: how much hurt did you dish out?" Finally, a distraction, and an interesting one at that. The ride wouldn't be so bad after all.

"Well, We do miss each other whenever I'm on assignment, But I've been lucky so far and it's never been more than a month or so at most between seeing them" Trey admitted, barely noticing the shuttle taking off. The marine vaguely wondered how Rosey would react if some of the marines decided to follow him like lost puppies, but he didn't seem too worried about it.

"Well..." Echo said, thinking back and then grinning like a boy with a minigun. "I gave one of the guys a bloody nose, broke another's jaw, and the broke the arm of the third one they sent in to restrain me...after that, they just sent in three guys. I couldn't take all three at once, so I whipped my case over my shoulder and put my hands behind my head after that."

With a shrug, Echo pointed to a series of bruises across his face, and an obvious black eye-in-the-making. "All this, but it was worth it. Those bastards have had it coming for so long. Plus, I doubt they'll try to interrogate me without a full three-part security detail anymore."

"Oh, well that's fortunate-" Lilly said, beginning to relax once again. She was cut off by a violent vibration in her pocket. Intensive equipment training at basic, and she still had no idea how to turn of the damn message alerts on her datajockey. She pulled it out to silence it, but the particularly urgent looking headline caught her eye. "A Yamataian star fortress in orbit? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that sounds unusual." She didn't have the best understanding of intergalactic politics, but she definitely knew that this was not normal. She tilted the datapad in Trey's direction to show him what she was talking about, raising a curious eyebrow. Perhaps he knew what it meant.

"Aww, goddamn Yammies always dropping in to ruin our fun... Wonder what's the problem this time." Harrison sighed. This may just have had something to do with the 2nd IRC going wrong, which meant that (once again) Sky Marshall Davis had wasted his time trying to bring peace to the international table. It was either that or something much worse... Feeling trouble, Harrison patched into the Yamataian newsfeed and observed, briefly, an article on an SMX invasion.

"Well huh." Was his only comment.

A message pinged on Ran's datapad.

You shit head! Where the fuck did you go?! The shuttles left, you bastard!

Back in front of the recruiting officer, one very pissed off Staff Sergeant sat on the curb. "'We just want to check up, make sure your profile's up to date. Your friends won't leave without you!' Man, fuck that," Adrian growled under his breath.

"You must have spooked them because there were four guys in the room when I got there. Almost castrated one, but I'm pretty sure he won't be having children. I knocked another one out before they finally restrained me. I'm betting they were expecting to lose men by the time we got there." He smirked. That certainly went to say something about the squad to which they belonged. Not to mention Viktor was usually very good about remaining silent or uncooperative in the face of adversity; being set off like that was practically against every fiber of his existence.

"What can I say? I was 'born' in a marine environment and I can't stand those guys." Echo said with a chuckle. "I'm pretty quiet too, but those little IPG motherfuckers just....ugh...something about them makes me want to tear them limb from limb. Plus, like I said earlier, they tried to take my gun..."

Amelia didn't even seem to bat an eyelash at the shuttle promptly leaving. This was very odd of her, considering how normally she'd be wondering if something had come up and she was needed to be on duty again. Something seemed to be more important to her right now...

"Amelia." She answered evenly. "I'm aquiring something I need. It should not take long though. I already have what I need to obtain it." She spoke without looking in her new companion's direction, as if focusing on whatever task she had set herself to.

They were noticably heading towards the city limits as they walked. "A new recruit, hm? Well welcome to the butcher squad. Hope you don't mind mass murder." She didn't seem to have much else to comment on. She was one of those people who always tried to maintain a neutral expression and behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back