Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Post-Mission 21] Kyoto Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyoto Military Spaceport

The large ceilings and wide interior expanses of the megacity irritated Tsuguka. If she couldn't tell if it counted as 'outside' or not, she couldn't tell if she was supposed to be wearing her hat. Instead, she just copied whatever the rear admiral was doing. The contents of the passing outlets only confused her more. It all seemed much too lavish, and thus wasteful. It couldn't have been any more out of her element.

"Never as a tourist, Shosho." She answered Hanako's question starkly, slightly disturbing her straight stance in order to lean around the others. Whatever species this 'Tony' person was, she was currently filed under Tsuguka's 'large opaque annoying object' folder. "I have never had the requirement, or been issued an order as such."

She felt like asking why they were taking a limousine instead of something faster, if they intended to rest easy, but didn't feel like openly questioning the rear admiral's plan of action.

Kyoto

Mitsuko settled into a table by herself at the tropically themed little restaurant, quickly ordering a frozen margarita. She felt she was far too young to be nostalgic for the good old days, but here she was. The Neko began to wonder if she was supposed to find somewhere to spend the night herself, or if she could just return to the ship. Such mundane concerns occupied her while she waited for her drink, examining the menu.

Kyoto Military Spaceport

After dumping her muffle and making sure she rifle case was locked, she followed the Boss Lady out through the same Space port as she just came from. Her hand rested on her holstered HHG, this place not long ago was the Enemy's city, and well the Boss Lady was the face of that enemy. With a grin she let the thought roll off, none of it mattered to her, hell the thought of the Nekovalkyrja didn't bother her. Might be why she was picked for this deal.

"No Ma'am. First time on this planet. Never thought I would have had the chance before. Um... What kind of food are we heading towards..." Tony knew the levels of her funds, and well she also knew she didn't get payed anywhere near what one of these Yami's did. the worry about affording food here was a mild concern.

Cargo Ramp > Kyoto Military Spaceport

Hisoka followed along behind Hananko, one hand holding her cap to her head, while she also projected a mild gravity field that deflected most of the rain and debris, while running she as pondering why she didn't do this when she arrived in the first place. When they all got to the awaiting Limo, Hisoka took a seat near the wetbar most limos are built to have.

"This is the first time I've set foot on my former enemy's homeworld." Hisoka said. "Aside from the rain, it is a very beautiful world." She mentioned with a smile. "It's a good thing we were unable to topple you to claim it." She finished.

Limousine

"I was thinking some sort of multi-cultural buffet that was tavern-like," Hanako replied to Stark. "I was able to get a good recommendation for one from an online forum. I would like to stay together for lunch so we can discuss our future as a crew." To Hisoka, she simply nodded.

Hanako then slid into the limo, sitting next to the window at the front so she could speak to the driver, and took a moment to give her directions. She also took a moment to send their destination to Mitsuko. Once everyone else was aboard, they drive out of the spaceport and through the militarized zone, passing various stone admin buildings, armories, and barracks, and eventually a scanner arch and a checkpoint, where they reached the civilian side of Kyoto, which was full of neon-emblazoned shops and sleek cars with their lights on, blurred by the rain streaking down the limo's windows. "With so many new crew members, it would be a good time to get to know one another. What is something the other crew members need to know about you?" she asked them all.

Restaurant

Mitsuko tilted her head at the message, currently slurping at her drink. Some sort of meeting with the new crew members they were taking on board? She wondered who else was going to tag along. After mentally examining the directions for a moment, she worked up the courage to call the waitress over and apologize to her for having to leave so suddenly. She was suddenly relieved she had taken so long looking at the menu. Once she'd finished her frozen margarita, and paid for it, she'd be good to go.

Cabin 6

As everyone started filing out of the cabin Natsumi stood quietly until everyone else was gone. Once the last of them were gone she took the two steps needed to cross the distsnce between them and threw her arms around Sienna, hugging the Nepleslian woman tight.

"I'm gonna miss you, Sienna!" the neko said, not letting her new friend go for a minute or two. "I know you don't believe in having friends, but I'm always gonna be yours, so you're just going to have to deal with it" she finally let go, wiping her cheeks with her hands. "please remember that sometime and keep in touch" she offered Sienna a smile then took her hand.

"Come on, let's go have lunch then have fun on the town before you head off for your new adventure."

Limousine

"Standard Yamatai model, standard Yamatai training. Slight specialization in close quarters combat, endurance, some maintenance experience." Tsuguka answered rigidly, her voice emotionless. It wasn't just that she didn't understand the spirit of the exercise that made it a little off putting, it was the way she would gaze unflinchingly over before adjusting her head, never blinking... If she was an off-the-shelf civilian android, most people would have bought a software upgrade. "Additional information; Today is the first day I have seen a Nepelsian in real life. Many Nekovalkyrja encounter a specially arranged associate during cultural training, but I had to suffice with a VR rendition. You are exactly three inches shorter than I was lead to believe."

Her greenish eyes suddenly shot over to Antonia, darkened face a multi-coloured canvas for the neon lights passing around them. "No insults intended, I'm sure your abilities are more than comparable, Cadet." Her face swapped briskly too a full smile, then dropped it again, mechanically.

"Cultural exchange completed, ma'am."

Last edited:
Limousine

Aikiko was mildly startled that the Shosho sat near her to give direction to the driver. She edged away from her to give her room as she enjoyed the luxury of the vehicle. She listened to each as the limousine took off towards her destination. Then it was her turn to speak.

"Akiashiro is my name." She didn't know what to say after that. A bit shy sitting next to the Shosho. She resumed speaking as her eyes briefly made eye contact with Hanako's. Then resumed moving again from each of the persons she was going to crew with and then to the passing scenery. "I'm a Pea.. I mean Demolitions. But slotted as Infantry. Know a bit about star-ship tech to be effective in Damage Control."

She was nervous as hell, acting like a school girl finding herself sitting next to her idol.

Looking across at the red skinned neko Tony chuckled. "Well damn, I was told ya'll were nothing but robots... But dang you seem to be over doing it Reddy." She smiled before taking off her Nep Marine cap and scratched her head.

"Anyways I'm Antonia Stark... Ya'll can call me Tony... ummm... I shoot crap... A lot. I can drive ships, tanks, go-carts... Any thing with weaponry. uhhh I personally own a Wasp rifle, I scored 99 out of 100 back in boot. Ya'll have boot? or was that a diskette?" She asked a bit harshly but that was more her personality and not an attempt to be a jerk.

"They sent me out to join you guys, Play Nice and try to make Friends with the Kittens, I's told. So here I am... Foreign Uniform in a foreign land... Uhh I have this hat," she held it up before them, It was a totally different color and make from her uniform. "My love gave it to me before he left to fight the NMX... It's all I have." She smiled but her green eyes were a little watery.

Last edited:
Limousine

"I am a robot. A meat robot. We all are. That's what all sentient beings are." Tsuguka replied, not looking best pleased, but then again, it didn't really look like she was capable of much else. Instead of staring at Tony again, she just crossed her arms and closed her eyes. "I will deploy emotions when they are necessary. It's a waste of effort and energy otherwise, Cadet Stark."

"My name is Santo Hei Tsuguka Toyoe. Tsuguka is the last name. Position is zero-one C starship infantry." She added, after a moment, still indifferent in tone, but attempting to be helpful. "Please don't call me reddy, it is unprofessional... I apologize, but I thought you would have had the opportunity to perform more research. Boot camp contained a combination of exercises, it depends on the inherent cost of the exercise in question. If one simply downloaded exactly the same course into every Nekovalkyrja, it would lead to overspecialization..."

"None of us would have personalities-" She said, in a way completely lacking personality. "-or any sense of cunning, in that case."

Maybe vocal articulation wasn't quite her strong suit.

Limousine

Aikiko relaxed with a soft smile staring out the rain streaked window as she listened to the two speak. Reminding her of the PF troop carrier and/or SAoY troop carrier. There were always two or more conversations going on. A great source of information. Between the two at least one was infantry like her. The Cadet, she wasn't to sure of, but interesting to say the least.

Aikiko shifted a bit on the luxurious seat causing her skirt to rise up a bit to expose the tip of the hilt of a Nepleslian Marine K-bar strapped to the inside of her left thigh. Not used to the riding in such a smooth quiet vehicle, she would've fallen asleep. Except for the sights offered that kept her awake.

Last edited:
Limousine

"I suppose you should know something about your captain, too," Hanako chimed. "I am Hanako. I was born as Sammy Rainchill, an Elf, in but my parents died at in the plague when I was very young. I ended up in a slave program, renamed Hinosami and eventually followed my master, Yui, into military service on the YSS Yui, starting as a communications officer, and in YE 27 she freed me, renamed me Hanako, and put me in command of her scout ship Nozomi. The Eucharis is my fifth and longest starship command. Being in the Star Army has not been easy for me. I have been stabbed, shot, drowned, burned, frozen, captured, tortured, raped, implanted with eggs, marooned, illegally cloned, and I have lost three gunships just like the Eucharis...the Sakura, Plumeria, and Elfin Princess. I helped conquer Lor, save Lor, then accidentally caused a Lorath civil war, led the so-called Freespacer genocide, and I was at the battles of Nataria, Elysia, and Yamatai during the Second Mishhuvurthyar War and saw the war to its end by personally leading the attack on NMX headquarters. Sometimes I think about getting out and settling down but the reason I have stuck in the Star Army is because, for better or worse, this career is where I get to leave my mark on the universe. There are a great many things in this universe that still terrify me, but I have learned to face the most horrible odds. I have changed: the meek slave girl has bloomed into a leader. What I expect from you, my crew, is to change like I have. Keep growing, keep learning, and keep fighting even when you should be scared out of your mind."

Limousine

Aikiko smoothed out her skirt, covering up the view of her knife as she listened to Hanako. She could relate to most of what she had said, except for the eggs part, command of star-ships and outright slavery, even though indentured service came pretty close and living in the corporate slum housing.

'To stop learning was to die', an old mentor in the UOCPF had told her. 'And to keep your skills sharp.' She could still hear his old gruff voice as he lay dying in her arms after an arrest had ended in a gunfight, parting last bit of wisdom to her.

She blinked, turning towards the window of the vehicle gliding through the big city. Thinking over what Shosho had said was something she could think about. She nodded acknowledging the brief history of Hanako to let her know that she was paying attention.

Limousine

Hisoka smiled as she heard Hanako basically fess to being an intergalactic war criminal. "My, my, Ketsurui Shosho, if it wasn't for the sake of the empire, I would have called you a war criminal for everything you just said." She said with a small nod. "But I bet you had your justifications in nearly making a species extinct and making another one try and wipe itself out."

She then looked at everyone assembled. "Anyway, my name is Hisoka. I am currently this ships Intelligence Officer and am also a converted Mishhuvurthyar Nekovalkyrja. I would talk about my skills but that would be boring,."

Limousine

Tsuguka just gazed at Hanako for an extended period. It was the first time she had thought of her leader as anything other than a pure-blooded Nekovalkyrja, the same as herself, and her suddenly quite apprehensive body language showed that. Moreover, that kind of history made her seem like some ancient, twisted elder thing in comparison to her short life. She of course knew of the numbers behind her exploits, the names and locations, but Yamatai training was bound to find the silver lining in every conflict.

Hisoka's blunt edge remark snapped her out of the somber glare, but her mouth still hung open for a second before she decided what to say.

"...I have never believed in the concept of pure right and pure wrong. It is a childish way to live a life." She stated openly, arms still crossed, staring into the floor. "Shosho Hanako... I will continue to respect you for not climbing down off the horse. This is why the Eucharis was my choice of stationing. Not because it is big, or powerful, or even famous. Not because it is lucky and always encountered guiltless situations. Because it is resolute."

"The day that you tell us you believe in some magical entity that makes your every action righteous... Then, I will request a transfer." Tsuguka made direct eye contact again now, not exactly brimming with something as human as pride, but certainly a robust confidence. Her arm moved a bit, then retracted. She felt like saluting. "Until then, you are my Shosho. I will not disobey."

Last edited:
Limousine

War criminal? Hanako seethed. She wanted to strike Hisoka, to throw Hisoka out the car. Instead, she explained. "I am no criminal, only a soldier. I make no pretense of being a paragon but also I have no regrets over the lives I have taken in war. First, holding me responsible for the Lorath civil war is asinine. I only slept with their princess. It was not me who started the coverup, or started the shooting. The war started because their high priest, Velor, was insane with jealousy. In spite of my efforts to prevent him, he threw his entire civilization into chaos, killing billions and glassing entire worlds just because he was not able to take the virginity of his sister. It sickens me that he still remains in power. Second, the Freespacers became our enemies because they consorted with our enemies, the Mishhuvurthyar, and because they attempted to hack Star Army computers. Yui wanted shock and awe so I delivered. Hisoka, you should know as much as anyone here that in an Army you do not get to choose your enemies, or whether to fight them."

The Shosho took a deep breath and nodded to Tsuguka. "I have no plans to become an Elysian priest," she replied.

Limousine

"Pray forgive my words Ketsurui Shosho, I merely meant from an outsider's perspective." Hisoka said, "the new information you have given has changed my opinion, though I would hazard to call the Freespacers consorts to my former masters. From what I knew, my former masters entertained the idea to play along with the spacers till they were not needed and then eradicate them themselves." Hisoka smiled at this. "But a man willing to commit war crimes himself over the loss of his chance to take his own blood's virginity," Hisoka makes a distasteful face, "I can say with certainty, that incest is probably the only thing I completely dislike."

Last edited:
Limousine

Akiashiro turned back to the window to hide and to muffle the soft laughter that escaped at the comment of rivalry of lover that caused a civil war. Muttered to cover up the laughter, "whot an universe we live in," as she regained her composure, back to the stoic facade she presented. At least it kept her employed and given her a new body to use.

Once more composed, she looked back at the group, eyes shifting from one to the next as the limousine cruised quietly down the street. Aikiko was thankful she had her concealed blade with her as she rested her hand on her thigh in a relaxed manner.

Limousine

The second Hisoka mentioned the war criminal charges Tony felt the limousine temperature drop, but there had been comments like that flying around when Tony had been ordered out here.

It took a bit for the redhead to register and process the fact that the neko admitted that she was a Mishhu Neko. As the conversation carried on she worked through the math and realized this was the face of the enemy that had killed her Boyfriend. Her HHG pistol was drawn and pointed at the traitor enemy.

"Ma'am You sure got Stones! Y'er history proves that but letting enemy of us all to join us?" Speaking to the Shosho she thumbed slide the selector switch on the pistol to the highest powered mode, causing the coils to charge and hum. "Shall I dispatch her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back