• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Eucharis [Post-Mission 21] Kyoto Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Restaurant

"Close combat, mostly defense." Toyoe responded, placing a palm the center of her chest and nodding forwards a bit, as if declaring some kind of vow. It was very subtle, but the attentiveness of her eyes suggested that she appreciated having her rank included when addressed. "I have yet to see how that works out in our standard high-speed power armour, however... I may ask if I can acquire a Lamia shield to be retrofitted onto a Mindy, and acquire a partner with sniping abilities to run defense for. That would seem the most prudent course of action... How much experience have you with power armor systems and tactics?"

After a pause, her reddish face crooned a little, carrying sort of inquisitive, animalistic look. She glanced up and down at Aikiko's blank posture, and then back into her eyes again.

"My conversation is boring you. I apologize." She was forgetting to blink again. "I need more training in that area."

"No, I find it quite fascinating." Aikiko spoke softly, yet her voice carried clearly. "For being Infantry, you show your inexperience by being unarmed. But then running with Privateers gave me a unique perspective and EOD skills have enhanced my Infantry skill quite a bit, Tug." Gave a soften version of a predatory smile along with a twinkle in her eyes, even though her tone was very respectful as if she was addressing the Shosho. "As for power armor.... I have the proper accessories to do very delicate work if needed. Thanks to the PF for the training and experiences, I've gained." Even though her eyes darted towards the windows and the doors leading into the room and everyone that was present.

Restaurant

Mitsuko headed in with the others, getting a good look at the new recruits. Three Neko, probably fairly fresh out of training. One Nepleslian. She smiled, thinking she'd have to introduce her to Bors once everyone was back on the Eucharis. She settled in closer to Hanako than the new people, feeling more comfortable near the more familiar face. Not that she was ever incredibly comfortable around the captain. She had already enjoyed one special beverage before her walk over, relaxing the normally anxious Neko just a bit, so she was fine ordering just tea for now. Murakami had her shopping bags stowed neatly under her chair, head turning back and forth as she followed the spirited conversation between the two Neko.

Restaurant

The talk of her inexperience made 'Tug' tense up a little. She sat up straighter, placed both palms into her lap, and looked into the tabletop with a self-conscious expression. "So it is obvious..." If Tsuguka was red with embarrassment, it was impossible to tell. It's not like that deep, monotone voice ever really changed, either. "You are right, Santo-Hei Akiashiro. I do just follow orders. Before today, I thought that was enough."

"No sympathy requested." She glanced back up, as if to defensively reflect any attempt at empathy. "My resolve is adequate. I will adapt to this function in time."

"...Three fingers?" The woman than changed the subject briskly, gazing over to Aikiko's hands, but took a moment before elaborating. "I would have thought your slightness of hand was limited by that, yet it seems to be your entire skill focus... Why did you remain with the old-type hands even after changing bodies, if you don't mind me asking, comrade? Were you afraid that the extra fingers would lead to mistakes?"

A sudden strange, sensation. Her ears twitched. Were they being watched?

Yes. The unidentified female crew member with the glasses, slightly closer to the Shosho. Evidently an earlier custom frame NH-33, albeit with the same abnormal, lime green eyes as Tsuguka. It didn't look like she intended to join in the conversation. Most unusual.

Last edited:
"The finger that the humans call the ring finger is useless and has very limited independent movement..." Shrugs " And my previous body .. A NH-22 had three fingers which I am used to." Falling quiet as her drink finally arrived. She nodded to the waitress her thanks with a friendly smile. She turned her attention back to 'Tug', briefly before going back scanning the room. Taking in everyone also. "I got a lot of practice as a civilian contracted Demolition in a mining consortium before the start of the Second Mish war." She fell silence as she took a drink, enjoying the amber liquid.

Restaurant

It seemed one Neko, Akiashiro, was much older than Mitsuko had been expecting. She was right about the red-skinned one, though. Mitsuko blushed and pushed up her glasses, making sure the special lenses were fully covering her eyes, to keep them from looking too neon and glowy. The older Neko (and, obviously, the Nepleslian) had ordered drinks, while the younger girl had been attempting to order some sort of liquid salad. She smiled, remembering back to her first leave on Hanako's World.

"Tsuguka-Hei?" She had picked up the name during the conversation. "I'm not sure they serve, um, nutritional smoothies like that here. You should try something...stronger." She made a point of looking at what Akiashiro and Stark were drinking. "It's important to relax sometimes, and not always do the most efficient thing. Lots of people keep telling me that." Murakami glanced over at the captain, before smiling again at the red-skinned Neko. "Have you ever tried a frozen margarita~?"

Reactions: Wes
Antonia Stark had just sat there and listened to the two cats talk for a bit. She thought about mentioning she was a sniper, or at least believed herself as such. She noticed the raven black haired neko sit down at the table near the Princess. She smiled politely and reholstered her pistol while keeping it under the table.

"I fear Red there might be a bit to wound tight to partake in the finer things in life." She smiled when the waitress showed up with her beer. "not that this is the finest of thins, but it's from my home town."

She let her eyesight drift over to Tsuguka, "And Red, I'm pretty decent with ranged weapons, though I prefer tanks and ships, I do keep a personal Wasp rifle with me. So if you feel you can trust to turn your back on me with it, I might be able to cover it. Assuming I'm allowed off ship."

She gave a sly smile before looking off at Mish. She, Tony realized, was as much of an outsider here as she was. Well maybe Mish had more of a chance of being one of the crew, being a neko. With a sigh she took a draw of her cold beer and looked down at the place setting.

Taxicab

Sienna didn't turn her vacant gaze away from the window, nor did she release her hugging grip on the pack in her lap. She barely offered any response to Natsumi at all, or even any indication she was even there, save for the occasional bounce or inertia-driven shift as the hovertaxi weaved in and out of traffic. Her mind was adrift in a sea of thoughts she barely managing not to drown in, let alone push back into the forgotten recesses of her memory.

After a long, uncomfortable pause, it finally seemed that the Nepleslian heard the question, and replied with a small shrug, still staring blankly out the window. "I'll figure it out," she said. "Always do."

Restaurant

"The second Mishuvurthyar war... So you're at least five years old then?" She didn't look surprised, but certainly intrigued. "You must have been surviving independently for quite a long time." She could tell that Akikio didn't have a previous rank in the Star Army, and thus did not feel like pushing the woman to answer likely difficult questions about her origins. Still, it would be useful to know exactly who she was working with. Foreign service records tended to show faces and efforts, not individual successes.

"Stronger?" As she replied to the neko girl with the glasses, the waitress placed a cocktail glass with crushed ice and a green liquid in it before her. Evidently, they thought her order was a joke and had given her something else. Thanking the waiter regardless, she then immediately set about rotating it between thumb and forefinger, examining it mistrustfully. Belatedly, she offered a nod of respect to the woman, as if to formally accept the advice. "Relaxing... Is a hard thing to do intentionally. I will research into the subject, and attempt to implement a robust relaxation plan in the near future, however." A short, haphazard smile, deployed like a wee happiness grenade, before being instantly retracted. That wasn't a joke, then. "I'm sorry, I believe I have not been informed as to your name?" Since she had downloaded the crew roster and mugshots earlier, so she knew exactly who it was, but it seemed impolite and improper not to actually ask. "Are you Joto Hei Murakami?"

The Nepelsian woman's shoulders kept moving. Either fidgeting or messing with her pistol again. Tsuguka wished she wouldn't. The neko having taken a seat close to the Shosho wasn't sucking up, after all, it was a practical effort to block firing solutions upon her, should the situation come to it. If Antonia chose to take it as an insult, well... The life of the commanding officer was proportionately more important.

"I do have a type 33 pistol. It's Star Army standard issue... But not technically part of formal dress." She responded to Stark's questions in her standard informative tone. "My training with all standard rifles is adequate. Our ability to operate as a pair... Depends on the situation, I suspect. Perhaps if we stormed an enclosed space, sans power armour... But that would depend on if you can trust Santo Hei Hisoka or not."

A renewed disapproving look towards the glass that had been set before her. It smelled both far too sweet and far too alcoholic.

"Cadet Antonia Stark, would you like... Erm, this?"

Aikiko nodded as she fell quiet as Tsuguka's attention shifted to another in the group. Sipping her drink as she watched and listened to the others speak. She sipped her drink, eyes roaming about. She spotted the buffet of food laid out.

"Excuse me." Aikiko stood up and scampered to the buffet. Pausing near a waitress, "Excuse me, miss. Is that where I get my food or will I have to order it?"

"Help yourself to the buffet," Waitress motioned her to follow her to where the line started. "Get your plate and eating utensils here." Pointing out where everything is as she speaks.

"Thank you for your assistance, Miss." Aikiko spoke with respect to her. "I hope your day goes well for you."

As she stepped to get her stuff, the waitress smiled at the back of Aikiko with a soft, "thank you."

Aikiko got her plate, fork, knife, spoon set wrapped in a napkin, then moved over to where the food was and helped herself to what she liked to eat. She served herself with big portions, yet still not making herself look like a glutton.

She returned to the table with the plateful of food, settling down at her spot. She noticed her glass had been refilled with the same drink. She settled down and ate with manners. Just big enough to be a decent amount, yet easy to swallow if she needed to speak.

Last edited:
Restaurant

Mitsuko grinned at the thought of planning relaxation. Sounded familiar. "I have some literature I could share with you on the subject." She nodded as her name was brought up. "Murakami Mitsuko, yes. Although some people call me...." She trailed off as the red-skinned Neko tried to give her drink away. "Oh, no. At this age, you should always try new things." She reached over the table to helpfully nudge the beverage closer to Tsuguka.

Restaurant

"Santo Hei Tsuguka Toyoe, Infantry." She introduced herself again quickly, before continuing.

"I appreciate the offer of documentation, but..." Tsuguka's posture got even more rigid, her cheeks a bit more puffed out. The glass might as well have been spewing toxic fumes. "How do I know if I'm enjoying it properly if I don't know what it is, Joto Hei Murakami?... I'm not even sure that I-" She cut herself off, gave each member of the group a quick gander in turn, and then looked back at the glass again. Was it actually some kind of initiation ceremony? Was she showing a lack of trust and team spirit? That wouldn't do.

With a new look of determination, she drank exactly a quarter of the contents, then switched to a sour expression as she rapidly put it back down again. The alcoholic content wasn't what bothered her; It was overwhelmingly sugary and sour to the core.

"...I don't think I'm doing it right." A hoarse whisper. "Further research needed. But thank you for the instruction."

She wished she could serve drinks instead. This enjoyment thing was far too hard.

"What are your requirements from the buffet, Murakami-Hei?" The fact that the petite woman was nearly a foot shorter than her made it pretty hard to look respectful towards her as Tsuguka stood up, but she did her best.

Last edited:
Taxi

Natsumi sat in silence next to Sienna for some few minutes, watching the city slip by. She turned her big red eyes back inwards, glancing at Sienna. "You're pretty down for someone who's got themselves in a pretty good spot" she said finally. "Away from a bad place, set up financially and set loose on one of the safest and most prosperous capitol worlds in the galaxy" she poked at Sienna's shoulder. "You should be happier, unless you really wanna stay on the Eucharis" she suggested.

Restaurant

Aikiko turned red as she choked on her food at the antics of Tsuguka as she shook with laugthter trying to breath, swallow, laugh all at once, without spitting out her chewed food in disgrace in front of the Shosho. ~~"Tugs is gonna be the death of me!"~~ The thought raced through her mind.

Restaurant

Hisoka kept quiet for most if not all of the conversations between the crew. She was taking everything they were saying in. She was a tactical logistics officer to knowing her fellow crew's mentality and mannerisms was essential for her line of work. In fact this little meeting is telling her a lot about almost all of them, save Hanako, who was being abnormally quiet. Even the former intel she kept from her time as a Mishuvurthyar operative told her the Shosho was almost impossible to shut up. "Hm, an interesting crew we have." She thought as she kept on observing.

Restaurant

Mitsuko smiled, nodding encouragingly as Tsuguka finally gave in and sampled the drink. She couldn't help but giggle at her reaction. "At least now you know you don't like it. That's something new to remember." She took a sip of her tea, before standing as the other Neko questioned her. "Oh, well...I'll probably try a little of everything, if I can." She blushed. "Most things. I'm sure it's all good here, if the captain picked it out." Murakami glanced back at the others at the table, before moving to accompany the red-skinned Neko. "What do you prefer? Spicy, sweet? Fish, vegetables, meat? Or are you one of those types that would be happy eating plain rations every day?" She knew a few of those.

Restaurant

She sat there watching the others interact, Tony didn't even have to turn down the frufru-drink that Red had ordered unther the Raven haired Neko's suggestion. She wasn't sure what to say or do. She knew she had alienated herself from these people the second she reacted from training. hell it hurt to think that Red believed that she would kill all the nekos if given a chance.

She sighed and looked down at her drink. Taking a few moments to collect herself she looked over at Mish. "So.. I'm sorry about earlier Mish... I guess I didn't think that you had been cleared and all that, it was reactionary if anything."

Restaurant

Aikiko recovered from her bout of choking and laughter, settling down watching the others and everything else. She resumed eating, enjoying the moment from the limelight and listening to the others. Even though she was alert, eyes became a bit glazed as she let her mind drift...

:: Flashback :: UOC controlled planet :

... sitting in the dimly lit restaurant with others poorly dressed in cast off of third hand thrifts stores, that have been cleaned so many times the color were so faded that you could barely guess the color. Even the white was dingy aged grey. But then she fit right in with the rest of the patrons on her 'once in a while' spurge of eating out in a semi-clean restaurant that served decent foods, drink rut-gut home brewed beers and think this was the finest thing in the world. Even if you knew those richer than you could afford better. The cliental was fellow miners in the same shape. Working long hours to just barely make ends meet while living in the Company Town.

She was popular as her skills kept them employed moving the rubble to get to the ores that the Company shipped off world. She looked across the table at her date. A big man who was the boss of her shift. A rugged sort of an individual and not to many liked him. But at least he knew how to keep the most laziest of them productive. He's been after her since she came to work for the Company. But of course like any who owed the Company for the transport here, (at least what that they claimed) and have proof of your contract (forged, of course). But then if you don't remember the time before they woke you, it was hard to prove any foul play and worked hard, gambled, and dated those that worked in management for favors and better work assignments.

Aikiko knew how the game was played and working the day shift was a lot better working in the open pit mine than at nighttime where the lighting was very poor. And idiots that drove the big ore haulers, who were half drunk and thought that everyone should get out of their way... So she was here putting up with his clumsy attempts at eating and carrying on a conversation of how the Company aquires a lot of it's laberors by an intersteller crime orginatization.
She laughed at that cause the Peace Force Officers wouldn't allow it, making him turn red with booze induced anger as everyone knew that organized crime had no interest in the Mines. "If that was true, then there should be some proof of that?" She inquired to placate him before they got kicked out.

He leaned forward close enough to breath his bad booze laden breath on her. "The Company keeps records in their offices near the aerospace port, my cheri."

Aikiko held her breath till he leaned back away from her. "You go there a lot?" Looking at him with her eyes wide open. Giving him a bright smile as if she was at the point of believing him.
He nods, "I go there and pick up our shifts paychecks and hear and see all sorts of things!" He said proudly calming down again. He leaned back and took another healthy drink of his rotgut beer and let out a loud belch that quieted the room.

Aikiko giggled at his manliness, encouraging him to drink more till he either passed out or wandered off after another female that caught his eye...

Restaurant

"I cannot retire now," Hanako murmured. "I would not want to miss seeing where this crew goes." She wandered off for a moment or two and returned with a plate of salmon, rice, mixed vegetables, and lightly-sauced sweet and sour chicken. She was eager to talk business but she held back the urge to start a briefing because she didn't want to interfere with the bonding process. It occurred to her that this was like the classic tales of adventurers, where the motley group would meet in a tavern, soak up some rumors, and plan their first adventure to explore some dungeon. She signaled the waitress and ordered a glass of red wine, glancing around for potential contacts.

Restaurant

"Actually, the standard rations are a bit low in phytochemicals for my taste. Not great in the essential nutrient range, either. But I guess they were designed with budget in mind, so they serve their purpose." Tsuguka took a metaphorical running jump and missed the mark entirely. None the less, she seemed to follow the bookish neko closely, and put effort into listening to her speak. "... I guess I'll simply try a number of things as well, Murakami-hei. The construction of those fried meat parcels looks interesting."

A quick glance back to the table spoke of her remaining hang-ups over the Antonia situation. Mitsuko didn't seem like she'd been telepathically informed by the rear admiral about the events, so she figured they were probably the most unbiased person in the room on the subject.

"I feel like I should order another one of those drinks for Cadet Stark... I don't like making a promise and not keeping it." There was a serious look on her face despite the dunderheaded subject matter. It carried over as she looked back to her plate, arranging food items upon it in a regimental fashion. "Aside from that... She's so different from the others, that... Well, I feel like being honest with her will only drive her away. Yamatai is everything to me. How can you tell a foreigner that without coming across as elitist?"

"How can I appease the situation between us? Should I buy her a Nepelsian drink? -Or, a gun, or something?... I do not understand how to fix this situation."

A dumpling escaped from the provided scoop and skittered across the floor, underneath a nearby table. The recovery mission began immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…