• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: LSDF Akahar [Pre-Prologue 0.2] - 300 Kilograms

ShotJon

21st of September, YE34

One, two, three, four... Bastion counted as she did push-ups. Her large body was down and then back up with each number. Her finger were balled in a fists pressing against the ground and her strong arms were lifting her body with surprising ease. The number in her head was quickly rising. She did like to exercise, helped her think about stuff more clearly. And it killed time. On LSDF Akahar, one really needed to know how to kill time.

"Fifty," she said and stopped. She then truned around, laying on her back and moved to sit-ups. Her eyes started looking around the training room to check who else was there if anybody. Training was not something most of the crew of this ship did.

They settled on the figure of a white helashio in a fighter's singlet, standing with a towel around her neck, watching in silence. When Bastion's eyes settled on her, she didn't flinch, or stop watching.

The two of them were the only ones presently in the work-out room. The helashio stood still very well; notably not even her tail, which she had curled just slightly while watching, had moved since their eyes had caught. She seemed like some sort of background; a statue, not a person.

Bastion stopped in middle of move. The helashio was watching her for some reason. Was she waiting if Bastion wanted something from her? She did have a collar, so she was a slave. But she might have been someone's slave. Not just ship-slave. Bastion did not have any requests anyway. The helashio was somewhat strange though. She was so still, Bastion looked back her still in stopped in middle of the sit-up. She felt her abdominal muscles stretching, as she froze in middle of lifting her body. Like that Bastion stopped moving and watched the helashio, awaiting any reaction.

They stared at each other, perfectly still, for almost a quarter of a minute. Then it prolonged into half a minute. Then a minute. Only then Bastion sighed and finished the sit-up staying up. She folded her arms together and let them be on her knees, still looking at the helashio. Bastion could have stayed like that longer, but all that would she got from that would be a cramp and she wanted to do more training today.

"Care to help me?" Bastion then asked to kill the silence. "I could use someone hold my feet while I do sit-ups?" She said. Bastion herself was nto much clothed. Her body was only covered in small sport top just enough to cover her breasts and shoulder, letting her abs being shown to whole work and a stretchy tight shorts.

"If you spot me afterwards, I don't mind," the helashio answered, pulling the towel from around her neck and coiling it around her hands, her body suddenly seeming to move all at once; her tail resumed its lazy swing and curl, her posture relaxed slightly, and even her walk seemed abrupt after all that stillness. As if suddenly she'd stepped back into the moving world, she knelt at Bastion's feet, and secured them firmly to the deck.

This close, it was obvious that the singlet was hiding more than cleavage; the helashio, with her short slick-back haircut, slave or not, wasn't any sort of pushover.

"Thank you," Bastion replied softly and then put her hands back behind her head. She resumed her exercise, moving her upper body back to the ground and then back up. A simple task. Except she did it one hundred and fifty times. She sped up several times, then slowed up again. When she was done she remained laying on the ground, seeminly not really tired. Hundred or so sit-up cannot phase someone who can lift almost a ton after all.

"Thanks, it is easier when somone holds your feet." She said and took a towel laying next to her, wiping what little sweat was on her face. "You are new on the ship right? I have not seen you around before."

The white irises seemed fixed for a moment, before the helashio shrugged. "Yea. You are infantry?"

"Surprisingly enough I am," Bastion said and stood up. She straightened up, putting her legs next to each other with only short space between them. She started doing squats. They were entirely too close, so the helashio stepped back and picked her towel up, before moving over to one of the weight benches and picking out weight.

"So am I."

-

Meanwhile... in the batty Scientist's cave..

Buttons pressing, joysticks gyrating, triggers being jerked. The best way to spend a lazy evening between assignments was on Matriarchy time, money and infrastructure to play a Nepleslian first person shooter on a large, holographic screen with surround sound.

"Owned." The executive officer had come on top of a leaderboard after a free for all. He set the controller down and looked around his not-office. The garish Phoenix Man! poster on the wall was still standing tall and smiling with a gun pointed towards the viewer, the perpetual candy fabricator was nearby and producing candy for the man's sugar addiction. It wasn't a pain killer but it was still an addiction.

"You know, there is probably some regulation or ruling against using tax payer money for Nepleslian designed entertainment when you're supposed to be doing something important." Said a voice from Keib's doorway.

"We bought in another hulk yesterday and its being towed. I'm entitled to some time off after a success!" He walked over to the controls for the sound system and fiddled with the knobs. Horrible, noisy Nepleslian rock and roll played over the speakers.

The Fyunnen almost smiled.... /almost/, to be honest anytime he felt bored it was always worth the venture to see what his second in command was up to. In the very least he was never left with a dull moment, although... this time it was business.. for the most part.

His foot falls thudded against the deck as he finally entered, making sure the door slid shut behind him. He fiddled with the controls for a moment before the pad shown red, locked from the inside.

"So!" the executive officer yelled over the din of the music, "What's on your mind? Take a seat, I'll load your profile up on NSS DeathWish."

The urge to instill professionalism had been around since he'd been handed this ship and the assortment of screwballs, mess ups, and generally failures that made up it's crew.. he'd given up after less then a month.. turning to less conventional methods.. although it was still present at the back of his mind as he took the offered seat. Although... he shutdown the system, his command link with the ship active as the holographic screen in front changed to something his XO would recognize. The image of their new infantry member in surgery, Hakahn was looking at him now, his expression clearly desiring answers.

Keib raised an eyebrow at Hakahn over the music, and walked back over to the stereo and turned down the music. He watched the replay. He, Greg, and Four-Six. "I had the impression that you approved. I left the door unlocked if you felt the need to intervene. Am I mistaken?" His jovial attitude had dropped somewhat in favour of getting to business, even in the midst of hushed Nepleslian rock and roll.

Hakahn shifted slightly, of course he approved, he always approved when Keib felt the need to take in another stray. The gods know, this ship had it's fair share of strays from all the houses, his question was toward another direction... whether or not realized just what he may have opened up releasing this Helashio's mind. "You know where she came from, you know what probably happened anytime something like this happens. My question is are you prepared for the possible backlash that could occur." He stated rather then asking.

"Possible? Bah." Keib seemed bemused, "If it is by a God or Goddess, they're late. If it is by another person, then I disrespectfully disagree with them." He leaned against the wall and eyed Hakahn up and down. Sixty long years, Keib had lived blissfully unaware of the world at large. Then a moon fell on his home, and his eyes were opened, "If they can't prevent a moon from falling on home, I doubt they'd get around to dealing with me. Its why I was assigned here."

He then sighed, "Plus, Her'vak Hunter is a raging glory boy, and a convenient device with which to dispose of perfectly serviceable Lorath ships." He counted the number on his hands. One, two, three, four, five. Yeah. Five.

"And he has a mother who sits on quite a few councils, the question is.. what reasons would he have to send us her." Hakahn asked to no one in particular, his finger bobbing slightly as he pointed at the playing recording. "Was there anything.. interesting about her physically? I'm assuming you've exammed her?"

He shook his head, "I was only interested in the collar and the file. No name, no previous history, no rank, just a transfer and a bullet hole." He pointed to a spot on his abdomen, just beneath his stomach, "She must've seen something, spoke out agaisnt a superior, or was a fall guy for one of her bumbling intrigues." He sighed, "I'm no doctor, though."

Hakahn grinned at that last line, showing a few teeth as he recalled a few memories. "True, you tend to cut the wrong things out." Although his eyes soon returned to the screen, "What else though, anything of interest in her body chemistry?" Asked the Fyunnen as the requested item materialized on the hologram. The scientist shook his head.

"Like I said, I was only interested in the collar." He sighed. He then rubbed his goatee and looked down at the floor. He then looked at his belly, and raised an eyebrow at where he'd found the bullet wound on Four Six. He gave it a few prods thoughtfully and frowned, "What are you suggesting...?" His eyebrows raised and his expression was grave, having completely lost his jovial pretense.

He tapped the image, specifcially a close up of the bullet wound. "Her'vak is an idiot, but even he's received basic training in marksmanship, why put a bullet in her there?" He asked, tapping the wound's image. Keib's expression went completely blank as he finally connected the dots. He dismounted himself from the wall and looked for the sink in his kitchenette, and made himself a glass of water, drinking it and sloshing it in his mouth for a moment before spitting it out into the sink. He looked back at Hakahn, and his eyes looked positively wild. His hair could be seen standing up as his grip on psionic control started to loosen.

Hakahn however remained ever thoughtful, his finger still tapping the image. "Theories my good boy, do you have any?" He asked in a perfectly.. almost coldy.. calm voice.

He stepped forward, and with each step, the room shook a little. The figurines and Neplesliana jingled on the shelves as he set his cup down. "Could have. Been accused. Heresy. Interbreeding." He managed to say between breaths, calmed by Hakahn's presence as the messenger, "Disposable asset. Broken Rubber? Unknown!" The cup behind him started to crack with the power of his mind.

"Would fit his profile, he tends to break things... then get rid of them... ships.. personnel... they're all the same to his type.. " Hakahn continued to ponder, seemingly unaware or ignoring his XO's outbursts. "The question is.. what greater methodology lies behind this.. I'm gravely curious..."

"It's an idiot's. His mum. Always behind him. On coattails." He said, "Holds power. Fixes. On councils. As you said." He was starting to calm down. His clipped speech was starting to subside, and the things in his room stopped rattling. "I think we're on to something. Off the books and between jobs, we don't want the Higher Ups to get a whiff of this. It'll be biblical for us, them and the Matriarchy." A feral grin came across the scientist's face.

"Though one should ask, how our little package of theoretical evidence arrived." Hakahn noted, a slight bit of worry showing in his facial muscles as he watched the recording to the end.. showing the creature that was the subject of there little discussion sit on the operating table until it ended.

"Matters not. As far as we know, this is just a happy coincidence, and all of the black sheep come here one day. We're the shepherds, figuratively speaking." He smiled and put his hands out, "So! Who's ready to see a flock of sheep tear a wolf to pieces?"

--------------

Bastion kept doing her squats, watching the Helashio. Her eyebrows came together a little. "Did you stretch yet?" She then asked. Going and starting weight-lifting right away was not good idea after all and Bastion used to teach about stuff like that. Old habits kept showing up every now and then.

"I do all that in my room," the helashio explained, idly, fitting the weights onto the bar one after the other. "I just couldn't stand..."

And at that the gentle tail-sway stopped, again; like some sort of barometer for mood, it had chilled and frozen. Gradually it thawed, and the jumpy weightlifter continued, "I wanted to meet the rest of the infantry."

Bastion chuckled a little. She wanted to say that she met, but it would be wrong. There were more people who could have been considered members of infantry. In reality on this shop, everyone did what was needed. It ran on the skeleton crew and everyone was needed. "Well there is more of us," Bastion replied. "You will be able to see them at mess this evening. Well at least those who won't be on duty."

"I don't like the mess," admitted the white helashio, settling down on the bench and swiveling so that she could lay down on it. Preliminarily, she settled her hands on the bar, testing her grip. Bastion stopped doing her squats and moved toward the bench standing next to the helashio's head. Her hands were ready to spot, should the girl drop the weight.

There was a sort of unspoken tension there; if the helashio was indeed infantry, rather than a collared slave, she'd eat in the mess. But if she were a slave, she wouldn't. Apparently she occupied some sort of middle ground; that was unspoken, quick deduction.

The Helashio lifted the weight off the stand, and began to slowly lower it. Bastion's hands we lowering with the weight, just under the bar and not being in the way of the Helashio. Bastion did know how to spot well enough.

The helashio did ten reps, before settling the bar back onto the pegs and stretching her arms out. It wasn't as much as Bastion could have done, not even a third, but then again, Bastion was a whole lot bigger than even most Lorath, Bastion was a Funnyun, and Bastion had some cybernetic enhancements, too. From the look of the helashio, she was just a helashio - naturally limited.

"I must ask you one thing," Bastion said, while the girl was taking a breather. The large lorath looked doen on her companion with curious look. "Are you free or someone owns you?" She asked simply. There was no reason going around the topic.

Relaxing her arms to either side, the Helashio answered, "Free, I think."

"You...," Bastion repled with here eyebrows raies. "Think? Well you should clear that out I think." She added and chuckled.

"The executive officer says I'm free," the helashio explained, arms still out. Of a sudden, she winced, and touched at her head, closing her eyes for a few moments as though she were in some sort of pain. When she cracked open another eyes, she stated, "I'm a soldier. I'm just a soldier. Really, what sort of question is that? Just because I'm wearing this collar?"

Bastion shrugged. "It is fairly normal question." Bastion said and she really thought that. "I did not meet a single free helashio until Yamatai showed up. And now half of your people are free and half is not. Give or take. I do not really care much whether you are slave or not, I did not plan to start giving you orders or anything do not worry. I just wanted to know."

The helashio took a deep breath. "Now you do."

The tall fyunnen replied with a nod. "Ready for another round?" She asked, ready to spot again. She thought Helashio had more then enough breather and should be ready for next set by now.

After a certain amount of thoughtful consideration, the Helashio nodded. "Easy."

She reached up and took hold of the bar, lifted it, and started over again. Slowly down, slowly up. But it was a lot of weight, and eventually the reps got a little faster, bit by bit, as the girl struggled with the bar. She finished the second set of seven, and then dropped the bar back on the hooks, and gaved a raggedy sigh, flexing feeling back into her arms.

"I bet this looks pathetic to you, right?"

"Should it?" Bastion asked back, making sure that the bar was safely in the hooks. "I disagree. You are lifting over 400 kilograms. That is pretty remarkable for Helashio. Especially a woman. You are lucky even. At least there are enough weight for you to bench press properly."

The smooth-haired helashio laughed a little as the tension went out of her again. Her smile seemed genuine but ironic, and when she drew another breath, she flared her flat little nose. "I guess there's enough weight here I could be lifting forever. I bet you can lift this one handed, though, right?"

Bastion's eyes went to the bar. It had a little over 200 kilograms on each side. The bar was way too long though. The weight was okay, but she would not be able to keep balance with that long bar.

"I could." Bastion simply replied, but did not move to do so. RIght thing she could need is for the thing to loose the balance and fall on the white girl's head.

"That's real depressing." The girl's bleached pupils had opened up again. She settled her hands on the bar again, but only hung on with her fingers. "I wonder sometimes why I try at all."

Bastion just shrugged. She took a small bar from the ground and started putting some 50kg weights on it. Weight was from neriminium, a very very heavy metal. She put four on each side, leaving just enough space for her hand. She wanted to try to lift that weight herself. She ussually liften less one handed. The lorath knew she could do it.

"That is easy," Bastion said and stood up, holding the heavy weight in her hand. She then lifted it up front, keeping her arm complertely straight. The arms still shook, as the dumbbell it was very heavy for that kind of exercise. Bastion then bent her arm arm, lifting the dumbbell and moving it towards he shoulder. Her biceps muscles enlarged from the sheer effort. "Stop wondering. Keep trying." Bastion then said and stretched her arm again. She started training like that.

The helashio on the bench settled her hands in her lap, watching Bastion from her recline. Propping a leg up, curling her tail around, she resembled a curious animal very strongly. Almost like a pet, or some sort of wild animal, watching bright-eyed from a tree-branch. "Why aren't you an officer?"

Bastion chuckled again and shook her head a little. Why indeed. "Well because I am on this ship of course." She said, not willing to really explain what that mean.

Sitting up, the helashio asked, quite contrary to the hint. "What's wrong with this ship?"

The tall fyunnen sighed and stopped exercising, slowly putting the dumbbell on the ground. "This is a ship for screw-ups and people the higher-ups don't want with 'proper' soldiers. I was unlucky and I got here and I remained at my rank for three bloody years now." She explained and sat on the bench next to the Helashio.

"Unlucky?"

"Unlucky," Bastion replied with a nod. "HQ does not want soldier that witnessed a mutiny to be part of regular ship's crew. I got put here. Hidden. No one's trouble."

Taking this all in, turning her head away to view some other equipment, though which one exactly was difficult to determine. "What do you think about the officers? I mean, the Captain and the Exec."

"Captain?" Bastion stroke her chin and gave that a little thought. "He is... special cause. Good tactician, good leader. But mission is more important for him then you are. XO is insane. But good natured man. Personally I try to stay clear of captain and when I need to report something or talk with our glorious leadership I go to XO Howler. Not only he is more .... nice, his assisstant Greg will also make you a tea. Always. And it is one fine tea!"

Licking at her teeth, the Helashio speculated, "He spikes it, I think."

Warrior looked to her side at the young helashio. She extended her larger hand for handshake. "I am Bastion by the way." She said.

The helashio looked at the hand, going still as she considered taking it. Finally, she did, although she made sure not to grip too hard - in case there was some sort of retaliation. "Four Six. Most people just call me Scout."

Bastion grip was nto very strong. It was certainly not cold fisht, but it was not exactly firm. As if the tall warrior woman was afraid to tighten the grip too much.

Keib strode into the exercise room with Greg in tow. He looked at one of the mirrors in the wall and realised that his previous outburst had left his hair on edge. He licked his palm and straightened it with a wry smile before turning his attention to his soldiers, "Ah, Four Six, Bastion, how are you two doing?" He was wearing a t-shirt with a picture of a man with sideburns on it, and the words 'Phoenix Man!' beneath it.

Four Six stood up and saluted, fluidly, but short of crisp and so did Bastion. "Sir." They both said.

"At ease, Soldiers," He said casually. Greg gave the two soldiers a wave, "So, killing time?" He and the others could hear the sound of a punching bag being attacked in the exercise room. Keib looked over to the other corner of the room and found another soldier. Fyuunen, the one with the temper problem. "Ah, Al'ris, glad of you to-" Keib was greeted by a flying punching bag. He sidestepped to avoid it and it landed some distance behind him in a heap. He stopped talking and just smiled at the Fyuunen warrior woman.

"Another?" Bastion said, stood up and picked up the punching bag or what was left of it with one hand. "If you keep at it like this Bomber, there will be no punching bags left." The taller of the two fyunnens frowned. Four Six, momentarily out of the limelight, crossed her arms and curled her tail around her stomach, going still as she watched. It didn't seem like nerves - it was just a sort of calm.

It was more or less the stance of most helashio, most of the time; surrounded by much larger soldiers, it was better just to fade.

"Those cost money too." Keib addressed the warcost money, you know." Keib addressed the warrior woman sternly. Al'ris, AKA: The Bomber looked at the remains of the punching bag and shrugged at the smaller New Tur'Lista she had to serve under.

"Aww fucking hell not again!" Came a shout from across the compartment, standing in the threshold and clearly the source of the shout was a burly Lmanel named Yar'mak. His short but powerful stocky form nearly filling the door way as he stepped in, a chomped cigar hanging from one side of his jaw and a sizable incisor showing from the other. Both of his angry eyes where fixed on the shredded excercise equipment... his responisiblity... "BOMBER I'M GONNA KICK YUR ASS!"

"Greg, popcorn. This is gonna be good." Keib said before finding somewhere to sit and rubbing his legs with a grin.

Bastion put her hand on the Helashio's shoulder softly. "You better step aside." She said and did so herself. If the Bomber and the Hound wanted to handle this with fists, they can.

But Four Six's shoulder felt rigid; she didn't shake, but she was definately focused. Her tail was moving slightly against her midriff, snaking itself in something akin to agitation.

"Try not to knock out too many teeth, or I'll have to hire a dedicated dentist!" Keib hollered, before being passed some popcorn, "Thank you Greg." Greg had a box for himself too.

The Bomber threw the first punch, naturally. A heavy-handed, overbalanced overhand chop and a yowl.

Her blow would strike home, thudding into densely packed muscle. Yar'mak however showed little sign of it having an effect, closing the distance for his favorite method of fighting: The grapple. The Bomber was easily grappled, but started using her elbows to hit the shorter Llmanel's head and shoulders, trying to push him against a wall while she was at it.

Each blow sent stars across the angry Lmanel's vision, although his anger drowned out most of the pain as he tried to lift her into the air, wanting to throw her to the ground. Her overbearing misbalance in the heat of the fight had given the Llmanel a decent enough leverage to hurl her down. Onto her ass she went - bam, thud. The room shook just a little bit.

"Get up ya tall fuck!" Yar'mak shouted, slamming one of his feet into her fallen body. "We ain't done yet!" She replied by sweeping her leg to his as he was about to put his slamming foot down, giving her an opening to kick him in the legs. She then got back onto her feet, knuckles cracking.

Keib sighed as he watched the fight and looked over to Bastion, "Like seals fighting over a grape." He commented.

He dropped to the ground with a loud thud even as she got to her feet, even angrier now as he started to recover, spouting various curses about the Fyunnen's ancestors.

Nearby Keib's elbow, beneath the direct line of conversation - or perhaps not so much, since her ears were perked as far as they'd go, Four Six asked, "What rank are they?"

"Well," Keib pointed out as Al'ris smashed the Hound in the ribs, "Al'ris is a Trooper. Has been since she got here. Poor habit of not dying despite... well, you know." Crunch! "The Hound is a just a Soldier. Better at not dying, but the Higher Ups won't let me hand out a promotion."

Yar'mak grunted as he managed to get some leverage, launching himself at the Fyunnen again, catching her in the midsection and sending them both smashing into the nearest piece of exercise machinery.

Tilting her head up, but not taking her eyes away from the brawl, Four Six continued, "Why?"

"Don't know. They're stingy, the Higher Ups, couldn't give a rat's arse about this ship or the people on it." He then saw where the brawl was heading and frowned, "Hold that thought." He raised a hand and extricated the two fighters from the smashed weights rack with the power of his mind. He held them apart and yelled: "Alright, you know the rule. Property damage means neither of you win." Al'ris seemed annoyed at this, and kept swinging her fists, "Calm. Down." The executive officer commanded.

She did. Somehow. Simple minds are easily swayed, even in bloodlust. The Lmanel had... for the same reason stopped... mid swing holdhing his massive fist in mid air.

That was when Al'ris found a small Helashio soldier in front of her, bristling. Well, as much as a thing with slicked-back hair could bristle. It was the way her tail was moving that gave the impression. Before, Four Six had been as still as a statue; now even standing still she gave off the vibe of movement. She was resonating, practically.

"That's not how you do it. Go on. Hit me."

"What?" Both Keib and Al'ris asked simultaneously, caught off guard.

"Shhh," Bastion said. She had noticed the change of posture on the helashio. "Just watch them XO. I have a feeling you are going ot see something interesting." At least if Bastion read Four's body language right. Greg passed her its box of popcorn, which Bastion politely declined with raised palm.

Keib gave Al'ris a nod to continue. She threw a punch.

The Helashio stepped forward, under the strike - or rather, forward and slightly to the side. She hadn't deflected it, but her opposite arm was suddenly there, forearm striking, palm flat and to the sky.

"Like this," she said as she swung her stance, spinning almost like a dancer around the larger combatant's outside, "And you grab their arm like so!" she said as she did it, quicker than Keib's surprised blink. Four's left heel met the inside of Al'ris's knee, "then hit where it hurts."

Snake-quick, the helashio's tail snapped for balance to offset her heavier strike and maintain her own footing, but it was practiced, one movement to the next. "Twist like so, and..." Continuing her spin, the helashio threw her opponent down - but not quite.

She held onto Al'ris's arm, and stopped her moments before an impact. A head impact.

With all the fluidity in the world, she stepped over the arm, leaned on the palm, and twisted it.

"Now, tap or I break it."

Yar'mak just stood dumbstruck by what he couldn't believe, his cigar falling to the ground as he just watched. Unable to comprehend that a Fyunnen he'd spent most of his time on this ship fighting got bested by a helashio.

Who sent me this? Keib pondered beside the Captain, Such skill and grace. They only teach that to... "I'd tap out if I were you. I don't want to strain the only doctor on ship more than we have to."

Al'ris tapped out and managed to muster a single, dumbly appropriate sentence: "I just had my arse handed to me by a Helashio - but... I'm not mad. Not mad at all." She jellyfished out on the mat, physically and mentally defeated.

Four Six paused to rub her ear against her head with her palm, as if she were having some sort of trouble, or massaging away a headache as she looked at the floored woman. But whatever troubled Four quickly passed. She glanced to Keib warily before offering her hand down to the much larger Trooper, who accepted the hand up.

"I'm sorry," Four Six said, tail flicking back and forth, curling at the end, coiling and uncoiling electrically, "I'll show you how if you want."

Bastion chucled and moved back toward the group. She gave a pat at Al'ris's shoulder. "Very nice," she said and smiled more. "Finally a member of infantry I won't have to teach how to fight." She said and laughed more, sitting on one of the benches. "Remember this next tome I'll ask if you want to do some hand-to-hand training Al'ris."

Keib rubbed his head in reflection and concern. This avenue he'd decided to pursue might've been more trouble than it was worth - maybe deadly trouble. Still, the truth was out there. This is a curious development. She's clearly worth her salt as a Cadet with a move like that.

"Okay, time out, I think we all need a rest. Greg, tea, all of us, extra sugar for me."

21st of September, YE34

When Bastion came back into her room after the shower, she found it had gained another occupant.

She was in the sleeping space nearest Bastion's. Kicked back, her uniform unbuttoned to reveal not only the collar but also a pair of dog tags, Four Six was apparently napping peacefully, sprawled out over her sheets and stretched flat. She might not have touched either end of the bed if she'd tried, but she looked perfectly at home.

There was something to be said for the guns - because there were three of them hanging out on the nearest desk, near what looked like a regular military duffel that hadn't been unpacked yet. They were 'Hand Cannons', looking either well cared for, or brand new. Likely, the helashio wore them criss-crossed.

There was a shotgun leaned up against the chair, too, with a shoulder strap. Beyond that, there existed nothing on the desk to remind of anything much; no pictures, no little knick-nacks or memorabilia. Just an empty desk, and three small arms.

Bastion raised an eyebrow as her room was suddenly much fuller. All she wore was a large bath-towel. And a smaller towel on her head. The woman had to hold the towel so her feature won't get out. Lyria her personal slave sat on edge of the bed next to Mortimer sleeping next to her, laying on its back, all four paws in the air. Bastion knew that if it would not be sleeping it would be welcoming her back. Lyria looked at Four-Six and then back to Bastion and shrugged.

Bastion moved to one of the desks and sat down quietly on the chair putting one leg over the another. She started drying her red-coloured hair and looked at the sleeping Four Six. It seemed that the tall fyunnen just acquired a bunk-mate. She shook her head and smiled.

"I think she's confused," Four Six interrupted, leaning up slightly off her hands and opening her eyes. "I mean, I am sorry if you had this room for yourself, and her. I just don't like living alone, so I thought it might be OK. I didn't really know there was anyone else here. Aside from you, I mean."

Bastion chuckled a little and looked at the storage cabinets opened and Bastion's clother in it. No one had such a long pants on the ship. There was no way that Four did not know that this room was Bastion's. At least that is what the tall lorath assumed. She did not mind it at all though. Bastion had already Lyria here so another one won't be a problem. Unless Four would snore, but Bastion thhought that won't be a problem.

"Well make yourselves at home," Bastion said, finishing with her hair and giving the towel to Lyria who meanwhile stood. Lyria put the towel on hanger to dry off and took part of boyshorts, bringing them to Bastion. Four Six settled back down, apparently taking Bastion's suggestion at face value.

"I couldn't get her to talk to me," Four Six confided. It was a question with a sort of hook on it; the pause afterwards was thick with a sort of anticipation. Four had her hands on her own collar, and was gently moving it around and around her neck, figiting with it.

Lyria shivered a little, looking at Four, but then quickly doing few fast steps and giving the short to Bastion. "She is very shy," The lorath woman said simply. She was sure she knew what had happened. Four had walked in and Lyria had backpaddeled to the corner of the room with a scared look on her face. Poor helashio slave was not happy when she saw people she had not meet before.

Bastion sighed and pulled the boyshort on under the towel. "She is indeed my slave," she siad and stood up. "I got her as a gift. I am no real fan of slavery to tell the truth, but I grew fond of her. Lyria." Bastion said, turning to her slave at the end of the sentence. "This is Four Six," Bastion said poining to the white Helashio. "It seems she will be living with us now so treat her well. You have nothing to be afraid from her." The tall lorath explained.

Lyria turned to Four Six, looking at the helashio for few seconds. She then bowed slightly and moved back to stand behind Bastion as if she was still a little scared. "Greetins," she said quietly, soft and scared. She then picked Bastion's towel and pulled it away. The tall lorath generaous cleavage was now free. It seemed Bastion only hid the important bits in front of others. Soldiers ussualy don't tend to be shy after all.

On the bed, Four had closed her eyes - but not from any sense of modesty. They were soldiers. The baths were entirely open and frankly anyone who cared about that sort of thing anymore was prudish; no, it had been Bastion's words that had given Four pause. They rattled around in her head, striking little chords here and there, and they made Four uneasy - a change reflected in her expression as she tried to grasp onto whatever it was that was bothering her. And, interestingly enough, that reflected in her tail - which curled around her midsection, requiring her to arch a little bit for the space.

Afterwards she settled one ankle over the other and said, "Greetins. It's OK if you don't want to talk to me. I'll leave you alone."

"Why are you nervous?" Bastion suddenly stepped in, before Lyria could answer. The tall Lorath sat on the chair obvisouly not toing to dress into any shirt or bra. The reason was not flashing anyone, it was simply because she wanted to have wings free for a bit. Lyria meanwhile took a little brush and started grooming the wings which, Bastion spread out. Her winger were much larger then on normal Lorath. If child Lorath had her wings, it could most like fly.

"It is just," Bastion continued, looking at Four. "That every time you are nervous, scared or insecure you wrap your tail around your belly. I noticed it in the exercise room already. Why are you nervous now? Do you feel threatened by me?"

"No," Four answered, but after a scarce second's thought she said, "Yes. Maybe. I don't really mean anything by it. I don't know, really."

Bastion simply shrugged. "That is fine." She said and wiggled her body a little to give Lyria better access to her wings. "I am a Lorath. Fyunnen even and big one too. I am threatening person I got used to it. Not to mention you are a helashio. Most helashio are not... comfortable being around people like me. It will be like this until your people will be finally free."

Four folded her arms over her eyes. "That's not quite it. I just feel odd about it and I don't want to explain it. Can't we talk about something else?"

Bastion smiled softly. "We can talk about whatever you wish." She said. Mortimer meanwhile woke up looking around. His eyes studied the new person that sat in his bed. His bed. Standing up on all four he slowly make his way to Four. His tongue hang out. "I hope you do not mind dogs." Bastion said as the doggie was approaching the white-skinned helashio.

Lifting an arm off of her eyes just enough she could see the dog approaching, Four frowned. But she put her hand out to the dog anyway, her fingers curling slightly, tail writhing just a little bit. She was getting a very strange, oddly disconnected feeling - a sort of de ja vu, or maybe vertigo. It was more than uncomfortable. "This one, maybe."

Mortimer sniffed the offred hands for several seconds. She them moved forward and push his had against it. He wanted to be scratched it seems. "Well it seems he likes you." Bastion said. "That is his way of saying hello."

Four folded her hand around the dog's nose for a second, and when it snuffed at her she smiled. "I suppose I like dogs. Or maybe animals. I've never seen one of these before." Four ended by scratching Mortimer roughly in the area of his ears, easing her other arm down over her stomach as she did so, idly rubbing a spot near her lower abdomen, just above where her tail had curled. "He's sweet."

Mortimer tilted his head to the side accepting the scratching graciously. King letting his new servant do his biddings. After several seconds he moved close and fell on the bed, laying on the side, pressing his back against Four's leg.

"Sweet and lazy," Bastion said and chuckled. She loved her dog, he was good friend. "This is race from Nepleslia. It is called bulldog. His name is Mortimer by the way. Lazy little sod."

"I had a pet once," Four decided, though she didn't sound particularly convinced of the validity of it. She'd found a thread and reached for it, but it seemed to still be beyond her grasp. Rather than being eased by the dog, it seemed it had put Four on edge in spite of her easy manner and smile. The white irises of her eyes seemed foggy.

The dog did not seem to care as he lifted two of his paws on the side urging the woman to give him belly rub. For him that was whole reason for her existence right now. Dogs have it simple.

"What kind of pet?" Bastion asked and cooed a little, as Lyria just got to the upper parts of her right wing. A place she really liked brushed.

Four stared at the ceiling, folding her hands over her stomach and wearing a look that didn't just appear troubled, it defined it with references. "I don't know."

Bastion frowned a little. "You don't know?" She asked waiting for Four's response, which could say if the tall lorath's suspicion was true or not. Mortimer on theo ther hand raised hi head looking at the Helashio, who did not rub his belly for some strange reason unknown to him.

Four Six tried sounding detached and away from the fact. "I don't remember."

Bastion was happy to not get the answer she feared. She could never stomach when some Lorath masters erased memory of their slaves. It was unbearable to her. If you erase someone's memory it is very close to killing that person. Much of the personality is made out of your memories after all. Bastion just hoped that Four really just did not remember.

"Well feel free to play with Mortimer as much as you want," Bastion said, trying to cheer the Helashio up. Mortimer seeing that the girl was somewhat unhappy using the good old empathy many animals moved closer and put his paw on the girls lap.

The white helashio looked down and eventually picked the dog up, settling it gently over her chest and giving it some of the attention it had been craving. Her hands found their way to the dog's sensitive tummy, and just beneath its arms, easily enough. But it didn't do much to dispel Four's mood, or put the smile back on her face.

Bastion smiled a little as her doggie tried to cheer the little helashio up. Lyria meanwhile finished with her first wing and moved to the next. "Do you have anyother name then Four Six?" Bastion then asked out of the blue.

"Four Six," Four Six echoed, ironically.

But there it was again; that feeling of standing at the edge of a cliff and staring off into the abyss where her memory should have been. Yes, she did have a name. But it was as though she'd forgotten keys; it was right there plain in front of her face, and she couldn't see it. Was it even really there or was it gone forever?

It made her feel so helpless. She closed her eyes to try and remember. The collar was off, she should maybe remember. Kieb had said the brain was a resiliant thing and there was nothing stopping her from remembering anymore. And she tried, really hard, pulling a knee up as she held the dog and squeezed her tail around her middle.

When she finally opened her eyes again she felt a little unsteady. "I don't really remember my other one."

Bastion sighed and leaned forward looking into girls emotionless face. She really was like as statue when she wanted. "Someone erased parts of your memory didn't they?" She said softly, with compassion in her voice.

Suddenly, Four Six sat up, displacing the dog as gently as she could under the circumstances - but it was quick. The helashio crossed her legs and settled the dog in her lap instead, scooting a little bit away from Bastion as she did so. Then she tried to relax her tail; it was too obvious of a tell, and it was beginning to hurt her wound. So she eased up.

"Yes. I came onboard and I collapsed. The Executive Officer disconnected my collar but couldn't tell me anything. And it's really hard to remember anything. Like, I can kind of feel it but it's just not there anymore when I want it." Four managed a sudden laugh, edgy and peppered with short, sharp sounds that bordered on barking. Suddenly it was kind of funny to her. Morbidly funny. "I guess I shouldn't have asked that Trooper to hit me. I could have been really laid out. I just... sort of saw it and I remembered. I really didn't know if I would."

Bastion raised her hand to show Lyria that was enough and stood up. She walked to the edge of the bed. "That is a good thing," she said with soft and kind smile. "It means that your body remembers. That all those memories are probably still there." Her body then shifhted sideway moving into combat stance. Left leg littl up fron, knee rotated inwards so no one could trip her. She stood sideways to the invisibile enemy. One hand in fron of her chest ready to parry or strike any attack while other was in front of her chest to block and strike against her head. She could move forward and backwars anytime at her wish.

"Body remembers," she said. "It remembers everything!" Suddenly she shifted weight, staning on the front leg while the other leg kicked up front. It was very fast move and in a blink of any eye her feet was in the height her head ussualy is. A textbook high kick, not an easy move, but also not special at all. It was little uncomfortable now with her bare chest, but it seemed she did not mind.

Looking down at Mortimer, patting him on the head, Four said, "Yes. I couldn't sit still when I saw them fighting. I knew what to do so I got a little excited. But the rest of it I just don't know anything about. It bothers me a lot. I only told you because I want to try to trust someone with it. I had to tell. I thought you'd be as good as anyone."

Four glanced to the other Helashio in the room, and tried to meet her eyes - white, outlined by only a little bit of gray, and such dark pupils. Lyria's own pupil-less eyes were red. She met Four's glance and was able to take it for few seconds before shyli looking away, folding her arms in her lap. She still held the brush. When Four realized Lyria couldn't look her in the eye, she sat back and fiddled with the leather-backed metal band around her neck. "I just have a really bad feeling and I don't want to sleep in a room by myself anymore. You don't have to let me."

Bastion nodded and slowly put her leg down on the groun. She had perfect balance and moved back into relaxed stance. She decided it would be nice to change to mood. "Well it is good to get the load of your chest." She said and turned towards the Helashio and grabbing her 'load'. "If you know what I mean." She added and chuckled slightly

Her enormousy body then moved and sat at the side of the bed, her wings foldin on her backs. "Fact is, that everyone has something to share." She said and turned her way towards Four. "And sharing it helps. I am glad you told and do not worry. We have enough room for one more in this bed." Bastion once again showed that kind smile of hers.

""Thank you," Four said, settling back down and setting Mortimer off near the edge of the rack, towards the floor. "I'll try not to stink up the place."

"I would like that," Bastion said and grinned she moved closer to Four, sitting next to her. Her hand landed on the girls shoulder in easing gesture. "We who live in this room bathe daily. Except Mortimer, but he is very clean doggie so that was okay."

Mortimer true to the way animals worked found that this moment was just right to clean his umentionables as he was spread on the floor. As if he knew that they were talking about him, he raised his head, looked at the Helashio and the large fyunnen and then went back to his bussiness.

Four quite actively didn't stare; she actually had to look away after a couple of seconds. In the end, she flopped back on the bed and said, "I just didn't know if you thought we stink or don't bathe. It's not really true."

Bastion leaned back and layed on the bed next to Four. She looked at the ceiling. "Well why would I think that?" She asked and grinned a little.

"You know. All sorts of rumors about my people. How we don't wash. It's been going around the fleet for..."

Four froze up for a second, surprised with herself, then snapped her teeth together a couple of times. They clicked. "...A long time. I remember on the... on somewhere, that was why we were quartered differently. Because they said we stank and wouldn't put us with the castes."

Upon this Bastion looked to the side and closed to the girl. She ran her nose from the girls shoulder to her neck and going back and layint down. "You smell fine," she said simply.

A couple moments later Four rolled her head on the pallet and looked at Bastion. A bit of a grin started around the edge of her lip.

"I just bathed. Are you happier naked or something? I would loan you my uniform jacket but I think it might not fit. This is kind of strange, anyway."

Bastion smiled and folded her arms on her chest as a feeble attempt to hide her curves. "As a matter of fact I am happier this way. Not that I want my hooters to stare at you like that, but it is just more comfortable have your wings be free. Shirts and jackets are annoying and I don't have anything without back. Does my body bothers you?"

"Naked people don't," Four stated, folding her own arms and scooting away a bit, which she didn't like exactly. It took her out of the warm indentation she'd made for herself in the pit bed. "It's just... weird. I'm not..."

She caught, almost against her own will, sight of Lyria standing by watching them on the other side of the room, and felt something twang inside of her, almost violently. Something shadowy and half-remembered, not breaking the surface, but causing ripples in the water.

"If you... do things... with her. I don't care. But I don't..."

Bastion chuckled a little more and put her hands behind her head and kept staring up. "You are not any kind of slave," she then said in bossy tone, but changed back into her softer, kinder voice she used more often. "And I am not interested in you in that way. I just met you. I don't go aroundy trying to have sex with everyone you know. Sex is kinda personal thing. And don't worry if I and Lyria will do something you won't be in the room." She explaind.

The black haired helashio meanwhile went and put away the brush. She then looked at Four. The slave seemed curious suddenly as she watched the free helashio. "You.... "she suddenly said, speakaing on her own for first time today. "Don't like to... do things miss Six?"

Slowly, Four's tail uncurled, and she seemed to bristle. Reacting to some unspoken queue, Lyria stepped away from girl, afraid to get hit. They were eying each other, frozen in little bits of time, equally wary and even a little terrified of each other. Eventually, Four Six said, "Please don't call me 'miss'."

Lyria gave the other helashio a nod, looking downwards. "How shall I call you then?" Lyria asked. She was clearly nervous.

Before Four could answer, Bastion who was just watching up until now sat up. "I am sorry," she said and sighed, looking at Lyria. "I try to get her to be her own person, but she does not want to. Being slaved is programmed in her mind Four."

"I'm sorry, I just can't..." Four tried to explain, sitting up and pulling a knee close. She curled her tail around, smoothing the sheet behind it. She reached up and, tentatively, rubbed her ears against her head, once again trying - impossibly - to warm her brain. Four had no idea why she believed it, but it seemed like a habit as old as her c'tarl fighting. "Well, I don't remember. It just makes me uncomfortable."

Bastion remained calm sitting on the bed, whil Lyria moved away from Four as possible. "You have right to be angry." Bastion repeated after her and nodded her head. "Good, get angry. Just don't let that anger control you. Or you will stop being you and start being just a savage beast." Bastion knew fyunnen who let themselves be controlled by angers. Berserkerish brutes like Bomber. She hated them. Anger is something you call upon to give you strengths, not something that controls you.

That seemed to poke some holes in Four; she released her ears, although her hands hovered just a little. A savage. She looked up at the much bigger Lorath. Really looked at her, and something inside Four kind of quailed instinctively. Warning bells and klaxons were going off somewhere in the depths of her memory, too dark to see, but clear enough to hear.

It was her body that told her where she was coming from, or perhaps where she was going. This wasn't the way a person in the military acted. Even afraid.

And that's what it was. She recognized it now; a fear that was stealing up on her and making it impossible to breathe.

Four Six mewled, "I'm not a savage, or a beast. I only wanted to take a nap."

"I can leave if you want some more sleep." Bastion said simply and stood up walking off the bed towards her locker, reaching in and taking out an undershirt. "You seem like you want to be alone rather anyway. Mess does not sound like place where you would be Alone. I'll leave with Lyria and you can stay here with Mortimer. What do you say?"

"I don't want to be alone, either." Four had managed to squeeze the words out past the closing gap in her throat. Her mouth felt dry. "But if you go could you bring me back some Ruu'va? I know the mess has alcohol, and it's... I, well. Need a drink."

Bastion looked at Lyria and nodded. The raven-haired Helashio quickly put simple shoes on her feet and left the room. Bastion put on the overshirt, fighting with it for a while while she was putting wings inside their holes. She ussualy had helpt with it.

"Damn," she said and gritted her teeth. "This is why I prefer to be naked. Little help please?" She asked Four as the one who would normally do it just left to get booze.

Four Six stared for a moment before glancing around the room. Eventually she settled on the chair she had passed over earlier when she'd come in, and decided on using it. Disentangling herself from the alluring depths of the pit bed, Four grabbed the flimsy thing, scootched it over, stepped up on it, and set about somewhat clumsily positioning Bastion's shirt holes.

"I'll apologize to her," Four decided, "Or do you think I should just not talk to her anymore?"

"Thank you," Bastion said, happy for the service. Her wing were now in the undershirt and she pulled it over her head and down, finally covering her chest. The tall fyunnene sighed and turned around to face Four, who was, for once, face-level. "Well do you think it would solve anything?" She asked and folded her arms on her chest.

"Not a thing," Four vouchsafed, but the admission caused her tail to start curling back around her waist again. "She's your slave. I guess... it really doesn't matter if she likes me or not."

The red-head let out another sigh. "She certainly is my slave....." she said, but it sounded as if she herself was not that happy about it. "Call me naive, but I like to think of her as a friend too. I don't tell her to do most of the stuff she does. She just does it and I think most of it makes her happy. I found out what she hated to do and made sure to do that myself. Aren't I a weird Lorath?"

"Huge."

"Ha. Ha. Ha." Said Bastion and sarcasm pracitally poured out of it. "You are not so small yourself!" She then said and poked Four in her right boob softly.

Four covered herself, nearly stumbling off the chair by automatically stepping backwards. She caught her balance fairly quickly though. "Not what I meant."

The fyunnen laughed loud. "I knew what you meant." She said, she would not let Four fall, but she was sure her help would not be needed. "I am teasing you. You should smile more."

Four Six stepped down from the chair, pushed it back in, and then stood with her hands clasped behind herself. She did smile. It looked impish. "Sorry, just don't crush me offhandedly, please!"

"You don't have to worry about that." The voice ringed through the room. Four looked much better when she smiled, Bastion could see that clear as day. It would be nice if the girl would worry less about thing. Serious things tended to stay on mind though. "I am quite careful with my strength."

"Does she drink?" Four asked suddenly, relaxing her smiling muscles for a bit to substitute a more polite expression. Her small nostrils flared, just slightly.

Bastion replied with a nod. "She indeed does," she said and moved back sit on the bed, right next to Mortimer who was sleeping again. Her hand stroke fur on his back and the doggie puffed happily. "She also tells stories and talks with me. She is just afraid of you for some reason."

Turning the chair around, Four slumped into it and leaned forward on her elbows, finally shrugging off the jacket she'd been wearing. It was cold in the room, but not too cold, and for some reason having it around her shoulders was now bothering Four. "I don't blame her. If I were her, I'd be scared of me. I am, anyway."

"She'll come around." Bastion replied. Her eyes looked up and connected with Four's. She looked into them for several seconds. "You have nothing to be afraid of now. You are now part of crew. This ship might be a failship, but the crew hold together. And XO would never leave us hanging. And.... I am here for you now."

"Want a hug?" Four asked ironically, smiling in spite of herself, "Perhaps we'll hold hands and have a sing-along?"

She laughed again; that weird, helashio laugh, with a sort of high note edged in there somewhere. Then she rubbed at her nose and said, "Nah, I'm just joking. Thanks. I really mean it. For the room and everything. I mean, I just couldn't stand sleeping all alone in the dark again. I don't know why."

As a sort of afterthought, Four sat fiddling with the collar around her neck, turning it and turning it.

Bastion chuckled a little at the singalong comments, but when Four thanked for the room and other things, she just gave her a nod. She could start talking about it again, but she wanted to take Four's mind off that all. "Well we will see about hugging and singalong after first bootle of boozer." She said and laughed out loud.

Her eyes then went to the collar. "Why don't you get rid of that thing." She asked with her soft voice. "It will help."

"You know it's kind of stupid for me to wear it I guess," Four admitted, touching the back of her neck idly just to see if the bleeding had stopped yet. It had. "But I can't shake the feeling it's got my life in it. I can't bring myself to throw it away."

"Then you should at least stow it away," Bastion said. She understood why the girl could not just go and throw it away. It is the same as Bastion could not leave the army, even though she hated her job and her assignment. "So you don't have to look at it all the time."

Four looked down at her hands. She clasp them together. "I should. I'm just not ready to do that yet though."

Before Bastion could say anything back the doors open and Liria returned. She had four bottles of Ruu'va. Two in hadns and two under her arms. Bastion smiled and quickly stood up, taking two bottles from under the girls arm to ease her burden.

"There we go," she said and smileed, putting the bottles on the table. Liria meanwhile put one bottle on the table and slowly came to Four with the seconds. She held it in both hands as some sort of holy grail, presenting it to the other Helashio.

Four Six accepted it graciously.

Then, completely ruining the illusion of form, she pulled the stopper out with her teeth and sniffed at the neck. She went stark still - apparently some sort of natural response - and then sighed and took a drink straight from the bottle. It left a faint pinkish smear on her lips, and on her arm when she wiped them off. She took a good breath, coughing a little to ease the burn.

Then, she offered it to Lyria.

Liria looked at the offered bottle, then at Four, then back the bottle. "Thank you," she said very softly and took the bottle into her hands. She them took a small sip, swallowing the alcohol, but Four snuck a hand beneath the bottom of the bottle and, smiling her silver-eyed impish smile, tilted it back up.

Bastion meanwhile sit on the other chair and took bottle of her own, opening it wit her hands and taking a big swig. Mortimer woke up too by the sudden presence of all the people. He did not seem to be pet right now so he stood up and walked to the doors. His paw scratched at the door and he looked at his owner.

"Well," Bastion said and stood up. "Mortimer needs to go. I will be right back, have fun here meanwhile girls." She said and walked out of the room with the dog.

Liria gave Four a shy smile, but ti did not seem she had anything to say on her own.

Accepting the liquor back, Four sniffed a bit. It was apology time.

"I'm sorry. It's just I've lost everything. They took away everything from me. I don't even know what I lost, so I don't mean to be mean. I don't not like you."

Liria sat at the chair, Bastion just left and folded her hands in her lap. She sat properly, back staight as a ruler. "That is fine....Four." Liria said, being brave enough to say the other girls name now. "I... am here to help if you need. That is what I do. Help. If it helps you to shout at me, than that is fine." This woman was indeed slave, she might have been a little looser then tohers, but she was still a slave, which was so easy to see for Four Six.

Four Six gave her the bottle back, offering it with one hand across the room, silver eyes glittering with the cousin of memory. It wasn't a memory, exactly; more like an imprint that had left itself on Four's soul. The brain was a tricky thing, but Four was fairly confident she could remember this. And it might be a good way to bridge the gap that had inadvertantly been torn between the two of them.

"I want to teach you c'tarl."

Liria blinked a few times and looked at the white-haired girl. She then took the bottle and drunk a little from it. "If that is your wish," she said and gave Four a nod. "If Miss Mars won't be against it."

Leaving Liria her own bottle, Four bit the stopper off the next, leaned back against the lip of the desk, swung a leg over the low back of the chair, and said, "But, do you want to learn?"

Liria looked at the bottle and it seemed she was deep in thought. "I don't know," she said. "I think miss Mars would like it, but I never really fought anyone. I am too cowardly for that... also what if miss Mars sent me away? Not many masters wants slave that knows how to fight."

Four, cradling the bottle, rolling it between her hands, said, "I guess you're right. I just think that if I can remember this, I can remember other things."

Liria looked up and looked around as if someone could watch them. "We could.... do it as an exercise. To... keep fit?" She said and then drank a little of liquor again.

"Shure," Four said, smoothing her already slicked-back hair and smiling. "I need a partner who isn't double my size."

Liria's white cheeks started getting red with all the ingested alcohol. Bastion was also not returning which was a little weird. Going with Mortimer could not take longer then few minutes. That meant she actually also went to take a walk around the ship with the dog. To give two Helashio some space. Why did she do that though?

"Well hopefully I am not too tall." Liria respondedn and smiled a little, taking another swig of the bottle.

"Ho-kay," Four Six decided, swinging her leg off the back of the chair and scooting it closer to Liria's. Face to face, Four offered her arm, and when Liria gave her a quizzical look, Four hooked their arms together, so they sat bottle-to-bottle, arm-in-arm.

"It's a deal. On three, we chug. Ready? One, two..."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Bastion took her time. She found herself enjoying her walk, after all it has been some time since she had time to take Morti out. The tall lorath watched the little doggie walking through halls sniffing around. He was taught not to pee except for a few exact points on the ship. It was not easy training him. Keib had found that hilarious at the time, while the Captain probably wanted to roast the dog and then eat him. But it all worked out in the end.

Bastion herself liked these walks every now and then. It helped her think and now she could also use that time to let Liria and Four to get used to each other. There was possibility that she might come back to Liria huddling in corner shivering with fear, but Bastion found that un-probable. Knowing her little servant, she would learn to like Four. And Four? Four needed any friend she could get. Bastion decided to try to be one, but in the end Bastion was Lorath. Four would need to be with someone of her own kind.

Bastion slowly walked back to her room. Standing before the doors she took a deep breath and opened them. Doors slid to the side with silent hiss and Bastion had to blink at what she saw. Lights had been dimmed a little, but Mars could see well enough. There were two empty bottles on the table and both girls inside were soundly asleep.

Four was laying on her side, silently sighing, deeply asleep. What was interesting how close she was to Liria who slept right next to her. Four her her head safely pressed under Liria's chin and Liria had her hand on the smaller girls shoulder. It seemed as if Four finally found a little safety, cuddled with the other Helashio.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back