• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

SACN [Private Communication] To Motoyoshi Tio from Shimizu Akina

Miyako

🎖️ Game Master
// Secure Encryption Active

//MSG: Text Only

//TO: Motoyoshi Tio

//FROM: Shimizu Akina

//Begin

Tio,

I'm sure you're not going to be happy with me shortly after you get this, so I wanted to talk to you before then. I was sad you didn't return home first to meet me, and hope that you'll make time for that sometime soon, or entertain me with a visit to Tokyo. I'm eager to see it still.

I want to see you, the most of all. We're a family, politics aside and I want you to know that I care about you very much.

We should talk about this, but please don't think your mother badly for it. I'm not very good in situations like this, but you needed to hear from me.

It will be easier to talk when we're face to face. Visit home soon, or something.

Love,
Me.
// END

Lilly said:

//Begin

Tio,

I'm sure you're not going to be happy with me shortly after you get this, so I wanted to talk to you before then. I was sad you didn't return home first to meet me, and hope that you'll make time for that sometime soon, or entertain me with a visit to Tokyo. I'm eager to see it still.

I want to see you, the most of all. We're a family, politics aside and I want you to know that I care about you very much.

We should talk about this, but please don't think your mother badly for it. I'm not very good in situations like this, but you needed to hear from me.

It will be easier to talk when we're face to face. Visit home soon, or something.

Love,
Me.
// END

To: Shimizu Akina

No, I would not say I am unhappy with you. I do not know you. I did not return to Yamatai because I did not feel I needed to be a party to what is going on there. I told Katsuko how I felt and I feel that is all that can be done there.

Kiyoko is dead, not that you know her, she didn't know herself, like me. She wore though, the same uniform you wear. As you have probably heard, I am not a fan of the military, that is moreso true now than ever.

My little sister is gone, because for some reason our nation cannot comprehend peace. I sat at that negotiation table for days, dealing mostly with antics on our own side. I successfully ensured the IAA was signed...My efforts at establishing Intergalactic Peace were wasted. A month later, the military is off blowing something else up.

If you want to come to Jiyuu, you are welcome to do so. I find it hard to think and write, my eyes hurt from crying.

Tio

//Begin

My presence at Halna meant I was not there when it happened. I'm sorry for her loss, but I will not talk about it until I come to see you.

I wanted to see her, in fact. I'll bring some incense for her, and try to talk to you about how I live in this uniform. Maybe you'll come to understand it a little better, but I want you to know we may not get to that the first time, there's more important things than that difference in our lives to talk about.

I'm going to stop at the Taiie nebula on the way, to give my goodbyes and respect to the ones I couldn't protect, but other than that I do not know when I'll arrive at Tokyo. I need to be with your mother right now, but if you'd still write to me I would like that, even if it is anger I can't fully agree with.

Love,
Me.
//END

To: Shimizu Akina

Your visit will have to wait until after the ratification of the UOC constitution. Our borders are currently closed with the exception of a few delegations that received clearance prior to our declaration of independence from Yamatai.

I will write later,

Tio

// Transmitting

//MSG: Text & Image

//Begin

Tio,

Your constitution is taking quite a long time, but I'm sure there's a good reason the borders are still closed. You've no doubt seen we're right across the border from you now, I'm very glad for the assignment. The staff I have assembled is a little strange, but they represent something I always care to see. You haven't written me in a long time, I just hope that means you're really busy.

I'm still planning to finish our engagement and get married, hopefully sooner than later as I don't think I can wait for the colony to be built to do this. If you can make special dispensation I would like to visit sometime after I finish some business here at the edge of my fleet's territory. I can come in an unarmed ship, of course...the official visit wouldn't mean as much as being able to see my family. I could come on Yamatai's behalf, if the Imperial Clan, and your government would allow it. My standing with my old brothers and sisters should be somewhere better than the Imperials after everything I've done? Other than this, I've promised myself not to talk of stately affairs with you, so forgive my brief idea?

Since we're separated, I've attached the pictures that were taken during my ultrasound so you can see them.

You're their big brother, that's what I want them to know most of all. I've picked I think one name, but I would love it if you could pick another for one of your baby sisters. The doctor says it won't be much longer, so please write me back about anything, anytime. If we can hookup a real time feed that would be all right, too. Did you ever learn to play an instrument? I can teach you if you haven't, someday. I have to get to the bridge now, but remember whatever happens you are a very brave person and that while I can't agree with everything you've done, I will be here when you want to talk and I want to know more about my son.

Love,
Me
Attch:sisters.img
//END

RPG-D RPGfix
Back