• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Miharu Prologue, Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Masako seemed to puzzle over what the Miharu had said to her. What does she mean by 'my experience'? I can't be that experienced with only three battles and two rescue missions under my belt. the young neko thought before sighing and scratching her left ear. "Yes, please," the young neko responded. The Mindy II modular functions would be best for me...considering the Mindy is my armor of choice, while land power armor operations would be good since we'll be carrying quite a few land-based armors. Masako deduced as the two files appeared on her datapad.

"I guess I'll head towards the wardroom now," she thought outloud as she stood up and stretched her body out. "Dinner should be soon and maybe I can ask Claymere-Juni a few questions after we eat." she mumbled as she exited her room and headed aftward.

"We chatted for a bit, and at first she seemed uneasy with me, but then she sort of settled in with the idea and even gave me a kiss on my forehead!"

Chigusa pointed to the spot.

"Right here."

On:

Yukari was a little unnerved by the well-endowed Yamataian technician they had miraculously retrieved. She had never heard of such a thing happening before ... but somehow, she was not surprised. The 5th Expeditionary Fleet was strange, if nothing else. But now, once again, she was going to Tom. She walked this time, pacing every step. I have not had time to think yet. I am not ready! She noticed Nyton and Mizuho looking as if they were going to talk, so she quietly stepped by them and back into the kitchen.

The sound and smell of sizzling tuna steaks greeted Yukari as soon as she entered. The table that Yukari had set now had a large salad bowl and a metal tray which held slices of garlic-buttered bread and some sort of diced tomato and mixed oils in a bowl.

Yukari had to smile a little, leaning against the door of the kitchen as it closed behind her. Tom always worked hard, and she did like that about him. He wanted his craft to be right, and she seemed to be good at disturbing him from that. She simply stood and watched.

Tom was oblivious to Yukari's presence at the moment, fixated on his cooking. He gingerly flipped the set of 8 steaks on the grilling rack with a set of tonges. "Lookin' good there..." A lot of steam was rising from the stove, and it was apparant on the sweating Yamataian's face.

A blush touched Yukari's cheeks. She had thought Corro was "manly" because of his demeanor. But Tom was proving himself more the man just by effort alone. The sweat ... Yukari shook her head. I am not thinking!

Tom turned away from the steam and the stove, bringing a sleeved arm up to wipe his forehead. "Whew! Oh! Hello ma'am!" He wanted to check his watch. It had seemed only 15 or so minutes ago since Mara rudely interrupted their 'moment.'

Yukari, on instinct, bowed a little. It felt awkward, but she did not know what else to do. "Do not mind me ... I am just watching."

"Don't do that, ma'am," Tom said with a deep bow. "I should be bowing to you. Standard protocol, right?" He returned to his standing position with a wink. "I thought you were going to your quarters?"

"Officers may still bow to those of lower ranks, as a sign of respect." Yukari did not leave the doorway. She did not want to admit she went immediately to Kotori after wringing her mind over Tom's emotions. "I was called to talk to a new crewmember we did not find out about until recently."

"A new crewmember at this time?" Tom asked with a raised eyebrow. "At a time like this? How strange." He walked to a refrigerator and pulled out a can of juice concentrate. "I take it things are OK?"

"It will be fine. She was cleared to come aboard, and we have not left the station." She will repay this kindess somehow, Yukari muttered in her head. "How is dinner?"

"Fan-TASTIC," Tom exclaimed proudly, extending his hand to motion out to the table. "Did you see my newest creation over there?"

"I did, but I do not understand all of what it is." Yukari walked to the table, taking in the strong smells of garlic and oils.

"It's my own personal variation on Bruschetta," Tom said from the kitchen. "Instead of using plain bread, I've decided to add the taste of garlic to it. I hope you don't mind."

Bruschetta? Yukari quickly looked the term up from Miharu's stores -- Oh! "I do not mind at all, Heisho-san. It smells delightful!"

"Go ahead and try one," Tom said. "Nobody's looking. Just grab a slice of the bread, use the spoon in the bowl to spread some of the mix on it and take a big ol' bite!"

"Ah ... yes." Yukari took a piece of the bread -- it was warm -- and dipped it into the mix. She took a bite and mmmmmed; she was not used to the texture of oil, but it tasted wonderful, and made everything easier to eat. She looked over to Tom, a bit of oil on her lips. "It is very good!"

"You flatter me." Tom turned the stove down a few levels and walked out of the kitchen, wringing his hands with a towel. "Oh, ma'am. You have a spot on your lip there."

"Eh?" Yukari licked her lips slowly with her tongue, eyes looking down toward her mouth.

"There ya go," Tom sat next to where Yukari stood, resting on an open spot on the table. "Is it your first time trying bruschetta?"

"Ah, yes," Yukari said, munching idly on another bite. She was trying not to focus on how Tom looked.

Tom grinned and gave Yukari the thumbs up. "Given how well the cooking has been so far, Mara could've spared us at least 8 minutes."

Yukari's eyes fell to the floor. She swallowed, laughed a little nervously, and realized she had oil on her lips again. She licked it off.

Tom picked up on her emotion rather quickly. "If I may borrow one of your terms, ma'am... was I a bit too forward in my actions?"

"No," Yukari said quickly. She then looked up. "I ... must become accustomed to them. That is all."

"I'm sure I'm like a bulldozer in a rice field sometimes," Tom said, grabbing a piece of bread himself and putting some of the topping on it. "I'm surprised I haven't accidentally mortified you to death yet!"

"You have done no such thing," Yukari said quietly, but firmly. "I am not intimate with love and other strong emotions. No more."

"Mmm..." Tom crunched on the bread and chewed it thoughtfully.

The silence hung in the air.

" ... " Yukari felt awkward. She did not know what to say. She finished her brushchetta, licking as much of the oil off her lips as she could, but they glistened in the light just a little. A tissue is needed for this food.

After he finished his piece of bread, Tom cleared his throat. "Perhaps we've jumped the gun a bit, so to speak. Let's take a few steps back and access our current situation. A lot's happened in the last... 36 or so hours."

He continued. "I am in love with you, and you are with me, I... assume, right?"

"Ye ... yes." Yukari had said it. And she believed it.

He nodded. "That's good, very good. Nevermind the fact that we have quite a few ranks between us in this army and all that nonsense. We'll figure out how to make things work given that we'll probably have limited time to see each other. What's more important to me, right now, and I say this while barely containing my carnal desire for you--WHICH I might add we almost indulged in, blast you Mara..." Tom was rambling a bit now.

"...but what I was meaning to say is that, well, I want to think about your emotions too here. I want to know what you want in a relationship, but more importantly, what makes you tick, ma'am."

I have much to consider, Yukari thought. She knew that, yet thinking it seemed to drive it home. "I will ... Tom."

"Have you been in love before, ma'am?"

"No," Yukari said. "I do not think so."

"Oh," Tom said simply. "I'm... honored to be the first you trust with your love and friendship."

She could not bring herself to ask if she were first or not. Somehow, on the ship, it did not matter. "It is nothing ... I am glad it is you. I would not want anyone else."

"That's so sweet." Yukari's honesty picked him out of his own nervous doldrums. "Honestly, when I confessed to you ma'am, the words just poured out of me, like they were pulled out of my soul by your very presence. I can honestly admit that I've never had those kinds of feelings for a person before... the intensity. But this is new territory for me too, ma'am. We might stumble and fall and wipe the scrapes from our knees, but at least we'll do it together."

He looked up into her eyes. "All I ask is that you hold my hand for the trip."

Yukari smiled warmly, genuinely. She lowered herself to his level and took his hand. "We are stronger, better, together. It must be this way." She awkwardly kissed his hand, not sure what else to do.

Yukari's smooth, delicate lips sent the hairs on Tom's arms dancing. He could only return the favor with his own kiss. "When you kiss a hand, you do it with a bit of finesse, like this. Not too soft, but not too hard, either. Don't worry, ma'am. I'll let you practice on me as much as you'd like!"

Yukari blushed as he kissed her gloved hand. She smiled at him, nervously, as if hesitating on what to say. "I ... want to practice this." She leaned in and kissed Tom's lips fully, deeply, for the briefest of moments, before pulling back. She felt like she had more oil on her lips than before; she licked it off.

"Ohhhhh ma'am," Tom said with the barest hint of a desperate whine. "You don't know how badly I want to pracitce this... and more." He pulled her body back to his and again kissed her deeply on the lips, this time for several moments, rubbing his hands up and down her back.

The kissing went on for what felt like several minutes, but as Yukari pushed away gently and came up for air, her internal clock told her not even a minute had passed by. "Tom, wait ... " Yukari said, breathing a bit heavily. "We ... we should not. I cannot. Not here. As much as we want to, soon we will be joining the crew and we must be able to talk to them. And I cannot talk when I am thinking about your stubble on my skin."

PAUSE

"It must mean that she wanted to make you feel welcome on the ship." Mara replied to Chigusa. The sprite turned her head to sniff in the direction of the kitchen. "I smell almost-ready tuna steaks! Looks like mister technician-turned-cook-turned-flirt got them ready in time."

Chigusa cocked an eyebrow.

"Technician/Cook/Flirt? That's who I report to for Technical duty?"

She shuddered.

Well hopefuly he's not a rapist, too... (haha)

She laughed to herself at the thought.

"Let's head down to the wardroom."

Tom nodded. "Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, actually."

He helped Yukari stand, ending their intimate moment with the release of her hand. It pained him inside to do so.

Straightening his uniform of wrinkles, as well as picking one of Yukari's hairs off his shoulder with pinched fingers, Tom Freeman stood and spoke through the intercom.

Dinner is ready. Please report to the wardroom for some ROCKING good food, compliments of yours truly, Tom "Tap Happy" Freeman.

He made sure it was turned off before talking to Yukari. He was smiling, appearing as if he had completely turned off the lust that was driving his actions moments ago.

"A thought just occured to me," Tom said as he walked back in the kitchen to grab a pitcher of juice and water to bring to the wardroom. "Should we be keeping our relationship a secret to the rest of the crew? Oh, and can you help me by carrying the bruschetta and these pitchers to the wardroom while I prepare the tuna steaks for transport?"

Mara followed after Chigusa. "Don't worry. The Caretaker only has a thing going for the executive officer," She explained.

They were in sight of the kitchen when Toms message went off. Mara skiphopped over to the kitchen counter and peered in.

"Tuna-steak transport has arrived. You may load up in here." Mara pointed into her open mouth.

Yukari had not considered keeping it a secret ... but she had a feeling it was not worth the pain of trying. If Mara knows, the crew will know. However, she did not have time to give a response before she was asked to take trays of food out to the wardroom, which was slowly filling with more people.

Mara's idea of transport made Yukari roll her eyes. "Transport Mara, you have not been approved by traffic control to load up here. Return to the wardroom," she said, mockingly chastizing her.

Chigusa looked around a moment to take in how the wardroom looked and then called out: "Hey Cook! Where are you?"

Mara had better have been right about him only flirting with the XO...

"Awww," Mara turned away with a giggle and picked a seat for herself.

At Chigusa's question, Mara thumbed behind her. "Tom is coming out with the dishes. He'll be the one with the tuna-steaks."

Yukari was carrying a large tray of the tuna steaks, which sizzled with a delicious sound. She put them in the middle of the large dining table that had been chosen by everyone.

"Oops," Mara noted at seeing Yukari was the one coming out with the Tuna-steaks. She obviously was not Tom.

Chigusa's eyes widened.

"Ooooooh!"

She immediatly hopped over to the table and plopped into a seat. She looked at Yukari with limpid, pleading eyes.

"That looks yummyyyy."

Tomi had been making her way to the tables in the wardroom a bit quickly- she had missed breakfast, after all- but paused in her tracks when she saw the newcomer. Maybe it was just an aftereffect of all the conspiracy theories that had been tossed around at the briefing, but her first reaction was to be very suspicious of the stranger. But, well, given that she was shouting and being altogether un-sneaky, she was either a the worst spy ever or she was actually authorized to be here. Banking on the latter, Miyoko took a seat across from Mara and feigned collapsing on the table. "I'm starving. You may want to stand back- if it takes much longer to get ready, I may be forced to start eating crew members."

(( Post DE-fix'd, since Kotori responded to it! ))

"Watch it, this could draw skirt-lifting 'eat me' jokes from some nekos." Kotori warned Tomi as she joined those assembled around the table.

"Hm?"

Chigusa noticed the other woman who sat down, and got up out of her chair, looked to her, and bowed.

"Hi. I'm Chigusa-Nitô Hei, Technician. I just transferred here. Nice to meet you. You are?"

Kotori's joke made Yukari think about the fact she was in a skirt. She focused on bringing a tray of bruschetta bread to the table in one hand, with a bowl of flavored oil. She had to get the tomato mix yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…