• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Miharu Prologue, Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yukari sat on the small stool, making sure she was out of range of the cold water. She was glad she had her gloves on. "You are very dedicated," Yukari replied with a little smile. "I only wash myself with a little cold water before I use heated water."

"It suited my mood." Kotori grabbed the faucet and twisted it shut, killing the flow of water abruptly.

"Yukari, Motoyoshi Katsuko-Taisho was murdered."

" ... What?" Yukari said in Japanese. "Murdered -- but, she is always protected. Always armed. Murder is just not possible." The concept itself sounded invalid on its face. The Taisho was simply too smart, too dangerous to be killed that way.

But ... Kotori was not obscuring the truth. She would not have said it telepathically if she was.

" ... When?"

"It was just after a small fleet led by the YSS Namiko, commanded by a 'Taisa Adlich', was nearly wiped out fighting SMX forces in Murf." Kotori began explaining, her amber eyes not leaving Yukari's as water ran down her body in rivulets. "The next day, at four in the morning, she was killed by Chusa Izumi - I believe the latter was in charge of Motoyoshi's security detail."

" ... " Yukari could not respond for a moment. Then, she shook her head. "I left them to better protect them. It seems I protected only myself."

Her head hung down as she curled up and grasped her legs. " ... Adlich-Taisa did not survive, did he."

Oh yes, ma'am. Please keep doing that. Just like that. Mmmm...

BWEE BWEE BWEE BWEE BWEE BWEE BWEE

Tom's eyes shot open, and the Yamataian looked around, quickly, as if he was verifying his surroundings. His bed was empty.

Looks like the alarm clock is a tease too. Just my luck.

BWEE BWEE BWEE Bedoop.

For minutes, Tom reflected on the events of yesterday: arriving on the ship, the training, the date, the kiss. So much had happened in the span of so few hours. Did he really almost knock boots with his XO?

He ran his fingers through his matted yellow hair, an expression of silly disbelief on his face.

It was so ridiculous, but in such a good way—like something out of a movie. Who knew what today would hold?

1, 2, 3, LET'S ROCK!

HUMPH! Tom jumped out of bed and onto his feet, idly scratching his behind as he made his way to the toilet.

Oh yeah, I'm the caretaker now. I probably have to make breakfast. Hm... I wonder what the crew wants?

But before any of that, it was time for a shower.

Casually grabbing a towel from the sink, and grabbing his duffle bag as he exited his room, he made his way to the bath.

The halls echoed with his whistling melody.

"No. They had a ceremony held for the Taisho and all the fallen. Taisho Yui and Princess Himiko were there." Kotori answered Yukari. Her ears perked up when she heard whistling coming from the dressing room, but she kept her eyes on Yukari. "I recall the Taisho's will mentioned she wanted you to have her bonsai."

Yukari could hear the whistling. She knew who it was, too -- her heart's sudden tearing in two could not lie to her. She did not know what to think, what to feel, whether it was appropriate to do anything but nod and bow and leave quietly and nevermind her feelings on the matter. She was never close to Corro; he was always cold ... but his death still pulled at her, as if her ponytails were being jerked in different directions.

But ... the bonsai. She remembered how splendid a gift Katsuko had given her, but she had been forced to leave on the Iori. Now, she had Katsuko's own bonsai.

Perhaps, in that tree, Katsuko had found peace. Yukari nodded. She would do the same for those comrades who had fallen in the Empire's name.

"I understand," she sent back solemnly. "Thank you, Koto-san."

At that exact moment, the sound of pattering feet, followed by a WOOOOOO echoed in the room as the blurry form of a naked Yamataian ran by the two.

"Cannonball!"

Tom leapt hard toward the warm tub with nary a care in the world, but, in midair, he realized that the tub was quite a bit too small for pool tactics.

Not that that was a problem though, as he kicked in his antigrav and landed in the tub with a PLOOP.

He hadn't even noticed other people in the room.

"Booya! This body ROCKS!"

Yukari just watched. "Manic" would have been an appropriate description of the scene, as she felt she'd just bounced up 50 meters out of the ground and crashed into a light pole.

Try as she might, she could not focus on the bright yellowish hair. She instead let her eyes trace his naked body and take mental snapshots before he went into the water.

Yukari quickly realized she was staring at the empty space where Tom had been. Tom's butt, specifically. She glanced at Kotori with a exceedingly casual "now what?" look on her face.

Kotori watched Tom go and then returned Yukari's look. "Yuka, this is the man you had a date with yesterday. Right?"

Upon hearing the voice of his commanding officer, Tom leapt to his feet.

Unfortunately, tub water was definitely not solid ground, and the Yamataian sloshed about clumsily before regaining his footing enough to bow deeply in the direction of the voice. From the level of the tub, the bow left his head inches off the ground.

"Tom Freeman reporting, ma'am! Good morning!"

"Well, Yukari, you have two choices: either you get the clothes off and come in under the excuse of wanting to wash my hair, or keep them on and vacate the baths." Kotori stood up with a smile and walked toward the bath Tom stood in.

"Hello Tom." She greeted the yamataian as she smoothly lowered herself in the bath, creating only the barest ripples.

Yukari's choice was simple in the most painful way possible. She could either go into the bath with the man she kissed last night and the Neko she'd done a lot more to than kiss, or she could leave and handle everyone else.

She watched in horror as Kotori went into the bath, not afraid at all of showing her nakedness.

" ... Koto-san, you are mean," Yukari sent pitifully. "Good morning, Freeman-Heisho," Yukari said stiffly in Japanese, the red in her face completely obvious. She stood. "I should help the others get to breakfast. Excuse me Taii, Heisho."

With that, she turned and attempted to walk away, but instead slipped and crashed into a wall, arms barely softening the blow. She slowly picked herself up, a little wet on her boots and leggings, and waved behind her, holding her nose.

When she got outside, she found the other three still talking.

Kotori shot Yukari a concerned look when the other lost her balance and idly wondered why the brunette hadn't used anti-gravity to make a quick recovery as Yuka made her escape. Not used to it yet, I suppose.

She flicked some of her black hair in front of her shoulders and peered up to Tom. "You can settle back in Tom. I don't need to see that much of you."

Tom winced at the situation, when Yukari stated so plainly, and with not-so-hidden embarrasment her greeting, and then again when she faceplanted into the wall.

He had made a quick motion to stand and rush to her aid, but her gesture made him sit down, wide-eyed and embarrased himself.

When she was gone, he groaned and slid down into the water until his chin was immersed.

"Damn, that sure didn't go well. Drown me now."

"Not before we make an ST backup of you." Kotori grinned. "I lost two cooks already. I'm not losing a third one."

"Don't worry. If I did have an ST backup, it'd be mortified to death right now."

Tom dipped further into the water, blowing bubbles in the water with his mouth as he shamefully looked at Kotori.

Kotori's body wasn't much competition to Yukari's. She was spritely instead of shapely, looking svelte and delicate compared to Yukari's more womanly curves. Despite the inky black hair floating about, it wasn't hard to see that Kotori's bosom was a very modest one too. She was beautiful, but in the alien way of a butterfly instead of because of any womanly charms.

The nekovalkyrja's large almond eyes remained fixed on his head rather than wandering around. Tom was handsome enough, though she didn't feel that much attraction to him. "Did you two have a good time yesterday?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…