• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

[PROLOGUE] Manning The Illustrious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kail cursed suddenly as she was notified of the larger force, they had been just about to win. The neko hated running, but knew she couldn't ignore orders. "All fighters, fall back! Onyx squadron, forget about them! Rear shields full lets tuck tail and run!"

Following her own advice, Kail began modulating her shields but then slowed down, waiting for her squadron to get out of there before she would go. "I'll cover you, get out of here! There aren't that many enemies left!"

"Hai, Tarrim-Juni!" Kouta acknowledged the orders from his Squadron Leader, and shifted his Hayabusa's momentum around to take him back to the Hangar.

"Hai," Sakaki replied as she set course back to the docking bay. It seemed like this was becoming a little too familiar to her, but otherwise tried to not let it bother her. She had enough self esteem issues with her previous missions as it was.

"Bout time~!" Masako said and spun her hayabusa about, spraying the pods around her with the turrets as she backed off to return to the Lusty. It was just a covering move to force them back as she retreated. "How the hell did we get into this situation to start with anyway. Someone in intel fucked up." she grumbled to herself.

Shin briefly turned to face the oncoming enemy forces, but quickly decided against it, changing course and accelerating up to catch the rest of his squadron. Sighing in frustration, the Yamataian couldn't help but complain.

"Ah Man, this is going to be written down as a defeat. Kill Tallies don't count unless you win."

"A Kill is a Kill, Nekki-Hei." Kail corrected over the Radio. "And Retreating to reduce casualties in a battle we don't have to fight is a smart move." the older Neko elaborated. "Let's all get back and prepare for Hyperspace." she ordered, boosting to catch up to her small Squadron as the Battlepods attempted to catch up then decided to try for other, closer groups.

After less than a minute, the Squadron would be coming in for landing, something that would prove a little more difficult than taking off, considering they had to worry about not hitting the ship too hard.

Yaeko flipped through screens displaying the Hayabusa and estimated damage. Satisfied that everything was generally okay she flipped her comm to the engineering channel. "Bridge to Engineering. Fighters coming in for landing, have repair teams standby." She flipped a switch on her chair so she could roll around and pushed against the table, sending her rolling to another station. She started flipping through commands, readying the ship to leave at a moments notice. "Taisa, the Illustrious is in standby for hyperspace, we just need a destination and we're off."

"Set course for EX-7 Xanthe," Taisa Sydney ordered. "We'll have to get to Yamatai by taking the back way."

The brown-haired captain looked down at and small screen displaying a camera view of the landing starfighters.

Shin veered his fighter away from the rest of the squadron, pulling up keeping watch for any oncoming enemies, de-accelerating to the rear of the flight.

"Commander, I'll stay back and provide top cover until the rest of the squadron can land."

"Just put the damn fighter down we don't have time to worry." Kail spat, annoyed at the Fighter pilot acting like such a fighter jock. "Either you're down or you're left behind. I don't need you making decisions, I'm the Squadron CO, I give the orders. Now DOWN."

Yaeko quick imput the destination, plotting an easily usable path. She then brought the ship into standby and pulled up the camera feed from the hanger so she could see the moment all the ships were landed. She glanced back at the radar, seeing a hayabusa or two lingering back from the rest of the group. People always have to be heroes, what part of immediately don't these people understand.

Sakaki's thoughts sighed as Shin did his typical hero again, and instead focused on landing her fighter. Her Neko mind looked over the downloaded manual and attempted to follow it's example of slowing down hard right before entering the battleship just enough to stop right at the end of the wall.

If only fighting Mishu was this easy, she bemused herself no matter the result of her landing.

Masako just watched as Shin did his glory-seeking bit and shook her head once she landed her fighter int he Lusty's bay with the others and looked over at Sakaki and went over to her. "ARe you alright? That was a fairly close shave we had out there." she asked. "What possessed you to suggest such a risky tihng anyway? It worked but it's not something I'd want ot try again." she grinned.

Kouta brought his Hayabusa in as gently as he could manage while going the maximum speed allowed. Once he (safely and in one piece) landed his fighter, the young Santo Hei jumped down to the hangar floor.

"Yes!" He whooped.

Giddy with released tension, Kouta laughed like a fool.

He finished a few moments later, and straightened up. He walked to the center of the hangar, and waited for the rest of the squadron to gather.

Shin grunted in disappointment as he brought his fight in for a landing. "Yes Ma'am, landing now." As the hayabusa touched down on the flight deck and taxied into the hangar, Shin leaned back in his chair, resting his feet on the console and folding his arms behind his back, waiting for his CO to start yelling at him again.

Yaeko sat up in the bridge, watching camera feed as the hayabusa began to land. She waited earnestly for Kail to give the okay that all the ships had landed, her finger circling the button to punch the ship into hyperspace. "Onyx One, please confirm once all Onyx members are present on board."

"Hit it!" Taisa Sydney shouted to Yaeko, as the NMX ships began to unfold all around them. Time had run out. They had to move immediately!

"Everyone's down that's getting down" Kail answered, unbuckling her harness and waiting for the canopy to move out of the way so she could get out of her Hayabusa. She opened up the Squadron channel. "I'd be lying if I said you guys did great out there. However, you all managed to not die despite not being a full squadron. We'll consider this mission successful for now." the Neko growled slightly to herself in frustration at the whole thing, hopping down to the deck and handing her fighter off to the prep crew.

When sensors and alarms started flashing around her, signaling that enemy ships were entering the area she panicked and looked back at the radar, seeing orange dots appearing all around the Illustrious. When the order came down she didn't even wait for the confirmation from Kail before slamming her finger down on the button to send them into hyperspace fold. She became very worried and was about to check the camera to see if they had left anyone when she heard the confirmation that everyone had made it. She settled back down in her seat and after a few moments she perked back up into her giddy little self. She let out a squeak of delight over the fact that they hadn't lost any Onyx members. "Well Taisa, were en route to EX-7 Xanthe. Any other orders, should I contact the Yamatai Defense Network to let them know we're coming?"

After Sakaki took off her helm and took a moment to contemplate after her rough landing, afterward quickly jumped out as soon as her canopy opened up. She walked slowly until Masako asked her something, she gave an exhausted reply, "I do not know Masako. I'm not, sure." Then as she gave up on the answer she attempted to change subject a little, "How did you fare? You seemed like you were in more pain than I during that accident."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back