• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

[PROLOGUE] Manning The Illustrious

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sure," Taisa Sydney nodded. "Hold down the fort for a minute. I'm going to head down to the pilots' briefing room to listen in on the review."

"Aye Taisa," Yaeko replied. She pulled up a simple text document and started typing a quick message to Yamatai Command.

Code:
Santo Hei Yaeko Munkata
YSS Illustiorus NB-X1-10
First Expeditionary Fleet
TO: Star Army Command

SAoY Command,
We would like to notify you that the YSS Illustiorus NB-X1-10 is en route to EX-7 Xanthe and from there will be heading towards Yamatai, and request access through the Defense Network.

Thank you,
Yaeko Munkata
Under command of Taisa Rufus Sydney

"Taisa, the message has been composed and sent."

"Well it hurt because it sent a feedback spike of pain through my SPINE interface." Masako said, rubbing her back a bit in an attempt to try and rub out the remaining irritation. "But I should be ok luckily." she grinnedd at her friend. "let's just not try that again what do you say?"

As Kail made it towards the center of Onyx squadron's area, she looked around for those in her squadron " Onyx! Meet in the briefing room in five minutes!" she called, and sent telepathically to the group, then made her way out towards said briefing room. They needed to be Debriefed and talked to about their performance. Granted few had much training, and none had been ready for it, but they had done marginally at best. Kail just felt she was lucky that they had taken no losses, despite being under-staffed at the moment.

As Kail opened the doors to the briefing room, the lights turned themselves on and she made her way to the front of the room, mentally beginning to create an action report for the skirmish they had just been through.

Yaeko pressed her headset towards her ear as she heard Kail's announcement about the briefing through the camera system. She stood up, making sure to switch the settings on her headset to allowed to roam the ship with them, and proceeded to find the briefing room. Still not being fully familiar with the ship it took her several minutes and several glances at the map on her comm to find the way there. Once she found the room she stepped inside to find the Juni already there. She bowed before saying, " Tarrim-Juni, I'm assuming you wanted me to be present for the briefing as well." As Yaeko waited for a response she chose a spot for her to sit down.

Kouta slipped into the briefing room, bowed to the Juni, and sat. The debriefing would come soon enough.

Sakaki tried to look a little cheerful, "Indeed Masako," she agreed with a nod and walked to the debriefing. She wasn't exactly feeling too good about her performance all things considering, but at this point it was becoming something of a ritual.

She then sat next to Kouta, making sure her sword lay against her knee so it wouldn't poke anyone. The Neko sat rigidly in waiting for what is to be said, wondering if more bad news was to be said.

Shin bowed as he entered the briefing room, stretching out as he stood up and walked over to his seat next to Sakaki. "Well, personally, I think that the way things happened, it's a good thing that we all managed to survive. Though, knowing my record, The rest of you will be given commendations and promotions by command, while I'll probably get yelled at and denied promotion." The Yamataian pilot shrugged, and leaned back in his chair, putting his feat up on the back of the seat in front of him, and crossing his hands behind his head in a relaxed posture. "Maybe they'll even give my wingmate all the credit for my kills."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back