• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: LSDF Val'ta [Prologue] - Sing about the Valleys

As Akemi flew down the halls he contemplated how to deal with his opponent. He could try to simply keep running and he could shed his clothes mid flight to use his body's ability to hide itself by reflecting its surroundings. Both were legitimate options, but neither actually solved the long term problem of the L'manel's animosity. Never settling for a dull moment he decided to do like his Yamataian cartoons and leave everything to chance with a sudden death, samurai style, one strike one kill exchange. To lower Aran'ya's guard and lure her into his trap he decided suddenly drop to the floor and start running with his actual feet while giving the spider woman a desperate look over his shoulder to suggest he was running out of steam. A moment later he rounded a corner and tensed in preparation to spring forth. Having already flawlessly conquered the territory once without any casualties, Akemi once more would aim for Aran'ya's lips, this time intent on lunging and grabbing the sides of her face to plant a deep kiss she would be left to break herself. Bonus points if he could turn her to put her up against the wall in the shock of the moment. Even more points if he toppled her with his pounce and one of his legs landed between her own. This was going to be the best harem show ever.

In mid-thought, something emerged from what resembled at first black feathers and then dark ash which slowly dissolved into nothingness, Akemi sinking into it.

His lips met not the soft fortune of the lmanel he sought but something hard and firm. Something that smelled quite differently from all the Lorath he'd encountered with a stiff sweaty odor. Whatever it was, he swung beneath it, jaw clipped and before he knew it, Akemi found the world spinning and the ceiling filling his vision.

Slowly, the figure responsible for his mishap turned about, stepping over him, towering over him with long dark brown legs climbing up into running shorts framed in red that split along the hips and a loose vest. The figure's face was obscured by the sharp lighting above as something strapped about their body pulled itself like an octopus away from this person's thighs: thick thighs they were, and biceps with octagonal firmness and sharp stone like edges gleaming with sweat. The straps soon became a ball, hanging next to what should have been a large duffel-bag which to this person's scale was scarcely a skinny soccer bag. Fingers carefully plucked earphones from canted elf-like ears.

All Akemi could make out was the frown.

"You shouldn't run in the halls" a deep voice sounded. Deep, but feminine. Fyunnen.

A single arm, like a tree-trunk and a hand that didn't care what it caught lowered as she bent over him, swiftly yanking the Neko up onto his feet -- and then against the wall, feet dangling before she deposited him back down.

At first it appeared this would end in interrogation but instead a hand guided his to the hand-rail near the data-strip for the sake of Akemi's own balance, only to begin dusting off his shoulders.

It was clear she thought of him as a nuisance at best and a child at worst.

A head-pat confirmed her pity.

"You're meant to be on the security detail, and you're a foreigner no less. You should be setting a good example: you're representing your people. What's your excuse?" she tried not to bark, her tone stern.

"I'll have you know I'm with you guys now," Akemi replied with mock indignation and an involuntary smile he pretended to be fighting, shifting his right shoulder forward and pointing to the purple patch on his arm with the silhouette of a cat face. "I'm currently luring an extremely violent and irrational L'manel into a secluded area so I can harmlessly subdue her without involving innocent bystanders. She should be here any moment." Unable to resist temptation, he lightly poked the center of the Fyunnen's abdomen, testing its firmness. Were Aran'ya to try and attack him he would still use his plan.

What met his finger was like stone as it slid into a depression like water down marble onto something firmer beneath. It earned little more than a confused expression before she wrapped her fingertips about his wrist, hand on hip, pulling him closer so she could get a good look at him.

Her hair was jet black, shaggy and quite thick, tapered up into a long ponytail of messy hair. Her eyes were near black with no more than a glint of green. Her eyes had the beginnings of crows feet, her expression almost always indifferent. A slight scar down the right side of her jawline, where the longer half of her hair sat, hidden mostly by it like an eyepatch. Opposite, a single metal hairpin of a flower, repurposed from some sort of enamel badge of what, Akemi did not know.

She tightened her wrist, forcing the flat of his hand where moments before his index finger had been, voice stern again as she demoted him from child to pervert.

"So you're the male Neko? I've heard enough to know you're not taking your position seriously. You're security: Where are you meant to be right now?

"I'm meant to be getting acquainted with stations, tools, and equipment and you look like something I could station myself in, wear and use as a shield and wield as a very effective weapon so the way I see it I'm doing all three right now, especially a moment ago when I got familiarized with your arm." For amusement Akemi began tensing and relaxing the fingers of the hand that quickly obliged when thrust against the wall that was the Fyunnen. "I was also told we were supposed to make friends with each other. As such I would like to point out in the interest of friendship that your hairpin is cute, your chiseled abs are super enticing and those tan lines of yours tastefully leave much to the imagination. Now that I've named three nice things about you you can do the same for me. My name's Akemi Koga by the way."

"You seem to be quite quick, your features are very feminine which on Lor is considered a plus among men and you're obviously of a higher rank than you've been issued with."

It took Akemi a moment to notice but the way his hands sat against her had her nose flaring some. It was difficult to see but her breathing had become heavier and her expression all the more serious.

A very slight quiver in her wrist, then still.

"Instructor My'ean Idoqu. I suggest you find your post."

An awkward pause. More squeezing. Then she gave him his hand back once she was suitably sure his fingers would be numb. Next, a single step back. A stiff nod.

"Dismissed."

With that My'ean turned about and continued her original journey.

LSDF Val'ta, Deck Six

With the departure of Sentinel to his duties, Mirage was left relatively with the pleasant, if nervous helashio who self identified as Petra. A moment was taken to scan the crowd to see if there was anyone who stood out. Spotting a bouncing, shorter figure in the crowd Mirage smiled a little to herself as she wondered if she'd be collecting the smaller crew members to provide a chaperone service.

Before she set off into the crowd to collect the idle individual, Mirage answered Petra warmly, "It is a nice name you have Petra. My own is Nien'isha, though I usually go by Mirage." There was a pause as she considered how to broach the subject of companion collection before continuing, "There seems to be someone else who is a little lost in the crowd, I hope you won't mind if I take the time to pick them up on the way to the gym?"

Waiting only a moment for Petra to make up her mind Mirage motioned for her newly met helashio companion to follow should she desire, and set off through the crowd once more crossing the deck and its milling occupants to find herself in the presence of another Nekovalkyrja. This one seemingly female, and curiously blue. Pausing a short distance away from the smaller girl, Mirage in contrast with what would normally be expected of a towering golden eyed amazon, she inquired politely, "Do you need any help getting anywhere? Or at least someone to talk to?"

She hadn't heard or seen this Neko acting up in the crowd, so there was a small hope that she was better behaved than her obnoxious kin. With further consideration Mirage noted that they were after all supposed to be building international relations so this should be a good overture. Thinking on it further though, should their entire complement of Neko be like that male abomination she wasn't sure if she could avoid thinking that the YSE had snubbed them.

Ashlinn, LSDF Val'ta, Deck 6

Ashlinn had since stopped bouncing and had actually taken to hovering a foot or so off the deck so she could gauge where she was as she made her way painfully slowly through the crowd, every so often uttering a curse about her size. She almost rebounded off Mirage as she found herself a bit turned about in the crowd and then blinked upwards at the amazoness before her, her eyes widened a bit as she offered a wide grin, "Help?" The fact Mirage had no problem moving people out of the way, and was offering to socialize made Ash's day as she offered a bow before nodding enthusiastically, overall she'd taken a calm approach to this, and wasn't in a hurry, but an offered helping hand was the next best thing in her opinion, "I would love the companionship more than the help through the crowd, It will thin on its own in time. Hopefully in time for those of us with important duties to be done."

She was going to some lengths to ensure she controlled her urge to stand in close and exhibit a few of her more eccentric personality traits while she spoke, though her tail twitched a bit and coiled around her leg then uncoiled and swept back and forth slowly.

Elm did not return through the crowds as a victim of them, but instead, she paid attention. Faces. Things. Weapons. Some people had sidearms. Were they infantry too? A few things struck out at her, and the next time she bumped someone, she found herself stealing.

With the Fyuunen clearing space in front of her, and everyone jostling everyone, it had happened automatically without thinking. Elm curled her tail nervously, sending an electric jolt of white panic up her spine. Had anyone seen her? Nobody had said anything.

It had been so easy, so quick, and so automatic that it unnerved her. What was she supposed to do now–turn around and say sorry and give it back? She stole a quick glance into their wake and found that the Nepleslian was already lost with the moving troops. Elm searched for him with sharp eyes for a split second more, straining, before she decided that the only way to beat her sudden sense of fear and foreboding was to hold on to it.

It was a small switchblade knife with a handle of ivory, well worn. It felt good in her palm.

She had the urge to flick it.

Instead she slipped it into the sleeve of the same hand, quickly before someone noticed it, and looked up to the Nekovalkyrja that her companion was moving to rescue.

Up, because even when faced with a Nekovalkyrja, the low-key Petra was still short in comparison. This time, only less so. She stared as much as she thought might be appropriate, trying to take in everything about the girl. Smooth skin, perfect eyes, no blemishes anywhere. No visible weapons. The tail caught Elm’s eye, and she curled her own similarly, wrapping it around her leg without thinking about it before swaying it slowly.

Not like a helashio’s tail, then. Less muscle there, maybe?

This was the first neko she'd ever seen. She couldn't decide whether it merited all the hype or not, but something about the girl's eyes told her that no matter how pristine the nails or clean the uniform, something was off enough that it made Elm instinctively bristle.

Quietly, of course, and only on the inside.

Last edited:
Not one to easily let his guard down given the dangers he routinely got himself into Akemi remained mentally poised to violently kiss into submission any angry woman that suddenly bounded his way. Even though his plan had already backfired he still thought it was a good one. How was he supposed to know the ship's wall was going to suddenly come to life and hit him like a ton of bricks? At least it had been a pretty pleasing piece of architecture. A lot of time and effort had obviously been put into its creation as well as expert craftsmanship. He definitely needed to graffiti it up and add his own artistic touch to that canvas.

LSDF Val'ta, Deck Six

With a friendly smile Mirage replied, "Well if companionship is something you'd be interested in, I suppose having someone to talk to would help. Wouldn't it?" Pausing as she took a moment to look about the dispersing crowd Mirage soon continued, "I am headed up to Deck 3 with my companion here," She gestured to Petra, "On the way to the gym facilities if you want to tag along at least that far, it'll put you closer to your quarters and getting settled in at the very least. Oh, and by the way I go by Mirage, would you mind if I asked your name?"

Keeping up her good spirits, Mirage once again swept her golden gaze around the crowd while she awaited the decision of the blue Nekovalkyrja, and their verdict of their eventual departure. In that moment Mirage noted that there was a little guilt for making Petra wait as long as she had already, thankfully it seemed that the helashio seemed content enough for the time being even with the delays. It wasn't often that Mirage had the opportunity to interact with one of what many viewed as an owned race, however she had been taught that it often payed to brighten the day of their small kin. After all it was an unfortunate truth that most Lorath would hardly give them a moment of time, let alone treat them like a person.

LSDF Val'ta, Deck Six

Ash grinned towards Mirage and when she mentioned Petra She'd extend the smile towards the smaller woman, a little reassured that she had someone on the ship to relate to when it came to being 'blessed with shortness', She'd incline her head a bit and then glance back towards Mirage, letting the other woman stare without challenge, "Yes, It wouldn't to have someone to talk to, especially being new here. I didn't expect such a large crowd, or being here." Naturally she hadn't given her rank, "It's a pleasure, Mirage. I am Santo Hei Ashlinn Frayja Sarn." She gave her full rank and name, just because it seemed 'right' then paused, "Everyone else I have learned, prefers to call me Ash." She'd then bow towards both women, even Petra, "I'd love the walk, and I haven't received any particular orders as of yet that demand my presence in any particular spot. I'd love to see the Gym, And learn how races other than mine perform calisthenics." Her attention shifted to Petra, "Are you headed there as well?"

Because having more than one person to talk to was exciting!

Elm froze.

Her mind didn’t freeze, but instead went into overdrive. She’d been talked to. Someone had talked to her directly. So lightly, too, for something that set off little warnings in the back of her head like ants.

“Um. Yes, Miss Ash,” she responded, keeping her expression very neutral. "We were."

At one point Elm had considered changing her nickname. ‘Statue’, ‘Ghost’, and ‘Silent’ were her first few choices. She knew that was how most people viewed her, anyway, probably for good reasons. She wore the expression now which might have, if she weren't so short, been her primary attribute, and averted her eyes slightly, finding herself looking at Mirage’s knee, which was about at Elm’s hip.

Last edited:
Ashlinn blinked as she was called 'Miss Ash' which made her grin a bit, her lips twitching as she mulled that one over. She wasn't sure exactly what the equivilant rank between the mall was, but she was certain she was at the bottom. Which honestly didn't matter to her as much as the way the small... helashio? Was that the name? The race didn't matter so much as the customs and of course Ash's desire to not offend the other, "Ash, Please? I'm certain I don't rate a 'miss'." Her tone was light and warm as she could make it, as she tried her best to confer all the pleasantries that she was making light of the comment and turning it into an amused joke and something she was very obviously not offended by. On a whim she'd pivot and place herself next to Elm so that they were side by side and in Mirage's wake so that the jostling crowd wouldn't bother them, "I didn't catch your name? I might have missed it amongst the crowd, it is a bit loud, hmn?"

Elm hadn’t said her name. She stayed silent for a few moments afterwards, and then said, “I am Scout Elm Petra. Please call me ‘Ghost’.”

There. Another new piece of a new life locked into place. Ghost would be a good nickname for a scout.

More awkwardness. Elm realized that the other soldier expected her to say something more. She glanced back to her again, noting her hair color—wondering if it were natural—and then asked, “Um. Are you infantry, too?

LSDF Val'ta, Deck Six

Ashlinn grinned as the small, quiet helashio spoke up and gave both her name and even asked a question in return about if she was Infantry as well. Ashlinn's lips peeled back in a wide grin, "It's a pleasure to meet you Ghost." She even proceeded to give the other woman a small bow, which was a bit awkward given the duffelbag strapped across her back, but she managed it and then straightened up, "Yes, I am, I'm trained more in planetary combat than I am in Space combat. But I can perform either easily. I'm quite sure I'll be on security for away missions, given my training." Her tone of voice was almost hyperactive at the thought she'd get to land on strange new worlds and face many new and unknown ways to be potentially killed. She paused and turned that slightly ax-crazy grin towards Elm, "Wait - Scout? Oh that's awesome, Mebbe we can partner up? And you can show me how you do things?"

Yup. Poor Elm, She now had a target painted on herself as someone Ash could run to to learn things from.

Deck 6 of the Tal'ta
With a quick look around she spotted a New Tru’lista woman with rather erratically dyed hair leaving the group. Finding this woman interesting Ny’za made her way over with Rhiq on her shoulder. It was when she got out of the crowd that she noticed quite and ample backside that was swinging like a pendulum. Suddenly Ny’za’s interest changed, she no longer wanted just to speak to this person out of curiosity, this woman must have known the secrets to developing a great figure and Ny’za wanted to know.

Patting J’ann on the shoulder Ny’za spoke up. “Hello, I’m Ny’za Hasti and this is Rhiq.” She gestured to the gif’elm on her shoulder and then gave a smile, wings shifting a little in excitement.
J'ann turned to greet the L'manel, soft features greeting her with a smile.

This was one of the ones accosting the wretched cat, he noted. "I am J'ann Sulei. I'll be your morale officer onboard the Val'ta. Although, I can't imagine you needing one since you have such a cute companion with you."

Get in good early on, and it pays off later.

LSDF Val'ta, Deck Six

While Petra and Ashlinn exchanged words with one another Mirage plotted their course and had soon beckoned the smaller pair to follow as she carved a path for the trio through the thinning crowd. The relatively short path across deck led them to one of the lifts taking them from Deck Six up to Deck Three where most of the habitation and general relaxation areas were located. Thinking on it Mirage supposed that they were headed to the most important section of the ship given that it was a long range vessel. They had to keep themselves entertained.

With the smaller pair still in tow, Mirage took a moment to reference the map of the Val'ta that had been provided for her use. Bringing it up and setting her integrated cybernetics to overlay a visual path through the unfamiliar corridors Mirage once again set off taking note of the lounge and bar that they passed along the way before reaching the Val'ta's gym where the trio had agreed to travel to. Turning to her companions Mirage offered cheerfully, "The Gymnasium~ Let us look on in awe at the land of physical fitness to be stained with the blood and sweat of the crew."

LSDF Val'ta, Deck Six

When Akemi's encounter with the towering My'ean was concluded, it seemed for a moment all was quiet. That was exactly what Widow had wanted to him to think, as while he had hit on the towering , muscular Instructor it had given her time to slow down and change her tactics up, using her unique, Tarantis-aspected grip to actually make her way up to the ceiling of the deck and grab onto a conduit pipe right above where the Neko was standing. Once the Fyunnen was sufficiently out of earshot, the black-uniformed L'manel quickly flipped down from her shadowy hiding place in a quick and predatory motion, pouncing on her prey from above with fangs bared and intent on forcing him to the ground from the momentum. Surely his superhuman senses would not see this coming!

Whether he sensed his attacker or not Akemi had already figured something like this might be coming and obliged her by not putting up any resistance. At least not his lower half. His top was another story. As he had been preparing to do for a while he reached out to try to grab the spider woman's head and forcefully lock lips with her, venom or no venom. Were he to successfully grab her he'd even attempt to slip her his caramel tongue if she didn't close her mouth and allow their lips to meet. This would probably be great footage for Aiesu he thought. It'd also be a great boast to share with the Nepleslians that had given him some wordless approval before.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back