• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Senate: Passed Proposal #79 Hazardous Materials and Goods Control Act

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
My fellow senators, the war with the Mishhuvurthyar affects us all. With the increasing amounts of civilian and corporate ships entering battlefields after the action for purposes of salvage operations our ports are threatened with possible biological contamination or other hazards brought on by the movement of salvaged parts and disabled craft to these sensitive access points to our worlds.

While Star Army protects us from the direct threats of this war, I believe a new governmental section should be formed to oversee the flow of goods, especially those coming in through the now thriving salvage industry.

Taiie proposes that;

1. A new Yamatai Governmental Division formed to organize an empire-wide system for the search and inspection of goods coming into planetary ports.

* This division would have to employ, manage and train inspectors for this duty.

* This division would construct and maintain orbital inspection facilities.

* This division would also employ those trained to respond to contamination situations, and employ measures to protect to public from being exposed.

2. Salvage permits should require training in hazardous material handling, and all salvage ships should be inspected to ensure they have the appropriate systems aboard to prevent a potentially dangerous contaminate from being spread from their ship.

3. All ships inbound to planetary ports would be subject to more detailed searches than are currently in place to ensure hazardous materials do not reach our populations.

4. Those involved in the salvage industry would be required to have regular health examinations, and be educated about common signs of exposure to radiation and other hazards. Nekovalkyrja would of course be the exception, because of our immunity to the hazards.

"Tami may find this agreeable, but would like to see local governments have the power to modify (such as add extra restrictions at incoming ports) certain parts when they find it nessary, with the approval of the propossed agency of course." William said, and then sat to think more on the matter.

"Ohara motions to extend the voting period, as to give the Senator from Taiie ample time to respond to comments made so far, and to allow the other senators more time for discussion."

"Extension seconded. HNI abstains."

(Note: I am going to be away for the long weekend, Off to Canada and leaving tonight. Anyway If we could, I would like to put this on hold till I get back on Tuesday.)

"Taiie agrees with the motion to extend, and also motions to change the proposal.â€

"Ohara votes yes."

Vax shuffled around the datapads he had be perusing, typed in some notes on one of them, and handed it to one of his staff members.

"Tami is pleased with this proposal, but Tami has decided to abstain from voting for the time being." William said looking around the room, happy seeing that at least some work could be done.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back