• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: UOC Government [Proposed Legislation] Spirit of Taiie War Orphan Act

Kim

スター軍の司書
Purpose: To give children orphaned by war or odd circumstances a chance to live freely without pressing them into military service. And to provide all children with rights and a choice.

Children are individuals who are emotionally or mentally determined to be immature and needing guidance from more experienced persons. I.E. A nekovalkryja youngling that was living under the care of their parents or another guardian would be considered a child until the age of 1.

A Geshrin, Yamataian or Nepleslian that is not an transfered soul from another body under the age of 15 would be considered a child.

Proposal:

1) The Government will create a mandated Youth Budget to support youth education programs; housing; health care; academies; reward allowances.

2) Any orphaned children are to be provided a clean, safe place to stay with a bed to sleep on; as well as, as much food as needed for their physical well-being with a minimum of 3 nutritionally balanced meals a day at the expense of the government's youth budget. As children they have no income to support them and it is the duty of the government to help support them until they are old enough to support themselves through the usage of a governmentally mandated Youth Budget.

3) Children should be provided a quality education free to them and provided by a governmentally mandated Youth Budget.

4) To help foster some semblance of independance and reward hard work- children with good grades will be rewarded with a nice monetary allowance to be used however they wish at the end of each educational quarter.

5) All children will be given the opportunity to earn a decent wage in the hours they aren't studying or at work if they so desire.

6) Any child with a living guardian must have permission to take on a supplementary income outside of their family's business.

7) Any child not wishing to go through a government funded academy has the option to receive technical training through government funded educational programs for an occupational specialty of their choice.

(Updated to include a Youth Budget and usage of that budget.)

Mamami read over this piece of legislation, her eyes narrowed as she noticed something specific repeated several times.

"While tragedy is inherent in war, I feel that placing the entire spectrum of this bill squarely on the shoulders of the entire Monarchy is not the proper way to start the fledgling nation." Mamami said after running through a simulated budget test.

"I make a motion to change all instances of the 'State' to a 'Governmentally mandated Youth Budget.' This way, the government can look after the youths displaced from war and other disasters, while also maintaining a separate fund so that needed government spending is not wasted."

Ayana thought over the suggestion and nodded with a thoughtful smile. "That's a fairly reasonable suggestion that removes some vagueness from the legislation that didn't occur to me. I'll update the document, thank you."

"Although I have no vote, it is my job to pass opinions and suggestions about proposed legislations; I feel the need to point out that this confirms our faith in the government of Prime Minister Ayana. The crown endorses this fully." Tio smiled, folding his hands in front of him. "The children are our future, I find it important that children in the UOC have a childhood, and have the best chance at becoming good citizens."

"I think this is a good idea. It ensures that our victimized youths grow up nurtured and well-educated, ensuring future stability in the workforce. Improved labor capital is always a good thing, my friends."

He took a pause to sip a glass of water on his table. The Yamataian was really enjoying the pace of things during his first day on the Assembly.

"It also promotes immediate opportunity for the unemployed to be positioned into social service roles. This, in effect, promotes spending and further spins the wheels of our domestic economy. A grand idea."

His hand quickly brought a projection of financial data he had access to.

"Hm... what resources can we dig from to create this budget? Unfortunately, it is a given that this civil project would generate almost no income to offset its expenses."

He looked to the Prince.

"How big are our coffers, prince? I'm afraid I cannot access that data for obvious reasons."

A smile came to the Prince as he released the information to the Assembly representatives, for now the UOC economy was being stimulated from within, their domestic markets were active as corporations had sprung up with the building of Tokyo. Major shares of Motoyoshi Fleet Yard profits generated from civilian purchases, and the cross trade between them and NovaCorp. It also revealed that the Motoyoshi, the crown, had deep pockets from the years and years of pledge family members giving portions of their military pay. All credits of course were exchanged one to one from KS to HS.

Obviously the government was going to need to generate more income and conduct more spending, the outlook was not perfect by any means. They had a lot to do, but establishing trade with other nations would no doubt stimulate the economy.

Tio said quietly, "This is an act in which I feel personally is important, therefore I will agree to release some of my Clan's own funds to help it along."

The Senator of Region Two listened to the discussion before voicing his own opinions and suggestions. All in all things were going exceedingly well it seemed to him.

"Well, why not ask the people? Ask the civilian companies? What better way to help secure the future of our children then with assistance coming from not only a government based fund, Or the Motoyoshi Clan's own coffers? I would imagine the populous would rally to such an idea, civilians and civilian companies and businesses alike. The whole of the United Outer Colonies working together to secure the future for our children. I would be more then willing to help out personally as the Prince and his Clan are generously doing."

Alexander finished before quieting himself.

"Those poor children.." Ayumi smiled as she sat down, glad at least out of all of it they'd be assured a life without their lost parents. She was wearing a pinstrip skirt suit, and was quick to slid one leg over the other. "As a nation, it is our place to provide aid to those that suffered the most from that day, no matter how slight. It's nice we're finally able to do something, I also approve, the estimates projected on use of this program are in our favour."

It was something she didn't really want to talk about, when she lost half of her life on Taiie. The old actress would be happy to change the subject.

Arnold looked to the Region Five member, his eyebrow raised slightly. He was no stranger to politics, and it had always irked him when politicians gave little speeches like that without actually saying anything. Of course, not like it could or would ever stop...

"I approve of this legislation, especially with the idea of bringing the unemployed into the roles of social service people, as Mr. Iga suggested. Although I do believe that there should be thorough background checks when hiring them into such roles."

"Madam Prime Minister?" Tio said, calling her attention to the suggestions of the assembly representatives. "Perhaps we should consider modifying the Act to accept donations from corporations and members of the general public, in addition to funds added by the government and crown?" He added, nearly forgetting to; "And something about using this as an opportunity to get some of our unemployed population back into the workforce, devoting themselves to being the hands behind this."

Ayana sat listening to the suggestions with a very thoughtful expression on her face before she nodded. "I think that creating something that more specifically covers the 'what' ; 'where' and 'how' of the Youth budget and where the funding comes from would be very prudent. But yes, I was hoping that by creating this program that we'd be able to help the general public; as well as, our youth into the workforce."

She paused thoughtfully and added, "Perhaps, we should also consider offering the technical training for our adults seeking new employment as well? We'll of course need teachers, caregivers, chefs, building managers, social workers and the like to make this successful."

She lightly tapped a stylus against the small screen of her data pad as she tried to come up with a better proposal on the establishment of a Youth Budget and where the funding would come from.

Proposed Youth Budget amount: 2 Million HS to be supplemented and maintained through ticket sales from a sponsored monthly National Lottery. The usage of this money will go directly to building, maintaining and paying the salary of educational institutions and their employees. Quarterly, the spending of the budget will be examined to determine that the funds are going where they are supposed to and give a chance to argue for more funding.

Lottery: To start I'm putting in 50,000 HS of my own money as the prize for the 1st month's lottery prize. I propose that 1 ticket with 5 sets of 5 numbers cost 2 HS per set of numbers with no maximum to the number of tickets that could be purchased.

The numbers are to be drawn randomly from a set of 60 numbers (1 through 60) that are written on small black plastic balls inside a cage that will be launched at the time of the drawing into clear plastic tubes by a vacuum to make the drawing completely random.

The drawing will occur at 2300 on the 28th of every month. 60% of the ticket sales will go to the budget while 20% would go to the pot and the remaining 20% go to maintaining the equipment.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back