• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Protected

Ira

Ser Spit
Inactive Member
Raytax walked in to the wardroom with the grace that came with working in the senate. He felt the air here was a little too dry for his tastes but he knew that, that would be part of dealing with new peoples. His robes were draped over his shoulder loosely, they were dry and crisp, but one could see his body suit beneath showed wet and cool.

Following behind him were two guards, dressed in their High Senate uniforms, tight fitting body gloves with pouches attached to belts, their disrupter pistols hung on each of their hips, a purple dyed piece of seaweed draped over the grips in sign of trust and goodwill. One of the guards seconded as Raytax's personal assisant.

Nema rose when Ratax stepped into the room. Neme had short thin tendrils for hair, her blue skin marked her as a Pygrin. She was a young woman, from the looks of it in her late twenties. Her facial appearance was one of aesthetic beauty. Her heart shape face was framed by her hear and her full lips and almond shaped eyes gave accent to her curvaceous figure. She wore a dark blue and grey trimmed naval coat with her brimmed officer's cap over her head. On her hip was a duty belt with a revolver in a holster.
The gun had a thin sling attached to her belt, though unlike her kin Nema did not have any facial tattoos or even piercings. On the left side of her hip she had a Sheshka sitting in a very ornate scabbard. This was not what the Azoreans were used to dealing with. Mostly they had delt with Diplomats from Yamatai, Nepleslia, and The Iroma. The Gartagen Union had never sent Diplomats.

No They were speaking not of politics and trade on this day. The Union opted to send a warrior as their representative.
"Senator Raytax." Nema said with a kurt nod to him.

"I am Ship Marshal Induzia Lyoon Nema. It is a pleasure to finally met you. I would also like to say it was an honor to do battle along side your brave forces. Their courage and selflessness in the face of a superior foe is poetic...for this they have earned my respect."
"Greetings, Shiptress Nema--"

A clawed finger lifted up "Ship Marshal." Nema said sternly, with out raising her voice.

".... My Apologies Ship Marshal... As you know I'm Raytex, I'm the head diplomat for anything celestial sea related. I thank you for your kind words for the crew of the Azoreans first warship, I will pass it on. It will boost there moral, A complement from a leader of an existing Star navy." He bowed shallowly.
Nema returned a quick, but dignified bow to the Azorean. She rose back up and drew silent looking at the creature.

"Let us cut to it. I am not here to discuss trade, or peaceful relations. The simple fact is my people can not allow your world to fall to the NMX, or to the Iroma. We respect your autonomy, but we are not imperialists. We are trying to do what we can to ensure that you are capable of protecting your selves...but the events that occured hours ago have shown me, that your defensive position is inadequite. So. I am here to listen to your concearns, but I will not pull punches nor will I be...charming as the Iroma delegate has been."

"Charming is one way to put it. Before we get too deep into this, I will make this clear, The Azorean People Will Not Be Ruled, Nor Be Dictated To. I say this for we may be new to the celestral seo scean, but we are not new to politics and war. I also say this with out threat nor an attempt to struck fear in you or any other faction. "
Taking a breath and allowing his self to relax and stand again more neutral. "I fear that you, and you I mean the Gartagen Peoples, and the Iroma think that we will roll over and lift a fin, or to be nurse mated with little bits of knowledge and tech when you think we are ready for it.

"I have enough ordinance on my ship to make your planet inhabitable for the next 2,000 cycles around its sun. The Iroma? They could destroy your defense forces in a mater of moments. The NMX would have raped your world and slaughtered your people. You are in no position to make demands. This is not me shaking my saber at you, this is me dropping the illusions that your people have a fighting chance with the way the interstellar scene is going."

"Make no mistake, we have no deigns on ruling your people, but the others do. There has been talk of annexation of your world by various powers in space. If you let the Iroma set foot on to your world..they will not stop. Then when you need help what are my people to do? I worry you will make us look foolish, and when you finally decide you FUCKED up, my people will say...oh, we are so sorry, but we tried to help you once."

"The waters of this conversation have turned cloudy with blood and frenzy. If you are truly concerned for the well being of my people you would stand down and move your fleet away from the Iroma's, Of coarse I plan on making the same requests of the Iroma fleet. If you respect the fact that the Azorean's are a sovereign nation then you must also respect the fact that these two fleets are threatening a guest of Azorean, and vice-versa."
Raytax studied Nema, she was a soldier, and it seems that when any operation appears, her only solution was to blast her way through.

"As for the NMX Azorea are all grateful for the help of the fleets that came to her defense, and let me be clear The People will never forget this, and in due coarse, hope that they can repay this "life debt." He stopped and looked pass the Ship Marshal and stood silent for a moment, turning to his assistant he whispered a few words and received a nod.

Addressing Nema again he spoke strongly but kindly, "Why don't we adorn to the Hammerhead, I will invite a Representative from the Iroma fleet to join us. The hammer head will move into the firing zone between both fleet and we can calmly discuss this together. I hope that we can come up with a solution that will be a benefit the three of our peoples."

"We tried your way. We did as you have asked. You would sooner wait till your world is a boiling ball of slag in space? Or under foreign occupation? " Nema said Advancing. She had tried playing nice. Doing as requested. Her forces had trained the Azoreans in how to fight in space.

"Even now my people are aiding your selflessly, yet you sit here expecting rescue. Now here is what is on the table, you can stand with us, or you may stand alone. Iroma arrogance and hostility on your door step is intolerable. I have to write 784 letters to the families of the men and women who died in defense of your world."
Neme snarled. "You misunderstand me, I do not want you world, I do not want a trade alliance to exploit your people, I do not want your promises or even a blasted alliance. I do not want a single Gartagen to step foot on your planet. What I want is your loyalty. I am sick of sitting here waiting to see what happens. Your people's lack of precedence on the issues at large are going to cost you all dearly, and you are fools for it."

"I will not reconvene with the Iroma, or your delegation!" Nema said shouting. "You Azorean politicians...suffer from a disease that defies reasons. I demand to talk to your military leaders! Perhaps they will understand, i sense they feel crippled and helpless thanks to your political bumbling around in the dark...and guess what, the DRAGON knows where you sleep now."

"You speak of loyalty but you have yet to lay down what your terms of loyalty. From your words so far those terms include who Azorea can hold diplomatic talks with. As for the lives lost in defending this system do forget the civilian ships that used their defensive weapons to help defeat the smaller ships, many of them were lost, also the Iroma have lost lives here also. " Raytax started feeling like the options that Nema were laying out were side with the Gartagens or be left to the leviathans.

"We know of the Dragon you speak of and we have done everything in our power to gain the tools to defend our selves from them. We hope to use the corpses of their ships out there," Motioning to the system around, "to advance our equipment, and our ships Engines. With these and the fact that less then 3 years ago we didn't even know about anything put side our seas.

"No, you sit down, letting alien nations discuss talks of establishing colonies on the home world of your ancestors...what would they say I have read of the Azorean culture and to let outsiders in a heresy, a crime against your proud heratage. The Iroma lost lives? As I recall when the NMX came full force at their position it was my ship that ended that manuver, my people that led the defense, we did these things because it is our way. I am not giving you options because you have none. I am telling you the truth which you refuse to see...and if you refuse to see then that no longer holds me liable and I am then unbound to continue upholding the promises which we made..."

"As far as your hopes of salvage...under the treaty with Yamatai that salvage can not be turned over to either your people or the Iromakuanhe...." Nema spoke flatly.

She realized that the Azoreans were deluding them selves with false delusions that they had options so she decided to keep it simple.

"The options for your people are live or die. There is no easy way. I am here as a courtsey, we are doing what no other wishes to do. We are here to get your people to the point where they can stand on their own, but if you wish for annihilation by the NMX, or occupation by the Iromakuanhe, then so be it. I will not presume to dictate policy to your people. All I will be able to do is weep for them when their culture is exterminated, and your world plundered of its riches for the name of the commonwealth.

"Terms of Loyalty?" Nema said blinking her blue eyes in disbelief at the Azorean politician. "My terms are loyalty are for you senator to get your head out of your ass and start accepting the truth. This is not a joke or a fantasy where you are one equal terms. Loyalty means you need to listen and take us seriously. I am not a politician, am I sitting an an officer? Is their a pen on my belt? MY PEOPLE SENT WARRIORS TO YOUR WORLD NOT DIPLOMATS FOR A REASON." She roared finally having enough of this self indulged ignorance.

"Don't for a second think I don't understand how truly screwed the position is for my people. not a few months ago we had the whole of the universe literaly drop into our ocean. We have fought tooth and scale to get to the place we are now. and if it wasn't for my predacessor's work with your people and a few other factons, we would be swimming sperm banks for the NMX. AND THAT IS IF WE WERE LUCKY! I want a alliance with the Gartgain Union, My fellow senators all agree with this, But you are correct in the past it has be just shy of heresy to allow interlopers, but when the sky falls and floods your pond with an ocean you must start to adapt, or fall pray to the greater predator."

The two Azorean guards exchanged glances, neither of them had ever seen Raytax flare up like that, he almost seemed lost to a feeding frenzy. It took Raytax a few moments to calm and gather his thoughts once more before he could continue, "That is why I ask what I do and why i have conducted myself this way here today. My Planet is but a guppy now thrown into a large ocean. I will admit that I'm truly fearful for my peoples future."

"THAT'S IT! THAT IS WHAT YOUR PEOPLE NEED!" Nema said roaring back at the amphibious man. "You need emotion, realization, not smiles nods and hand shakes!" Nema said smacking the table.
Nema had used the stick, now it was time for the carrot. "An alliance? That is risky. An alliance would drag you into extra solar politics and put you at odds with the current galactic
administration.

What I propose is less extreme then what the Iromakuanhe wished for. My proposal was set approved...but needs your signature and consideration."

"We feel that due to many of the threats you face and the situation on and around your world that an alliance would simply complicate your situation. Where as the Iromakuanhe offer nothing less the occupation...and that is what their proposal is, an occupation...they just used honeyed words. We offer a better world for you...a better solution. We offer to make you a Protectorate of the Union."
Nema slapped a pad down . A Protectorate is an autonomous territory that is protected diplomatically and or militarily against third parties by a stronger state or entity.....US. In exchange for this, the protectorate usually accepts specified obligations, which may vary greatly, depending on the real nature of their relationship. However, it retains formal sovereignty, and remains a state under international law. A territory subject to this type of arrangement is also known as a protected state." Nema said calmly.

Raytax looked at the pad, and listened to the description. once Nema finished he picked it up and read it through. Taking a few minutes to go over it all, carefully rereading sections, it was clear cut and throw. once he finished up reading it he looked at the Ship Martale. "Why didn't you hand this to me when I first walked in here?" He figured he knew the answer, she was a warrior not a diplomat, if it can't be won through argument and combat. be that physical or verbal.

"It would have made this go much quicker and easier."
"Because I am a warrior rather then a diplomat. Plus, I fear for you people. Sitting here has been like hanging around unable to do anything."

"I have the ability to sign and make this agreement, but for form sake it must be put through the senate and voted on. Even though it will pass quite easily, we still have to follow the rules. So I will sign this, then take it to the senate for the <i>vote</i>." He call the gaurds over to over look everything and watch him sign the papers, then pressed a seal into the end of the signatures. the two guards then each pressed their rank insignia into the bottom of his seal. "There it is done. Let you and I understand one thing, We are sitting at the verge of a very dangerous endevor, and what ever come out of it you and i will know that we came together under the shadow of fear. May this not end with more fear, but bring a new light of hope to this cove of the Celestral Ocean."

'That is the most insightful thing I have heard you say all day." Nema replied with a bow. "May we both indeed."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back