• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Freespacers [PSN Streaming Content] Envoy Mission Statement

MissingNo

Inactive Member
The following was a note delivered via the Polysentience Network to every connected Freespacer.

The Envoy said:
As part of my purpose as ambassador of the Free State and by speaking for the Deoradh, I represent you, so it is only fair and right that what I say and do is known by you and what you wish is known to me, allowing me to make decisions more accurately depicting the will of the Free State as a whole.

This stream allows any Freespacer who is interested in making their voice heard may observe streamed and archived footage and data and deliver their input on any ongoing interactions this unit has with any government or faction on their behalf. Opinion threads relating to each encounter will be listed as they happen, your input may be addressed in them. Links to each streamed encounter will be at the lead of the relevant thread.

Thank you for allowing me to serve this purpose. May the Maker's hand guide us all.

=====

((OOC: The idea here is that anyone who wants (see below for exceptions) can create a temporary Freespacer NPC* and either argue between their own 'Spacer NPCs or converse with other players' FNPCs within this forum. I'll try to keep an eye on this thread, so you guys may help shape the Envoy's reactions.

However...I do ask these guidelines be followed while posting here:

1_Read the "Streaming Content" threads in the Polysentience Network to get an idea of my format. Format is essentially what I used in this post, with actions and background info on the actions of the characters given in the main body of the post with text and audio-visual messages in quote boxes. The green-text code boxes are not used. System messages are reserved for myself, since those are in the Envoy, not the Polysentience, and only visible by the participants in the PSN forum.

2_Remain in-character or be able to justify your post upon request. If you make sweeping statements and use "weasel words" concerning the thoughts and opinions of the rest of the Free State, expect objections and to be called-out. Otherwise, remember how Freespacers think and reason, keep the comments limited to the opinions held by your own NPCs, and you should be fine. The Freespacers are diverse. But keep in mind that, although variations of their ideologies are sure to be around, significant divergences are rare; otherwise they'd have problems cooperating with each other. Reading the posts I have already made in the PSN will also help give you a sense of the way 'Spacers tend to analyze things, and you can search for Miss Strangelove's in-character posts on the other SARP forums for other ideas.

3_Keep it civil, at least OOCly. This being an IC public forum, I will tolerate a limited amount of "filler"/"trash" posts, such as "lawl, fail" and other similar, non-constructive comments. I do, however, reserve the right to request or directly remove or edit posts that fail the two conditions listed above...yes, I am aware of the irony, and I hope it will never be needed.

CONCERNING THE CONFERENCE:
I also ask that, for International Relations Conference chatter especially, the Yamatai-hate be kept moderate or low. In my own posts, I've tried to show both sides, but y'all will have a bit more freedom in that respect.

The goal for the conference is cooperation, and Yamatai (or at least a representative of the YSE) has made significant steps toward mending ties with the Free State. Even though the Lighthouse talks haven't concluded in Real-World Time, the Third International Relations Conference takes place weeks or months afterward. The agreement proposed at the Lighthouse should not be mentioned in any detail until finished, but I would like to think that both parties left those talks on good terms with each other, whether the agreement was signed or not.

So, go! Help bring a voice to the beings of the Free State! And thank you for your participation.

*NOTE: Freespacer NPCs used in the [PSN Open Forum] threads are intended for use on the PSN ONLY. NPCs posting in this forum MUST be born Freespacers with Polysentience access. If you wish to use an NPC you created for the PSN in actual plots as either full NPCs or Player Characters, you must submit them as a character or NPC via the Character Submission forum. The NPCs in the [PSN Open Forum] threads are intended as talking heads, and while you may create backstories and full profiles for them, it is not necessary or expected. Thanks!

/OOC))

OOC: Updated the out-of-character explanation of the purpose of the PSN Streaming Content threads and the forum in general. Please read or re-read the preceding post to see the changes.

This thread is not to be posted in and is reserved for further notices.

/OOC

RPG-D RPGfix
Back