• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: 188604 (Psychopomp) House of Horrors

Hanger
As if to emphasize Shizuka's point the door to the Main hallway would begin to shake as more creatures had apparently become aware to the presence of the intruders. The door was holding for now but there was no telling when it would finally give way and let the aberrations through.

Hanger

Uso would holster her pistol and took ahold of the Gauss rifle,

"OBVIOUSLY ITS A TRAP!" she snapped, "Didn't you guys ever read stories about this kind of stuff? Hero's evil doppelganger appears and tries to pull shananagins etc, etc...."

She'd re-aim the weapon at Laz,

"Luckily we're not alone and time is on our side. Which means we have to take you both down now and sort out who is who.

OBVIOUSLY THE REAL JACK WOULD BE OK WITH THIS PLAN!"

Uso's ears would stay perk'd up over her hair, aimed at Laz as she took a look over at Jack,

"So swallow your pride and sit this one out."

Uso would catch Sarah freaking out a bit,

"YOU! GIRL!"

Her name escaped her at the moment,

"Calm you shit, you don't know what to think yet so just be careful. Keep Jack at distance and get him secured."

They would need to secure the Jacks before they could investigate the nearby armory.

"The HELL I would be ok with this, what the fuck Uso!" both shouted in unison before glaring at each other.
"Alright motherfucker, jokes over, you can remove that mask now." Jack barked at Lazarus.
"Bitch please, you're the spy trying to take my life." Lazarus barked back.

Mark was still waiting for an answer, "who the hell are you people?"

Sarah pointed her rifle at Jack, "I'm sorry, I don't know what else to do. Wait what!? But what if it's the wrong one?"

"Perhaps I could help shed light on this," Candon mused, his flying sword raising into the air to hover centered between the two Jacks, "a few months back I lead a raid on a Kuvexian warship. Now the report shows that the Caliburn was heavily damaged twice and lost its captain and bridge crew but doesn't say why out of respect for the families and stupidity of the situation... what happened to the Caliburn?"

Both Jack and Lazarus chimed in simultaneously again, "Friendly fire, instead of staying down the ship began to rise again and was caught in a friendly salvo!"

"Goddamnit! SHUT UP!" then raged at each other from there unsteady positions.

"So the infiltrator knows details..." Candon thought, then responded, "How and why did the sky guard upgrade their space suits?"

“Noob!” Uso laughed, “The real Jack can keep a secret. Where did we have our first kiss? First Jack with the correct answer doesn’t get shot!”

Lazarus and Jack both looked at each other for a moment for once without rage, but utter confusion.

"huh?" they both uttered confused.

Jack changed subjects back, "Since when did we get updates for the suites?"
"Hah, after my first mission with the SkyGuard dumbass! They were modified to accommodate Elysians." Lazarus laughed back.

“Fuck,”

Uso frowned,

“Ok... that was my play. We are back to needing to throw these guys in a cell until we straighten this out. Jack 2 must have been made from Jack Prime’s ST data fairly recently ooooooor....

... you fuckers still have a live connection! That thing you had added probably has your memories streaming to the other one!”

"Sorry," Candon said, raising his right HHG toward the original Jack, "he answered right." A ploy.
A graviton beam immediately caught Lazarus' legs and swept him off his feet as Kokū Ken zipped to his chest. Wrapped in a force field and pressed right through his clothing.

A sickening crack could be heard as Lazarus's legs were broken and the blade met his chest puncturing his lunge in the process, "Dam is that the shit! I like you. Hey dad you could learn a thing or two from this guy." he said through clenched teeth and a few coughs as he enjoyed the pain.

Jack having regained his balance walked over holding his sore side, "Alright, now that we have that out of the way, mind telling me why you have my face?" Jack said his anger clear. A twin heat blade activated as he drew near with the intent gut Lazarus.

With a final bang the door would finally give in to the punishment it was receiving from the other side as hordes of monsters came flying through the doorway like a tidal wave. Currently they were stuck in the pile that they came in as but were slowly figuring out how to get out.

Confusion as to how the imposter survived was replaced by alarm as the little monsters began pouring through the door like a flood of water. Kokū Ken would hold its position in Lazarus' chest, keeping him there, lest the man dare to push against a monomolecular blade.

Candon brought both revolvers up and pumped 4 explosive rounds into the hoard, each bursting like a stick of dynamite.

"DEAL WITH IT LATER!!!" Shizuka shrieked when the door had burst open, allowing these creatures to spill in.

Moving from her place behind Mark; as he might've turned round to look at the source of the noise to see the monsters. She now was closer to Uso's group, shaking like a leaf and her robotic cat tail wrapping around herself.

"We need to go wherever we're going. Now please!!" Shizuka urged, hoping that differences could be put aside.

Ok, so Jack probably had the jackposter situation in hand.

Uso considered that she might need to call him Jack Prime from now on.

Or just like 'regular jack'

There were nick name possibilities that certainly needed to be explored there, but the more important thing were the monsters coming through the doorway.

*BLAM*

Rapidly Uso would take aim, fire, and promptly dislocate her shoulder thanks to the kickback on the gun.

The weapon was intended for power armors after all.

Power armors with various levels of high end recoil absorption.

Uso would need to take a quick time out to put her shoulder back together.

Jack took one last look at Lazarus with a, "This isn't over, you have answers to give later.", before picking up his rifle and unloading rounds into the hoard.

Hanger
The hoard would not slow done despite taking heavy losses. The other monsters would simply step or trip over the corpses of their comrades and kept moving towards their prey.

A man in a security uniform would peak out from the service entrance and wave a flashlight around. "Quick this way."

Uso's arm was still reforming, blood trickling out of her shoulder and filling up the sleeve of her spacesuit, the nanomachine inflused blood helping to build-up her arm into something that could help handle the recoil a bit better.

"I WAS TOLD NOT TO GO WITH STRANGERS!" Uso shouted back at the man, backing away from the horde while everyone else continued to pour fire into them.

Ultimately it was starting to look like the best option short of making an immediate escape out into space.

Shizuka was quick to run when she heard the voice and she turned to see the secruity man. She knew she was useless in this situation, and she knew getting herself out of the way would best for everyone else. They wouldn't have to worry about her.

"Come on!" She shouted over her shoulder to the others.

Getting to the man, she would pause and breathe a sigh of relief when she saw the others following. Course she'd obey the man's instructions on where to go from here. She just wanted to get away from this.

High explosive rounds spewed from Candon's revolvers as his armored fingers pulled and released with automated precision and speed turning each pistol into a rapid firing weapon. Their payloads emptied almost immediately and the pistols were auto loading in their holsters in a flash. To see the hoard still rushing after the chaos of so much united gunfire was cause enough for him to signal his troops to retreat, since conventional tactics would have no effect.

Seeing his allies head towards the security guard Candon followed suit.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back