• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Push Notifications Available (Get Up On This!)

Star Army's forums now support push notifications!

So you've probably expereinced this where Star Army tries sending too many emails and our server decides to throw some away resulting in you not recieving a thread reply update email in your inbox like you were expecting. But now there's a new way to get notifications! Actual push notifications. Hell yeah. I had to fiddle with some PHP settings on our server (enabling the GMP extension) to make this work.

NOW, WITNESS THE POWER OF THIS FULLY ARMED AND OPERATIONAL NOTIFICATION SYSTEM.

Star-Wars-7-Rumor-Emperor-Returning.jpg

Unfortunately for reasons beyond XenForo's control (read: it's Apple's fault) the list of supported devices/browsers notably exclude Safari on macOS and any iOS-based browser. This functionality is made possible by making use of a number of APIs including the Push API and Notification API which most browsers support already (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Opera).

I hope you'll find this useful and PUSH IT REAL GOOD. Get up on this notification system!

For more information, see: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/push-notifications.154592/

RPG-D RPGfix
Back