• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Question you have probably heard.

It's like having a second, non-paying job with no days off...combined with having a puppy that I can't leave alone or it'll starve or at least crap all over my apartment. The worst part of the site is the group of assholes who constantly talk bad about me and/or the site yet still hang around instead of finding another place to cause drama. The second worst part of being an admin is people trying to shove their crappy uberweapons down my throat in the tech forum.

Being an admin or moderator (of any forum, not just here) is a responsibility and a workload...it's being a community member, role playing, and world building that make things worthwhile; I love my friends, the creativity, and watching the ongoing story unfold.

HA! Best description I have ever heard.

For the record Wes I love ya! Any body that is a star trek fan is a friend of mine(I also love far scape..and Babylon five...BSG...and my FAVORITE firefly/serenity<---bomb)

I do not really see the purpose of making UBER weapons anyway, my inventive ass figure out a way to counter that shit

(Worm hole weapons...that made my anus tense up when I read that thread over)

But I have been an admin on forums before, and it was always a hassle.But it does have its good days. I often try to limit my self to being a humble GM when ever I create RP plots though.

Wow not the answer I expected, but why do you do it Wes? Aside from the story you can not telll me that this forum that has been on going for ever eight years is not an accomplishment for you.

Id be proud.

Plus I mean you have rules in place to keep the assholes under wraps. For example Ira made a pretty well written race and got denyed because he needs to put his time in. simple shit like that gets filttered through

So if people wanna talk shit why not simply ban them, I was alwaays taught not to bight the hand that feeds you. Of course that is just one girl's opinion.

Oh TONY NO UBER WEAPONS

that meaans your can scratch your rip off Genisis torpedo thing you NERD

Meh, who needs super weapons when you have smaller more compact weapons that have multiple uses?

I only say this since I'm sure all of them have been done anyway, and possibly like infantry combat more.

Anyway...

I have done some side-moderation before, though being Gaia roleplay probably isn't saying as much.

And loved Wes's response! I think that's the most text I have seen on the forum thus far!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back