• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Questions about becoming a Yamataian

Xerena

Inactive Member
When someone (who is NOT a neko) "upgrades" to a Yamataian body:

1. Is she (or he) given basic familiarization with her new body?
Is she briefed on things like the strengths, weaknesses, abilities and limitations of the Yamataian body? Proper personal care and eating habits (for example, whether Yamataians are affected in the usual manner by alcohol, and if so, how much it takes)? Health and fitness information? Basic Yamataian first aid? Important differences from her old body?

2. Is she given, or does she need, any training in the use of the Yamataian's special abilities?
Telepathy - Someone who wasn't born a telepath may be unused to filtering out background signals, handling data streams, using encryption, controlling how far her messages go, etc.
Gravity Control - Someone suddenly acquires Yamataian gravity control abilities, and no training in using or controlling them... am I the only one who sees a potentially hazardous situation?

3. Are any of her existing skills or abilities affected?
Suppose she used to be a singer, actress, martial artist, swimmer, dancer, climber, pickpocket or acrobat? Would these and similar skills be affected by her new body? Could her singing voice be affected, or her acting skills, or her ability to lie convincingly? What about her balance, coordination and fine motor skills? Will she have to relearn how to swim, or how to wield a sword?

I assume her new body would not directly benefit or suffer from the level of strength and physical conditioning of her old body, or any species-specific traits (say, poison fangs, or unusual weakness to cold) not shared by Yamataians, but that isn't what I am talking about.

@ Doshii: This is directly relevant to my character, as she is a Yamataian who spent most of her life (from birth until very recently) as a Geshrin.

1. The basic familiarization is pretty natural, honestly. Most of the information that's really needed is loaded directly into the Yamataian's computerized brain. It does take some time to get used to it, but it's not something that takes years or even months.

2. She doesn't need any real training. The telepathy is, again, pre-loaded with directions.

3. Her existing skills wouldn't be really affected at all. She'd have them the same, unless she specifically requested some kind of change or enhancement.

1. Yes.

2. It's simple - Yamataian telepathy is basically like surfing the internet or using a cellphone, but built-in.

3. Only minor adjustment will be needed (since the two bodies are different).

I must point out, just for the record, that Yamataians can be male. Just wanted to put my two cents in. ^^

RPG-D RPGfix
Back