• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP Ragnarok: A New Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few blocks outside.
As gunfire began to light up the night, Rip D. Torr dropped the pretense of being someone just mosying down the block after parking their rental in a place that didn't look like he'd return to it on cinderblocks, and began to run as fast as his massive gate would allow him, pulling the mag-revolver out from his belt as he did so. "Arccos, don't mean to jog your elbow or anything, but what direction do you need me to come in on?" He flipped the wifi hardswitch on his implant, "Opening wifi connection to my eyes so you can upload the data you need me too, you should already have the encryption from the last day at the clinic," He was pretty sure she wouldn't repeat the last prank she'd played on him before they parted ways following her surgery... pretty sure... but he was also sure she'd keep his own system clean from interference if the locals were gonna try anything like that.

Warehouse, Skylights

"Cyrus, we have visual on three of the targets, one of which I think Ace has dealt with. No visuals on the female Lorath target yet." Rosemary relayed the information to Cyrus as she changed her focus towards the top Junkers while attempting cover herself from the incoming fire. The fire aimed up at her seemed to prevent her from taking free shots as she retreated to a peek-a-boo style of shooting.

"Ace, save the bodies of the targets, I'm not sure if the city would like confirmation of their deaths but it's better to be safe than sorry." She slowly squeezed the trigger of her rifle trying to clip the high value targets and prevent them from letting loose their heavy weapons on Ace and Scrabbler, though she knew very well they could turn the heavy weapons onto her. She was more afraid of the rounds striking Arccos than her however even though she seemed mostly covered.

"And Arccos, the targets are down there with heavy weaponry, I'd say be cautious of incoming fire."

Warehouse, Ventilation System
Tomblyn, still on all fours, stopped when he heard another voice that was with Corgan. This entire time, he thought that Corgan was just talking through intercoms with other people. This changed the game for the Helashio. What if both of them were of the opposing team? How was he supposed to know this? He was given very little information and details on who was on their side or what he was supposed to do after he searched the place.
He was beginning to fear that maybe he really was going to die, and not the original thought of I might die.
Nonetheless, he continued to crawl. Life pretty much sucked for him, so it was a win-win for him, whether he died or survived.

Outside

Malakia heard someone pounding the ice covered pavement behind her, she scooted between a few vehicles, hoping that whomever was running in her direction wasn't a hostile. She switched out power cells to her service weapon, from habit alone guiding her movements. She peeked back to see who was charging into the fray, seeing another gung-ho commando approaching the Warehouse that contained a gun-battle going on within it. She watched, letting Rip T. Dor run pass her. He even so much started to point his weapon at her, she was going to shoot him and empty her powercell into him.

Locker Room

On Cyrus's order, Corgan simply hammered the grate with his metal fist and it fell to the ground with a clang. The sounds of battle would keep anyone from noticing unless they were actually in the room. He dropped down into the locker room, landing on his feet and managing to stay upright. A quick look around proved he was alone. "Come on down boss." He called up as he looked around.

His eyes moved straight to the grenades. "They really shouldn't leave this shit lying around like this." The Nepleslian said, shaking his head. "Lucky for us they're idiots, though." He stuffed a couple frag grenades in his empty pocket. He took a look at the assortment of guns hoping for a 12 gauge, preferably a CQBS-A2. The M3 on his back was a good mid-range weapon, but something for close quarters would be helpful too.

Warehouse Locker Room

Cyrus followed corgan down from the ceiling and landed with a thud. "Shit... They really need to watch where they leave their stuff." Cyrus said as he drew his revolvers. He locked across the pile of guns and found a CQBS-A2. He picked it up and looked to Corgan. "Hey big man, catch." He said throwing the gun to him. He moved to the exit and looked to the pair who dropped from the ceiling. "Let's move boys." He said kicking open the door and moving into the main hall where he saw the chaos going on.

Warehouse Floor

Ace tried to stab the Kodian, but Ace only sunk his blade into the big behemoth's shoulder. It whipped around and punched Ace as he tried to turn around and pick a new target. "I am your enemy puny man." He said roaring at Ace. Charging head long into him.

Clay and Tyrone fired their weapons across the room at the two targets; Ace and Scrabler. They fired their weapons moving quickly in on their targets, with a surge of thugs. All of them fueled with a new sense of purpose as they see their leaders heading into combat. They had to take cover however as they started to receive fire from the ceiling. Clay turned his weapon on Rose and began firing.

Cyrus drew his weapons and began firing off rounds at the surging enemy. He struck a few of them and the horde split in two. Half kept moving towards Ace and Scrabler, the other half moving towards the new group coming from their armory. Cyrus ducked behind cover and began covering fire. "Everyone pick your targets carefully!" He called blasting another man in the chest.

As the battle raged, the final target emerged. The Lorath, Garza, was wielding a heavy machine gun and began unloading on Cyrus. "Why have you not killed these damn fools yet!" She called as her gun rapt out its loud and steady report.

Well, things have gone down the tube pretty fast... What will they do?

Warehouse Floor
"Oh you're feisty aren't you?" Ace jabbed his knife at the Kodian again as a fake as he whipped out one of his PIMPs and unloaded a clip point blank into the beast. "If your still alive then do yourself a favor and don't get up." Ace then turned his attention to the large Lorath. "That's a big gun. Hey Boss can I take the Lorath I think I'm done with my old pal already." Ace then holstered his weapons and pulled out his rifle and fired a volley at the Lorath. "Oy! Scrabler swap to an acid spray and try to slow those other two down or get these numbers down."

Corgan caught the shotgun and grinned. "That is just what I was looking for. Been missing my Auto Twelve. Left it on the Ragnachopper." He said as he followed Cyrus into the chaos.

The first thing he did was dive into cover. When he poked his head out, he noticed Clay was shooting at the girls on the roof, his instincts to try to protect females kicked in. "Cyrus, think you can handle the crazy Lorath chick? That jackass shooting at the ladies is really pissing me off." He yelled to Cyrus. Not that he was going to actually wait for confirmation.

He smirked when he remembered the two grenades in his pocket. "Anyone near Clay and Tyrone, take cover." He said into his comms device. The distance to Tyrone and Clay's choice of cover wasn't too far, and Corgan had a pretty good throwing arm. He pulled out one of the grenades and set it to detonate on impact.

"You guys really need to keep your equipment locked up." He shouted at the gang leaders. Before they had a chance to figure out what he meant, he popped out of cover and threw the grenade at Tyrone and Clay.

Warehouse, Skylights

Just as Rose received incoming fire from Clay, Rose attempted to immediately retreat away from the skylights in order to avoid being hit. Circling around the perimeter of the skylights, Rosemary believed that she could mitigate the amount of fire she would be receiving if she could fire from different positions every so often.

She continued to provide over-watch for everyone down inside the warehouse. Though she wished she had a set of grenades to toss down as well once she caught sight of Corgan tossing one.

Warehouse, Floor
Half way to the Lorath Ace made a sharp change in his direction and made a beeline for Clay. "Boss I'll get one of the speedsters so I need someone to get the other." Ace tackled Clay and sent him to the other side of the cover he was behind and put Clay between him and the grenade to help lessen the blow more for him. Ace than proceed to straddle Clay and beat the hell out of him getting reward with what he thought was the feeling of bones breaking.

:: Outside ::

Malakia shook her head as the whole ware house sounded like popcorn with the occasional boom thrown in. Off in the distance she could hear the sirens of emergency vehicles along with what passed for a police force, slowly getting louder.

Warehouse...

The warehouse looked like a a scorched battle ground. Dead bodies laid everywhere from the combined attacks of the overhead snipers, the flanking Cyrus, Corgan and Tomblyn, and the headlong attack by Ace and Scrabbler. Most of the enemy thugs were routed and running with their tails between their legs. The few that remained watched as their Kodian leader was cut down. Then The next was Tyrone, the Half ID-SOL who had been caught off guard by Corgan's grenade. The Lorath, Garza, hissed "I am going to make you pay for that you welps."

Clay turned Ace's hold and flipped the man onto his back and began squeezing the life out of him. "Shouldn't have tried taking on a martial arts expert all on your own..." He said camly, as if speaking to a student. "Your form was sloppy..." He said as he continued to hold him in a strangle hold.

Cyrus dashed out of cover and drew his revolvers. He fired a shot that wizzed so close to Clay's cheek that it nicked his perfect skin. "I will give you two a choice. Surrender now. Your men are dead or running. We have destroyed you defenses, If you don't drop your weapons, we will put you down. Your choice Garza." He said a revolver leveled at each of their heads. Clay looked to Garza and Garza looked back. They nodded to each other and looked to Cyrus. "You are going to have to kill us." Garza said as they turned their weapons on Cyrus and fired.

Cyrus dove for cover, but wasn't fast enough and took a bullet to his arm. He tried to bend his metal arm, only to find that she had buried the bullet deep in the arm. It wouldn't respond to any of Cyrus's commands. He cursed and began firing back with his one good arm. "Finish these fuckers off!" He called as he laid more suppressive fire.

Last edited:
Warehouse
Ace was surprisingly calm for someone who was being strangled this was because it wasn't his first time. Ace just pulled out one of his vibro-blades and stabbed Clay in his shoulder and dragged it to mangle his shooting arm. "You...forgot...to...pin...my...arms."

Warehouse Floor

Corgan poked his head out long enough to see that Tyrone was in pieces all over the floor. The enemy was mostly routed except for the most loyal. Cyrus had his revolvers on both leaders. He started to climb out from behind the crates he was using for cover. Then the gunfire started again and he dropped to the ground again. It seemed to Corgan like they were all so focused on Cyrus that he could sneak around and flank the Lorath woman. There wasn't much cover in that direction, though, which would make it extremely risky. A large gap stood between him and some sort of machinery that could be used as cover. From this position, he couldn't get a good shot.

He took a deep breath and prepared to run across the gap. Then he remembered the other grenade he had picked up. He pulled it out of his pocket and pulled the pin, tossing it towards Garza as a distraction. As soon as the grenade left his hand he sprinted across the gap, sliding into cover. If successful, he was behind her and close enough to hit with his shotgun. He didn't hesitate to use his new position. Corgan stood up and opened fire on Garza.

Warehouse
Ace rolled Clay off of him in time to see Corgan sprint across the floor. "Don't worry bud I'll keep her back to you." Ace stood up though still wobbly and began to run around the Warehouse taking potshots at Garza. "For someone with such a big gun you aren't hitting much are you? So much for this being a fun fight against strong gang bosses. You can prove me wrong if you can just hit me though I doubt it." Ace hoped that he was being aggravating enough to put Garza's attention on him and off Cyrus.

Warehouse, Skylights

Rosemary was more than happy to comply with Cyrus's orders to end the gangsters. She unloaded whatever was left within her magazine before fishing out a fresh one to load in. Rose concentrated most of her fire upon Garza intent on eliminating her first as she seems to be the most threatening between her and Clay. Her mind was mostly occupied with thoughts of ending the gang leaders quickly as to go back home and shower, along with receiving her fair share of the contract pay.

Arccos just sort of sat there on the rooftop. The fighting below long since being centered anywhere but from her. She'd done her part, gotten floor plans and information. She kept monitoring traffic conditions to make sure no backup could get there at speed from elsewhere in the city, and kept herself positioned behind cover with a good view of roof access so she could shoot anyone coming up the stairs. She was tech support and electronic warfare after all. Not front line duty.

General boring stuff. Oh yeah, Rip.

The good doctor found himself watching as an arrow in his field of vision pointed the way towards the firefight at large. Glowing instructions in big friendly letters explained:

"No casualties yet. Feel free to hang back to stablise anyone we want kept alive. But make yourself known."

Warehouse

In that instant, there was a cacophony of sound as gunfire erupted, and Corgan's grenade exploded. As the dust settled, Cyrus stood and padded over to the last location of the gang members to find what used to be their targets.

"Well, they did say dead or alive..." He muttered. "We are clear guys!" He called as he moved with the rest of his team and they secured the building. They swept the warehouse and cleared it out, leaving what was still there as evidence.

Once the police arrived and Cyrus showed his credentials, he was shown to the chief of police who scolded the Merc leader for tearing up their city, then paid them for the deaths of the gang members.

The Ragnarock crew assembled outside of the warehouse to have a talk with the chief of police. "You all can keep what you have on you, but everything that is still here is now the property of the police. Thank you for taking these low life off the streets." The chief said to the assembled mercs as they reported for their debrief.

Cyrus moved and stood before them. "Alright guys, job well done. Your payment will be submitted after we pay for the damages we caused. Now let's get on the helo and let's burn sky till we see lines." He said turning and moving back to the local spaceport.

Warehouse

The hand-grenade that Corgan threw caused Rosemary to slightly shield herself from the edge of the skylight. She found herself looking back down into the warehouse again after hearing the all-clear from Cyrus himself. Rosemary sauntered around the warehouse roof for a little while longer to ensure that no other possible threat was still lurking from underneath before reconnecting with Cyrus and the others on the ground floor for a sweep.

The job was finally finished, and as she walked along with the others, she felt the thrill of the firefight run its final course through her only to be replaced with the eagerness to receive her fair cut. She'd be lying if she said she didn't enjoy what she felt at the moment.

Warehouse

Ace walked out rubbing his neck. "That was a bit harder than I thought it'd be, but it was still fun. So what's the next thing on our list?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back