• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Character Raphael Castiel

I was thinking it might help if we broke the history down on a timeline, and the Gunhand can place/move his live events around on it as needed:

YE 16: Raphael is born. The Third Elysian War begins. Somewhere during the war, Raphael's family moves to Planet Nepleslia to escape of fighting on Planet Yamatai. At some point his dad joined the military for the Empire, which at the time was called the Army of Uesureya.

YE 18: most Elysian territory was in such ruined condition that the populace made an exodus to New Elysia and started the Elysian Celestial Empire

YE 21: The Star Army of Yamatai is formed.

YE 23: Fourth Elysian War starts (Elysian Celestial Empire vs. Yamatai Star Empire, which included Nepleslia). Raph is 7. Sometime during this war his father is killed.

YE 25: Fourth Elysian War Ends. Raph is 9.

YE 26: First Mishhu War starts

YE 28: Nepleslia achieves independence from Yamatai. The Star Army of Nepleslia is formed.

YE 29: Nepleslia is at war with the Reds for control of the Nepleslian Empire - Raphael is 13 - Second Mishhu War ends

YE 30: The Nepelslian Star Empire becomes the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia. The SAoN becomes the NSMC (Marines) and the NSN (Navy).

YE 31: The Second Mishhuvurthyar War starts - Raph is 15

YE 34: 2nd Mishhu War ends - Raph is 18 - His mom disappears around this time. Raph joins the Marines.

YE 37: Present day. After a 3 year stint in the NSMC, Raph becomes independent.

My: suggestions: Have his dad join the military in YE 21 or 22 to be part of the Star Army, and then unexpectedly dragged into the war against his own people in YE 23.

The history looks chronologically solid to me. Thanks again for being flexible and making it work with the setting's (sometimes confusing) history.

Not to throw a wrench in anyone's machine or anything, but does this mean FT6 is going to get the "not canon" label thrown on it or be retcon'd?

By no means. GMs can always ask that a character applying to their plot be altered or updated in some way, but that doesn't mean anything else needs to be changed.

I ask because the revamped history no longer includes anything to do with the RP that the aforementioned character has been a part of. Just wanted to be clear.

It would be nice if we could squeeze his FT6 RP into the last part of his history somehow.

Unless you'd like to ask your involvement in the FT6 plot be retroactively removed, yes, it needs to be included somewhere, especially because it's a plot, not just something you're writing into the history.

You can grab it from the old revisions of the page to avoid rewriting it.

Edit: I didn't see anything in there mentioning Field Team Six, it was all Pre-RP.

With everything we discussed in PM set, and everything done...

I now pronounce this Approved

RPG-D RPGfix
Back