• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Rejected Character Ray Florian

Flesh Hound

Inactive Member
Name: Ray Florian

General Information

Species: Nepleslian

Family (or Creators):
Father: Steve Florian (alive)
Stepfather: Will Smith (alive)
Mother: Lora Smith (alive)
Younger Brother: Josh Florian (alive)
Sister: Rose Florian (the youngest and still alive)

Employer: Ygg with ken
Current Assignment:

Physical Characteristics

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 145 lb.

Build and Skin Color: Ray is very muscular with pale white skin.
Facial Features and Eye Color: Ray has brown eyes.
Hair color and Style: Ray has long brown oily hair.

Distinguishing Features:
He wears glasses and often forgets to shave so he looks somewhat rugged. Ray also has a stiff eye gaze rather than eye contact. Also he is colorblind and is often bothered by sounds or lights no one else seems to hear or see. Ray often has difficulty remembering the date (day, month and year) and is usually seen holding his left side in pain for he has kidney stones. He was diagnosed with seizures known as epilepsy although at the age of six he went through surgery for an implant called a vagus nerve stimulator. This prevents him from having any seizures. The implant is located just under his left collarbone showing as a huge scar from his neck reaching across his chest.
Author: There is such a thing called a vagus nerve stimulator if you have seizures you may want to look into this. I will help you any way I can. (Doctor, hospital you name it.) Most people with this device don't need medication. I have read an article of a man that had a lethal seizure. (His lunges collapsed and heart ruptured.) Don't let this be you.

Psychological Characteristics

Personality:
He has a calm personality and is only agitated when provoked. Ray has a grate sense of pride for his work and feels ashamed of himself when he makes a mistake or when he is late. Ray has asperger's syndrome also known as autism. Ray is very lonely yet strangely happy like this. He often finds the world a confusing place and can repeatedly focus on small details and fail to see the overall picture of what is happening. He frequently talks incessantly without knowing the boredom of the listener. Has poor social skills and also has difficulties in forming conversations. (He never calls his grandparents.) Ray can not read social cues and lacks the desire to share personal information and experiences with others. Although he is disabled he is so full of pride that the last thing he would do is go on a disability claim.

Likes: His interests are wrestling, coaching and working out.
Dislikes: Will not tolerate interruptions or disrespect. Because of his condition he is prohibited to use any alcohol or dairy products.
Goals: His goal is to be a professional wrestler or a wrestling coach and to overcome his disabilities.

History

His birth was very complicated and he was close to death. The day he was born into this world his uncle died in a motorcycle accident while trying to get to the hospital. While at the age of five his parents divorced. When he was six his mother married his stepfather. Also at this point in time, he was given an implant unfortunately the battery life was limited and only lasts for seven years. (He has had surgery twice and is do next year.) He started wrestling at his high school at the age of fourteen, and while eighteen he was drafted in to the military. While nineteen he deserted the army and went rogue. This forced him to become a mercenary to avoid the military police.

Skills:

Asperger's: Ray has rote memory (Learning information without understanding.) this can be a strength or weakness. He is skillful in math at an unnatural level yet he can't spell correctly.

Colorblind: He can see camouflage (For example a cowboy would look green, yellow and purple.) yet black and white print is somewhat difficult.

Fighting and Physical: Ray wrestled for four years in high school and was state champ for two years. He was also given weapons training within the military.

Survival: Ray learned land navigation, shelter construction and hunting while in military training.

Driving: The law clearly states that you are unable to drive if you have had a seizure within the past four years. Knowing this Ray is a very careful driver and has never broken the law.

Construction: Ray learned carpentry from working with his stepfather. (door installing, roofing, tile and cabinets)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I have Asperger's and VERY high functioning Autism, but lack seizures...my younger sister got those in spades, though, and they can happen in many different situations, from illness to physical trauma. There isn't just one illness that allows seizures.

Anyway, as for the character, he will certainly have some weaknesses and strengths, but personally, I still think he has potential as a character. The issue is for him to find his niche.

OsakanOne said:
His dad said that from being about 2, he was highly receptive to games of any kind and quickly picked up flight-sims. By the time he was 12, before he attended secondary school and with simple aid from his father he was flying a simulated F18 into missions

Interesting I may have found the characters niche

Flesh Hound said:
Asperger's: Ray has rote memory (Learning information without understanding.)

The character may know how to pilot a ship if he were introduced to one. (He trained in the military not the air force so he has never trained in a flight simulator.) His job can probably be copilot sins he would just be starting to learn.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back