• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Re: Akamatsu Yoritoki

Jadg Wolf

Inactive Member
Do you really think you need all that stuff? It seems like you copied and pasted half the catalogue. And the history and goals are sort of screwed up since peace has been achieved with the angels already.

Everyone knows my opinion on pre-made histories : it's better to have actually role-played your history out rather than just writing about how he's done important stuff. It's not really a big deal in this case, I guess, but I thought the angels were done.

Welcome.

I just pegged him for being another racist Geshrin. Most them don't like the Elysians.

I suppose, but saving a group of people from an angel attack sounds weird. But that could have been before peace was established, so all right.

Some allowances should be made on common sense. He's not going to be able to lug all five of his guns around at the same time, even while on a mission. So I guess it's all right. He wouldn't be the only YSA personnel keeping a personal armory.

Yoritoki, you don't have to keep a detailed inventory unless you want to. We are pretty lax on that aspect around here. Most equip would be provided on a mission-to-mission basis. I think.

Just... don't mistreat any of the Elysians walking around. That would be a bad idea.

-OOC-
bah... just be thankful only the WickedArms catalogue contains products within my percieved price range (<10000KS) :p

bio updated - character now wants to destroy the Mishhuvurthyar Oo

(tell me if this is wrong... and who the GSA are fighting currently if it IS wrong)

Actually, I think the old starting credit was 3000 KS. Again, we are pretty lax on keeping track of equip around here.

please note that i did say Yori has been in the GSA for five years... i think the KS accumulated from that should be enough to buy a few grenades, guns and ammunition for them at the rank of Soldier first class...

heh... i notice nobody here seems to buy anything or own anything except what they start with or are given... what happened to wages? ^^

communism is good so long as there is enough to share... and it messes up everything if it gets displaced by a capitalist ruling system

-OOC-

anyhoo, i gtg (00:40, thats 12:40am to you twelve hour clockers :D )

It's just one of the many perks of being a soldier in a militaristic society. ^_^ (Wait until you see the health plan.)

uh... health plan?... does it include assault courses, combat training etc?
~_~

-OOC-

damn... no matter where i post on any board i've ever used, i always get a hell of a load of replies Oo

oh well... it brings up the number of posts here ^^

Have you ever seen "The 6th Day", starring Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger? That's pretty much the health plan. :)

On a side note, I think the KS wage system (currently defunct) is mostly there so that soldiers can still shop in civilian areas.

Good night.

err... 6th day... hmm... so you get chased by a bunch of random killers who get replicated by a big corporation when they die? or you ARE the killers? :p

*touches finger to nose*

Actually, I don't know much about the technology myself. Ask Wes about "ST tech". It's pretty much the worse-kept "secret" in this RP universe. :)

i think i know about ST technology already... it's a way of saving memories, personality traits etc on a computer so you can be uploaded to a new body in case you die in action or in caser you're old and want a new body :p

That's pretty much it. Although, if you believe the Elysians, the person's soul is transferred to the new body as well. I think that's why some NPCs refuse to use the technology, for religious reasons, as some religions might frown on that kind of thing.

The memory files degrade in validity and precision rapidly. Those revived with back-ups that are too out-of-date suffers from serious, permanent mental consequences. That's why it's a good idea to do a back-up right before a mission.

The files are kept only on the ship that the soldier serves on, perhaps to better motivate the crew to protect the ship. We lose some good officers that way, though. Most captains willingly go down with their ships, trying to buy their crew as much time as possible to get to the escape pods.

Me sleep now...

bah... escape pods are pretty useless - they are easily picked off and can't have heavy armour because of the number on board the main ship and because of their own space requirements...

oh and the other reason why you need to take an ST update before a mission is because if you didn't, the memories and traits that were uploaded to your new body would be out of date Oo (clone an old version of yourself and talk to them, see how much you've changed :p )

In a real battle though, the enemy will be concentrating fire on bigger threats than escape pods. Most of them would be headed to the nearest friendly (hopefully not as badly damaged) ship, which is a short trip.

Most of the enemy civilizations would rather capture live neko soldiers. The neko genome is one of the most fiercely kept secrets of the Empire. The neko body is set to immediately self-destruct when probed at the genetic level. That doesn't seem to stop people from trying, however.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back