• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Re: Moving/Deleting Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadg Wolf

Inactive Member
Why, Wes? I'm not just concerned because I wasted my time writing a reply no one would get to read. I'm concerned because I think the sentiments have been boiling under the surface for years and have hardly ever been confronted. It's obviously on some people's minds. Let it be discussed.

Or give me a good reason why it shouldn't be.

The same reason these things are never discussed in public -- fear of alienating or turning off new players by airing dirty laundry. *shrugs* Only reason I know of.

I foresaw a response along those lines. Honestly, I can sort of see where it comes from but I don't think much of just reverting to that as an excuse to move or delete anything that concerns something bad about this site. To be frank, I'd rather participate in a community that acknowledges and works to solve problems instead of ignoring them or stopping any discussion about them. I understand that someone might not get the best impression, but I really don't think a friendly discussion about something that should be addressed anyway would turn away any potential players, as long as it doesn't degenerate into mindless flaming.

It seems like people are trying to move on, which would be great in any other case, but I think this'll come up again.

The discussions are in the staff and/or GM forums.

Shutting the public out wouldn't really accomplish much, but there are a large number of people with access to those forum(s) I suppose. I did want a response from FM though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back