• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP Reactivated Side Mission: Shaping a New Aegis

Commissar Farzi

🎖️ Game Master
RP Date
YE 44
RP Location
Sandraker
Steiner was currently delving through data he'd retrieved from his black box; much of it was well over a century old, but it was a veritable treasure trove of technical data-combined with all the data on manufacturing techniques that were available to the public had led him to some unique insights-particularly in the realm of miniaturization technologies. While they had access to it, the Mule was wholly inefficient for fighting the Gribbly's armored units-often requiring them to dogpile it. The only real options they had were armored units-which were not always available, mechs could be outmaneuvered if not supported, and infantry-even with heavy weapons it was touch and go. Attrition would eventually take its toll-so it fell to him, and by extension his smiths, to see to this. His efforts had not gone unrewarded; the data from an old experimental power armor that had been meant to replace the venerable Dragoon.

At the moment, sitting in front of him having been freshly manufactured from his warden's nanolathes was an environmental undersuit laced with an electrode system-along with the servo units and armor to form the necessary suit, along with what seemed to be a heavier version of the servo system, and two far larger units; one resembling an egg with digitigrade legs and overlong arms and the other was a large box machine, almost barrel-chested and with a canopy of sorts with the faceplate attached to it and lifted upwards. Satisfied with his work, the Mechanoid considered who he'd have assisting him with the testing...a certain fox-morph came to mind. Likely she'd be grateful for the work as for the most part during her tenure with the company had seen her mostly doing busy work and routine maintenance.

"Smith Auli'il-report to the Central Gantry." He called over the comms.

----

Morris overheard the transmission and shook his head, peering through his spyglass over the blasted landscape from his position in the trenchline. The big man wondering what the kid had done to warrant the grandmaster's attention, before shrugging and returning to his watch. 'Good luck fuzzball,' he thought, 'you're gonna need it.'

Auli'i sighed heavily as she extricated herself from the cramped ventilation shaft, her fox anthro form now smudged with the residue of toxic dust. With practiced efficiency, she shed the makeshift outfit she had worn for the task and slipped back into her standard-issue Iron Company uniform. It was a routine she knew well, having grown up amidst the clangorous bustle of the Iron Company under the watchful eye of her adoptive father, Morris. Assigned to menial tasks like vent cleaning, vehicle repairs, and occasional septic system maintenance, Auli'i often felt the weight of unremarkable chores that seemed to define her existence within the company. Despite her yearning for more meaningful assignments, she remained silent, determined to prove herself through actions rather than words.

Ever since witnessing her adoptive mother, Tacho, command her formidable Norian Power Armor, a spark of ambition had ignited within Auli'i. She harbored a secret desire to one day wield such technology herself, though she never dared to voice this aspiration aloud. As she glanced down at her task pad, contemplating the next mundane duty awaiting her, a booming voice shattered her reverie. It was Grandmaster Steiner, whom Auli'i affectionately referred to as "grandpa" in her thoughts, summoning her urgently to the Central Gantry.

Gasping with a mix of excitement and apprehension, Auli'i wasted no time, her digitigrade feet propelling her swiftly through the labyrinthine corridors of the Iron Company base. Each step resonated with determination, her heart pounding with the hope that this summons might finally mark the beginning of something greater. “I swear, if that fucker, Revjack had come up with some fucking lie, to get me into trouble….” Auli’I muttered to herself as she moved to where she was summoned. Soon she arrived. ‘Sir! Smith Auli’I reporting as ordered!” The Fox Anthro said.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back