• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Senate: Passed refiling #68 - Request for admission into the Empire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cora

Inactive Member
Proposal #68 (2)
Request for admission into the Empire

Purpose:

1. To refile my previous request that the Fenyaro people be deemed Imperial citizens. I have made no modification to the provisional requests due to no major motions for a rewrite. As such, they are relisted below.

Prpposal:

1. The Fenyar government wishes to remain autonomous. We will adhere to Imperial rulings, but otherwise we would like to self govern our people.

2. The Fenyar government would also like to keep our system of commerce. Exchange rates would be issued and proper trade locations would be added.

3. The Fenyar government, due to issues best left silent, would like to request a ban on Imperial technology from being allowed on Fenyaro soil. Excluding the means of transit on and off the planet.

I would like to add that these provisions and the request itself would not require that Bill #66 - Proposal for Low Tech Relations with Planet Fenyar be either reworded or nullified.

Again I thank you for your time and I will be waiting for your responce.

As does Hoshi no Iori.

I vote no. It's like you want to be Imperial citizens but be treated differently. What exactly is the point of you joining the Empire?

Motion to end.

4. Voters may make a motion. In order for a motion to be successful, it must be seconded and unchallenged. Motions include:
-Motion to extend: Extends voting period by 24 hours.
-Motion to end: Ends the voting period if at least five people have voted.

Only four people have voted so you can't make a motion to end.

. A voter may vote YES, NO, or ABSTAIN, and may make comments or suggestions of improvements to the proposal, which may be utilized in a modified resubmission, or for a motion to change. A voter may also comment on the need for future proposals to supplement the proposal being voted on. Only direct statements about the vote will be counted when votes are tallied.
Quote:
Example Votes:
"I vote yes."
"YES." (In caps)
"[Planet] supports this proposal."

Examples of what will not be counted:
"I'd be for this if..."
"I don't like this proposal..."
"I'm for this"

You may vote YES NO or ABSTAIN. you can't vote for so Tom and Wes's vote don't count. That means Ty, Wolf, Yangfan, and Cora are the only people to have voted. With only four voters a motion to end can't be brought forth.

Motion Seconded; Voting is now closed.

Original motion WAS valid (but voting was closed by seconding the second moion to close) and had [exactly] the 5 votes required, and all votes did count because they were clear, "direct statements" as outlined in Decree 15).

YES Votes: 5
Fenyar (Cora)
Nataria (Thomas)
Hoshi No Iori (Wes)
Ohara (Yangfan)
Nepleslia (Matt)

NO Votes: 2
Gashmere (Tyler)
Xyainbor (Thad)

This proposal passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.