• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Reg's Art Pit

I can dig this. I like the Spacer, especially - she looks intimidating.

Now, don't feel offended - but the reason I think she's so fearsome is that she reminds me of Trancy Mick's Rain Silves. I was given such a swift reminder by the look in your spacer's eyes.

http://macrochan.org/get.py?sha1=3MN6IC ... SDLFGQMMTZ

That means I know that if I see that character, I'd better run, or I'll get perforated twenty ways to Tuesday.

Great work - I'd love to see more.

You have an interesting art style...a distinctive one that feels like it will be a good fit with the Freespacers.

I feel like I've seen it or something similar before, though. Do you have someone's work that you emulate or study?

Hey, swanky art style! You pull off 'crazy' and 'quirky' just right in your faces and posture, and I love your stylization.

Ha, thanks for the praise guys. Around proper manga forums I barely get a bite at all.

I intentionaly try to have an original style, but being honest I think there is a lot of FLCL, Guilty Gear, a little bit of Gantz and whole chunks of the Battle Angel Allita manga mixed in.

...As for looking like Anenome from Eureka Seven, she was a badass nutcase so I'm fine with that. But as for looking like Rain... I have seen admitedly seen that thing around the chans, so I'd hate to think what that says about my subconsious. u>_>

A person with a very big ego whom I respected very much once said that artists are worshiped on RP sites.

Wow, some pretty awesome stuff, Reg. I don't suppose you might be interested in an art trade of some kind? Exhack and I have been having trouble putting together a good picture of a pair of characters that would be perfect for your style.

Exhack said:
A person with a very big ego whom I respected very much once said that artists are worshiped on RP sites.

You haven't seen the unholy legions that follow around certain people on art sites...

I don't suppose you might be interested in an art trade of some kind?

Erm, sure, I don't see why not. I still need a Neppie uniformed version of Scarlet, so... erm... PMificate me with details, dude.

Awesome art, I must say. I still haven't figured out how you artists do it... ^^;; Well, good luck and happy days!

Your art is a most epic brand of win, Regantor. It's Video Game Concept-Art level art, and I don't think I've seen a Freespacer looking crazier or more angry than that one.

Regantor said:
FLCL...and whole chunks of the Battle Angel Allita manga.
Bingo! That's what it was! The self-portrait (?) Has the same stretched-perspective as FLCL and something about Scarlet reminds me of Alita (or one of the characters...maybe the crazy clones she fights later in the series?). Good choices : )

But as for looking like Rain... I have seen admitedly seen that thing around the chans, so I'd hate to think what that says about my subconsious. u>_>
I googled, I read, I looked at a couple of pictures, and I don't see the resemblance...

MissingNo said:
Bingo! That's what it was! The self-portrait (?) Has the same stretched-perspective as FLCL and something about Scarlet reminds me of Alita (or one of the characters...maybe the crazy clones she fights later in the series?). Good choices : )

Secks. She's got the look of Secks.

Ha, yeah, even if Secks looks like a man, it's definately there. Again, don't mind since Secks is badass. :>

Also, cheers Cipher and Fay. I really appreciate it, I just don't like replying empty-handed.

New Alien/ZOEish mecha;

ath09.deviantart.com_fs45_300W_f_2009_100_4_f_Insect_Overlords_by_Regantor.jpg
((Click for big version))

I'm currently working on a trade with Revolver, too.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back