• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP Remnant of Years Past

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
Ketsurui-Motoyoshi Estate, Kyoto
Orchid Gardens

Public Appearances? That didn't happen, yet.
Katsuko tucked her blue strands back over her shoulders, the high strung tight pony-tail designs of the past had been left to the uptight reigns of a command that had sunk into some kind of silence. Dimitive features portrayed the same regal demeanor regardless, the pangs of regrets and embarrassments had finally sunk into the smoke of the past. It was time to stop flying a desk at Command. The Taisho needed to break from the seclusion, needed something other than the light of the desk lamp.

Katsuko plucked a morsel of bread from the bag and pitched it into the pond for the swans. The scent of the spring cherry blossoms filled her senses with a sense of refreshment and renewal.

"You look...consumed." Misato said, the Chujo had stood behind the Taisho in silence - watched what appeared to be the obvious realizations of a woman who had been put through the fires of command and life more-so than what was deserved or even desired. Experience however had made her strong, made them all strong. Surely by now the stigma of the Motoyoshi traitors had left them, Katsuko still clung to the Ketsurui, not that it was a bad thing - her fingers traced back through the blue threads of Katsuko's hair as she pressed her form against hers.

Katsuko let out a sigh as Misato tried to bring her comfort. "I just. I can't hide anymore Misato - I'm not a youngling, I'm not some wet behind the ears cadet. I'm supposed to be a Taisho, and I figure if I don't do something...anything...soon, even the graces of Yui won't hold me in this pattern of seclusion." she reached and grasped for Misato's hand and pulled it away from her body, yet still held it within her grip.

Misato smiled slightly, her ears twitched as she spoke. "Then I guess you need to do something about it." she said, then diverted her eyes towards one of the blossoms that had unfurled after the latest watering. "A stubborn Taisho I once served, taught me that nothing happens without personal action...You can have all the aspirations and dreams but if you're unwilling to reach for them - you get nothing." she tossed the Taisho's own words back at her.

Katsuko giggled in amusement. "Sounds like someone who was flying by the seat of their pants and accidentally landed on something philosophical." she took another deep breath of the nectar kissed air. There was plenty to do, if she could find the will to do it.

You wait all your life...To be something more...

We're made, to be relentless...to serve Yamatai, to reach for something greater...

I did it before...I can do it again...

Star Army Command
Offices of Taisho Yui

Command white, brilliantly hugged beneath her majesties navy. Polished belt buckle, sidearm rested against her hip. It was a display of regulation, of pride and for some it was all they knew. Medals hung in ornate fashion, awarded for action that was far too much in the past to sit in comfort with. It was time for the Taisho to rise to the occasion again. The lift doors closed with a hydraulic hiss, and the ascent towards Yui's Office began. Blue hair drawn back in a tight elevated ponytail, a serious resolve hung upon the narrow-gauge of Katsuko's features. It had been years since she had spoken to Yui directly, a series of passing messages, a nod in a corridor. They had been friends, sisters-in-arms, family for how long? It all needed to change, it was not just a new purpose she had come seeking - it was life, her idea of life anyway, back. Flying a desk at command was not going to be the rest of her life. The YSS Densetsu was ready, repairs and refit orders completed. Angelica's trail had went cold, regardless she was still out there - her offspring were still out there.

The lift doors parted and Katsuko emerged into the outer office, she headed to the receptionist's desk. "Ketsurui-Motoyoshi, Taisho...to see Taisho Yui." she stated then took a seat in one of the waiting chairs. A brief second, a flip of a cosmetic's mirror she checked the discrete blue and frosted plum hues of her makeup and then slipped the mirror back into her pocket. For some reason it was like she was starting all over again. She waited for the Taisho's call.

Star Army Command
Yui's Office

Soon an aide softly informed Katsuko that the head admiral was ready and she was shown into Yui's office, which was decorated in dark wood paneling and red velvet carpeting and curtains, and a great many paintings and souvenirs on the walls. "Katsuko!" Yui greeted "How've you been? Are you looking to get the Seventh Fleet back into the action?"

A small, almost smitten smile stretched the edges of Katsuko's lips upwards. Yui's informal address made her feel comfortable - this wasn't going to be some cold command conversation afterall. She briefly admired the finely decorated office; the places Yui had experienced in her life were amazing; if anything the Head Taisho had the life to which all Nekovalkyrja aspired. "I've been good, How about you? It has been far too long." The smile never faded, Yui offered optimism, something Katsuko had always admired.

"Yes I think it is time for me to get back out there."
Katsuko replied. "I wish to serve the Empire again...Is there a role that the Seventh Fleet can play in the current deployment strategy?" Katsuko was hopeful, a silent almost afterthought that hopefully someone or some crew had picked up some kind of clue about Angelica, either way no matter the mission, anything was better than sitting at the desk.

Yui paused a while to consider. "I would like your fleet to become take on a sort of ambassador role. You have a lot of experience with dealing with other nations, and your fleet is highly mobile. So I need you to respond to various international issues that are popping up, especially where we're encountering new nations and new species. Do you remember the old days when we were constantly running into new factions and we explored and expanded. You could be the one to bring those glories back. Is this something you're interested in? If so, I have some specific missions in mind."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back