• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Renaming Planets!

Sigma

Inactive Member
To all Citizens of the Imperium,

Following the conquest of several planets in the galactic south, we find that we need to rename several of them so that we can actually pronounce them. Cos the NMX have no idea how to make real names.

So, send your suggestions via PM to Sigma and he will compile a list for everyone in Nepleslia to vote on.

The planets up for renaming are Flarghrishimmi, Kunniumakrflra and Urghaflu.

Winning submissions get a prize or reward or something. Maybe a date with Suku or Laura or Cassefin.

Flarghrishimmi: Sentinel, Longwatch, Bora, Fuaris or Algus
Urghlaflu: Breaker's Point, Varvara , Suolis, or Jordenis
Kunniumakrflra: Beryl, Brine, Proluvies, or Lacusan

Please post your preferences

I like the original Mishhu names and vote for those! It might help to explain the origins of the other names you suggested.

My thought is rename them, but on the planet page as part of its history. You can list its original name.

I'm all for preserving some history, but these NMX names sound like something I would have sneezed into an aloe-lotioned tissue. I would agree with a new name and altered wikipage given by Nepleslia, with the old NMX name being mentioned and made known in the wikipage for this particular planet.

As to my votes, I would have to say Longwatch, Breaker's Point and Beryl.

I prefer the names Longwatch and Breaker's Point because most of our Nepleslian worlds are essentially made-up names. Which isn't a problem at all. B I personally feel we could stand to mix it up a bit with some real-world wording in place of the normal naming scheme. Plus, they sound cool.

Beryl
reminds me of the mineral, and I've always been a bit of a rockhound.

I'm glad to see some community effort going into it, too.

I personally prefer Longwatch(Sentinel being a close second), Breaker's Point, and Brine.

I like Brine.

Brine.

Got a real manly sound to it.

Longwatch, Breakers Point, Lacusan.

Lacusan because Beryl will always remind me of the rifle and brine is a salt solution...

LitD said:
Longwatch, Breakers Point, Lacusan.

Lacusan because Beryl will always remind me of the rifle and brine is a salt solution...

Hit the nail on the head. Theres my vote Longwatch, Breakers Point, Lacusan.

Voting will end on Saturday the 24th. Please cast your votes now and help your fellow players win some cool prizes.

These include Outrider armored cars, a personal power armor of your choice, and free personal weapons & gadgets.

To break the tie that's come up, here's my vote.

I'll go for Longwatch, Breaker's Point and ...

(Drum roll please)

LACUSAN

Having two B planets near each other doesn't roll off the tongue quite right.

We can call this trio of planets the LBL cluster maybe.

Righty ho-ho. With that now resolved, I can announce the winners.

Demonblooded's entries of Longwatch and Breaker's Point and cha-kun's Lacusan are the winners of this voting. Cyborgakadjmoose's Beryl almost won but that's okay. He gets too many goodies from me anyway. :p

I will be contacting the winners shortly with their takings.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back