• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Request for Star Army Articles/Designs

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Creative people of Star Army who like to make stuff, I have a request list for the Star Army of Yamatai. Let me know if you'd like to make or help make some of the following concepts:
  • A new standard belt buckle design for the Star Army that includes a Star Army communicator, perhaps a detachable one. It's important that it looks good and is fairly easy for artists to draw.
  • A standard tool belt for Star Army of Yamatai technicians/engineers (Suggested by Soresu), complete with a set of common tools.
  • A set of durable, mount-anywhere floodlamps that could be used to illuminate places like Star Army ground encampments, tunnels, mines, and starships without power.
  • Portable Outpost Modules: Would love these from you, @Nashoba, if you're interested.
    • CRDM: Prisoner Detention Module - stuff the baddies in here
    • CRDM: NBC Decontamination Module - go in contaminated, walk out the other side clean
    • CRDM: Covert surveillance module - put it near target, watch them without being noticed
    • CRDM: Waste disposal module - need some way to eliminate trash, ideas anyone?
  • Star Army Starships and small craft
    • In particular, looking for a helicopter-scale gunship and/or dropship.
    • Not looking for ships that overlap roles of existing ones, ask if unsure
  • Anti-radiation medications
  • Occupation article: SANDRA Journalist
  • Rain Poncho, Field Utility, Camouflage
  • Trousers, Field Utility, Reactive Camouflage (Companion to Field Jacket Type 37A).
  • Cap, Field Utility, Reactive Camouflage
  • Kit, Face Paint, Camouflage

Source? I don't remember any two-month rule, and it's not on the submission rules. The only one I know is the three-month one for new species.

I've already talked with Wes about this, but is there anyone else who would like to see a modern replacement of the LASR and LASR-SLAG?

Seems like a pretty major project to undertake, redesigning an iconic weapon, when there are still so many NEW items that Wes has requested to be worked on. I mean, I haven't heard any great outcry about the LASR being insufficient for it's purposes.

I believe Wes once said to a submission about weaponry beforehand: We don't need more weapons, we need more activity, more plot.

I think that describes how I feel about it.

@Wes, discovered this site and taking a look at the Starships and Smallcraft section. When the Hammerhead is done, will give the Orca Battlecruiser a prospection for possible 3D modelling.

@Wes, discovered this site and taking a look at the Starships and Smallcraft section. When the Hammerhead is done, will give the Orca Battlecruiser a prospection for possible 3D modelling.
That's cool, but the Orca Battlecruiser is a Nepleslian Navy ship, not a Star Army of Yamatai ship. This thread for Star Army of Yamatai designs only.

That's cool, but the Orca Battlecruiser is a Nepleslian Navy ship, not a Star Army of Yamatai ship. This thread for Star Army of Yamatai designs only.

Ah, my bad. Meant the T9 Blackfish, which was rejected anyway. Never mind.

Any other vessels you would like me to model?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back