• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

[Request] Hovertank

Just in case anyone else wants to take a crack at this:

<Gamerofthegame> Pst. I have a job for you that will pay you nothing... Save gratifaction for Yam getting a weapons platform. Anyway
<Gamerofthegame> As you said you might beable to help me in this regard, and I tried DOGA and failed... Well... Here we go. http://www.wizards.com/global/images/st ... ic1_en.jpg Make something like that, save with no split in the middle and a turret on top of the thing. You can exclude all the weapons, too. Think you can make something kinda like that?

Well, gamer I tried to whip something together. Tell me what you think. To be honest, I didn't follow your reference image very faithully, so I apologize.

Pic 1 This is the raw image.
Pic 2
This image has arrows to certain areas, mostly showing the Hard points. I liberally added a second artillery hard point though....sorry, I got a bit carried away.

That isn't quite what I am looking for. However, if there are no new fish that offer I will take that.

Do make moar though, peeps. Tis is like... The new Mindy!

... Maybe.

Probably not but shut up.

Could you describe where the following things should be?

1. Turret
Is it centered or offset (forward or backwards).
2. Hatch
Where is that sucker at? (where do you want it)
3. Hull based weapons hard-points
Where would they be?
4. Viewports AND monitors?
I guess this is a wierd question, but does this thing actually use viewports in conjunction with monitors? If so where are the viewports?

I mainly ask because the above design has no 'front' or 'back' but I want to see if I can figure out what you are looking for.

edit: after re-reading the article I realized that at the bottom you indicated the tank had a slant. So you could probably ignore the first question safely. That also means I could stick on the thrusters mentioned there as well.

Oh hey a post heh wheee And yet also a bump.

Hookay!

Using the image in the first post to base ourselves on...

Turret would be placed about where the little red thing is on the top of the image, in between antennas. (With the hatch area being larger so it didn't look like a hour glass, of course.)

The hatch would then be on top of the turret, centerish.

Hull based hardpoints are somewhere in the centerish infront/below of the view ports on the tank (Which don't really need to change from the image, I suppose.) You don't actually have to make weapons, though, just little nubs will do. Doesn't even have to look pretty.

Monitors don't need to be shown. View port, as said above, doesn't need to be changed to much but... make it smaller and less 'Zomg' out there.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back