• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Implemented Require Extremely Large Spacecraft to Have Wiki Articles

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
This suggestion is to require that very large ships (the kind that are at the very top of the DR scale) should have significance and reason for existing and not just be a bullet on a fleet page. The intent is increasing quality.

Purpose and Background

1. I think I should detail mega "prestige" ships as much as starbases are.

2. Any ship that big would be well known by characters due to huge crew requirements and fame.

3. Since they're the size and population of cities, they should be treated like cities in some ways.

4. This suggestion will mainly affect me anyway. I will have to make a page for YSS Battle of Nataria, etc. It seems unlikely we will make Izanagi-sized ships for the foreseeable future. The existing ones will be the new Iori-class, a long-lasting class that's being updated and customized for decades. This is another reason to flesh them out individually sooner than later.

5. The effort involved creates a natural limit to avoid factions making excessive amounts of juggernauts.

Proposal

1. Limit mega starships like the Izanagi by requiring them to have detailed articles like a city would (including some sections typically found in the places template such as "People").

2. Factions would have until April 2023 to make these pages. After that, existing ships not meeting the standards shall be mothballed until they're meeting the standard.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Yes of course.

I am 100% onboard with this!

I assume this for things that are in the sort of "Beyond the tiers we have now" category we discussed late last year when it was being suggested to create one or more new tiers (Prompted by megavessels like the Izanagi), and not just for normal tier 15 supercapital ships/flagships such as Chiharu class vessels?

Yeah, it'd be implemented for the Izanagis and ships in that size range first, and then we can look at Tier 15 ships like the Chiharus and figure out if that's feasible. It's obviously too much work to make every one of the Star Army's thousands of Sharie-class Battleships have a page but Chiharu flagships might be within the realm of possibility. We'll see how it goes first though and not pile on too much work at once.

Ships of that size arent really plotships and at that point are just locations to be at at the start of/end of/ between missions or as set pieces in RP that doesnt really involve the players anyway.

Battleships, capital-class carriers and the like I dont think should really be applicable since unlike Izanagis and the Big green and stations there might be just enough of them that it might just go from a good idea into paperwork territory. Especially since all that information should technically be on the plot page or are on the ships wiki page.

And tbh Its just one more nagging pain to replace the now-gone primus for Nepleslia and everything else we are short of and dont have people champing at the bit to make stuff like starships except for one alex made and all the ones ive made and literally nobody else but me since the one ship legix made. Especially after being forced to make a wiki page detailing every single thing in a 120+ mile military station when im really not that imaginative and just listed it as 'everything you would assume something this size has to sustain its population so if you say its there in RP; Its there and nobodies going to nag you about that accuracy its larger than the state of massachusettes.'

Unique one offs, the Izi's since they are unique and there are so few of them, etc? Ye.

Just your run of the mill fleet-padding capital ships? Too much.

I really like this idea! It doesn't affect me much, aside having to write articles for the various Senti Flotillas and anything they consider to be a cruiser or larger... That does make a problem for me. Wait, nevermind, Senti Flotillas are factional on their operational zones. I think technically Nepland has two of them. The NDC at least one.

Still down with it.

And tbh Its just one more nagging pain to replace the now-gone primus for Nepleslia and everything else we are short of and dont have people champing at the bit to make stuff like starships except for one alex made and all the ones ive made and literally nobody else but me since the one ship legix made.
pls no forget carnivore

I'll do the Elly's page and will try to muster some RP for her too. Expect me bugging ya about what that could be, Wes!

Was planning the same for any Hibiscus Class Stations and the Pinghe when I get around to refining it and submitting it soonish. They all have significant room for civilian population and/or act as a layover for passing vessels.

If more and more of these things become mandatory, I think it is a good time for a overhaul of locations going from big (galaxy) to small (location). Currently everything resembles a sloppy omelette when trying to find anything, lol

Based on votes, we will implement this suggestion.

2. Factions would have until April 2023 to make these pages. After that, existing ships not meeting the standards shall be mothballed until they're meeting the standard.
So if this is still a thing maybe we should first find the applicable articles/people it would be required/affect so nobody feels blindsided or wasnt given a heads up because they dont always read every thread or werent actually officially informed and then let them know of this and any possible deadlines?~

The criteria is any ship or space station over 2,500+ meters long, or Tier 15 or higher on the Damage Rating V3 scale. This primarily affects the First and Second Fleet of the Star Army of Yamatai and I'm not sure there's a lot it affects beyond that.

I'm going to use this as a chance to update the 1XF Stations and the YSS Tokyo as well, will work with @Miyako on it. I will also put some effort into making the BACC more of a plot place now that HS II is moving it a bit.

I think this is a great idea because these big ships and stations are so important in RP. It is nice to see them have articles that bring them to life.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back