• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Implemented Require Managers to Have RP Activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immortal Cyan

The Cyan Neko
Right now on SARP, we are struggling for GMs and plots.

At the same time, there are also quite a few ongoing power struggles transpiring in IC and OOC contexts, specifically for political and military influence. This suggestion is probably going to lowkey (or highkey) call out a lot of people and potentially ruffle some feathers, but I felt like it would be worthwhile to vocalize this idea to the end of concluding these power struggles, while also generating more plots and RP for the site’s writers to enjoy.

Simply put, in order to run a division, a department, or something else of that nature, you also need to be running an active plot pertaining to that division, which is open to a reasonable number of the site’s players. Fail to run a plot? Your character is at risk of getting sacked in favor of someone else who is.

This suggestion is quite broad, mainly because the idea of what a “division” constitutes is subject to interpretation. Is it a specific command group that your character runs? A military fleet group? A system that your character is the senator of? A corporation? In addition, a requirement like this might be impractical for factions that aren’t as active as Yamatai, so there is some discussion to be had there. I would suggest that we only apply a rule like this to factions with as much activity as Yamatai, perhaps to be triggered at the discretion of site staff. However, the idea behind this would be to end power struggles (and the drama that comes with them) and to get more folks writing stories.

That’s all I have to start with, but I'll probably add more as the discussion evolves. I’ll let the community tap in from here to give their input. Thank you for reading!

Last edited:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Let him show me he can RP the canon before changing it.

Ame, that's a bit aggressive. Let's give it some time, for now he's managing it. You are free to take a copy and change the organization back the way you want it if he doesn't do anything with it. It would probably be good if you did RP for SAINT as well during this time. We need new ideas and players. Let's create something that will draw them in, and that's something you are good at.

Look, let me put it this way. The new rule says that whoever does the most RP for SAINT should get the SAINT manager position. I've given Soresu the management of SAINT because we needed an active player running it and he basically asked first and volunteered. This is on a trial basis for the time being (and his NPC is the interim director). This gives him the responsibility to edit the wiki for SAINT but I'd ask that any major changes go through me first.

That said, Ame's been actively playing SAINT stuff for like the last month and has made a strong case to be the manager as well and she knows SAINT as well as anyone does. For this reason I've offered her the position of assistant manager for SAINT but she's not interested. I would like you guys to work together but I don't know if that's going to be a thing.

As a result of all this, I'm open to some friendly competition of who's doing the most for Star Army intelligence. I don't want this to be an OOC head-butting or dong-measuring but I do think we that we need actual activity IC. So that said, when November 1 rolls around I'm going to look at what you both are doing for SAINT in terms of creating/fueling roleplay and we'll figure out where to go from there. Whoever "wins" it should be a win for the Star Army.

Thread locked for off-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back