• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Reserved Area for Proposed "Frontier Space"

How about both of the previous two maps?

I could make some of the north/western systems if you don't want to do them all.

I feel at least obligated to point out something that doesn't really matter too terribly much right now, but nevertheless, I will. Excuse me that I cannot make a new map to help explain my point, my laptop is still down, and my tablet is the only thing I can use to connect to SARP.

So, back on track with my point-out thing. The area in question for this 'Frontier' is right on top of what I've 'claimed' but I can't actually do so because the Raiken aren't approved. Honestly I don't see them being approved any time soon due to my school schedule, Blind's school schedule and such, and Izokia... is doing... something. (I don't really know, I think he's in school too, or he's unable to really check on SARP regularly.

For the second map, it's on the bottom-ish right. On the third map it's on the left. I did make a post somewhere (Probably in my submission) that had a map of the three systems I was 'claiming'. Finding that would probably help understand what systems I mean.

By no means should my non-canon claim (Someday it will be canon [Hopefully], just not today) make this not happen. As stated above, I just feel obligated to point it out. Take this information as you will.

- Thanks for Reading
- Sham

How about both of the previous two maps?

I could make some of the north/western systems if you don't want to do them all.

I'm not opposed to that, personally, but I don't want to give anyone the impression I'm trying to suck up huge amounts of real estate. I'm aware of at least a couple others who are working on creating actual factions to add to the setting, and don't want to prematurely crowd them out. But if there are still other good locations for them to put their stuff down, I'd like that.

Of course, more systems also means more work, but it would be mitigated by the fact that these places would be sovereign, independent worlds, reducing the need for internal consistency. I wouldn't mind doing most of them, it would just take some time. You could do the ones closer to Yamatai, since systems like HX-11 and HX-24 have already been visited by Yamatai, and there are already a few established details. But in the end, more independent systems means more variety for the universe as a whole, and a lot more RP opportunities both for independent plots and military plots belonging to the Big Boys.

I had envisioned the "ruins of an ancient civilization" noted on HX-11 as a kind of "lost" human colony that was not in contact with the larger SARPiverse, and was overrun by the Mishhuvurthyar in the early days of their expansion.

I feel at least obligated to point out something that doesn't really matter too terribly much right now, but nevertheless, I will. Excuse me that I cannot make a new map to help explain my point, my laptop is still down, and my tablet is the only thing I can use to connect to SARP.

So, back on track with my point-out thing. The area in question for this 'Frontier' is right on top of what I've 'claimed' but I can't actually do so because the Raiken aren't approved. Honestly I don't see them being approved any time soon due to my school schedule, Blind's school schedule and such, and Izokia... is doing... something. (I don't really know, I think he's in school too, or he's unable to really check on SARP regularly.

For the second map, it's on the bottom-ish right. On the third map it's on the left. I did make a post somewhere (Probably in my submission) that had a map of the three systems I was 'claiming'. Finding that would probably help understand what systems I mean.

By no means should my non-canon claim (Someday it will be canon [Hopefully], just not today) make this not happen. As stated above, I just feel obligated to point it out. Take this information as you will.

- Thanks for Reading
- Sham

I'm more than willing to work with you to come up with a location that suits both of our needs. As I've stated before, I'm mostly just looking to fill out some of the blank stars with independent worlds for more color and variety to the setting, rather than having everyone be under someone's banner.

Let me know which systems you had your eye on, and I bet I can circle around you.

I'm tentatively giving this the thumbs up.

My notion is withdrawn, upon discussion, my 'claim' is moving northwards to the opposite side of the map

After further discussion with my players and Nashoba, as well as a heaping dash of XX indecisiveness :)P), here's the agreed-upon proposed setting:

ai1309.photobucket.com_albums_s631_carivalencia_Star_20Army_SARPReservation4_zpsaa4d3086.png

I think this area would serve my purpose nicely, and avoid crowding anyone.

Limits Sesestran expansion. Arieg's got enough to be upset about.

I would be more than willing to work with him on any inhabited independent worlds in that area joining the Sesestran union in some way, should their thoughts turn to expansion.

As a reminder, these areas I'm developing will not be cohesive factions in the traditional sense, but scattered inhabited worlds and colonies of varying power and influence, but all far less powerful than the "main" SARP empires.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back