• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Implemented Residency Struct

raz

SAINT Director
🌟 Site Supporter
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Hello! I've seen it said that Star Army soldiers are supposed to have a home or address other than their assigned starship. But this isn't really reflected in the current struct tables (although it is during election years, the option to change "district" is currently hidden).

This would be something cool to have so we can make auto-populating struct tables for place: pages. For example, planets have "these people are currently here" but most of those are empty or limited to a single NPC character. Having "these people call this place home" would be a nice option and make place: pages, especially planets, feel more alive.

So I'm wondering if a struct option below "Current Location" called "Home" or "Residency" (or whatever Wes thinks is appropriate) could be added if there's enough interest.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Based on votes, I implemented this suggestion as field character_home in the characters schema.

In the future, we may also want a text field for character_home_address or a stararmy_personnel one for Home of Record.

That's cool, glad it was something people found helpful (and that you approved of). I've already put a table for it on Tami. At first I was a little apprehensive about having both "present" and "home" tables but ultimately think it looks pretty good and makes the place: page (at least that one) feel more organic and lived-in.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back