• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Resurgence Resurgence of Yamatai - Mission 3: Rescue At Anisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wardroom

Thaddeaus had mostly kept to himself while most of the crew interacted with each other at the party. He was not always one to be the center of attention and instead liked to just listen and observe those around him. He was enjoying a nice drink when Sanda called out to Koyama, your highness. He choked on his drink as the shock hit him. He blinked a few times before his thoughts came back together. Holy crap, she was the real deal, since he had no reason to believe Sanda would use such a term unless it was true. This just made things more interesting for Thad. For he had a soft spot for the royal folks, having come from worlds that were heavy on this type of power structure. It also reinforced his own desire of becoming a knight. This encouraged him aim to be by her side more than ever. He felt the need to save her from the burden of being in charge, but also from the stress of having to be a princess role model.

He stood and started to walk towards Koyama to engage in more conversations to learn more about her royal roots. He then overheard that he would be getting a weight-lifting set. He was already getting gifts from his princess and was taken back by this. He continued to follow behind her and seen she was moving in the direction of his new birb friend Mochi. He also noticed she had swagger in her step now. Which he took to mean she must have felt very good about giving him this weight-lifting set. As he neared he overheard the pet name she had given Mochi. From his past he knew when a princess gave out a pet name this meant you were in her favor. He had good vibes from Mochi and this only helped to reinforce this fact. Thad had hoped that he too would earn a pet name. Though he recalled how Koyama would often use the short hand of his name, Thad, during missions so maybe this had already taken place. Either way in light of not getting a promotion he'd aim for a more personally one. To become her knight in waiting, a far better title than anything he could get from Star Army.

"Princess Koyama, I knew you just as my XO but it would seem you been holding out on me." He said as he approached where she and Mochi were sitting. He made sure he had her attention before dropping to one knee. "I'd like to show my gratitude the best way I know how to one of royal blood for the gift you have bestowed upon me." He reached over and took her hand in his and pulled it slightly closer to him. He then proceeded to plant a strong kiss on it before letting it go. "If your ever in need of anything your highness, just know your loyal knight in training Thaddeaus Maximus is here to tend to all of your needs." A big smile covered his face and sparkles glistened in his eyes.

Beryl sent a quick message to Hoshi. "Captain Aoba approved your requisition form and I've submitted the request to Star Army Logistics. We should have the bikes delivered in the next two hours."

Yayoi smiled as she heard that Koyama has received a new family now. She was about to reply when Koyama spoke again telling them that she had put in recommendations for both of them. She was shocked, to say the least, but her shock only widened as she continued to speak. She was pleased to hear that if the children were orphaned that they’d have a place in Tsubomi and any needs for their care will be funded by her. It was now shown Koyama was generous and kind. She found herself honored to be serving alongside her.

Koyama wouldn’t be just getting respect from her due to her new status, but because of her actions. She admired the woman as Sanda admired her. “Thank you, I am eternally grateful for your generosity for the children,” she said showing her humble nature. She felt pleased that she’ll be promoted. She accepted what was being passed to her, and she prepared her drink. “A different kind of award, ma’am? I’d accept it either way, especially since you took the trouble of ordering materials.” She told her unaware of what kind of award she was talking about.

Soon the conversation happened without her, and she frowned unable to think about sisters betraying or deciding to not be friendly.

Reactions: Wes
Had Sanda said Your Highness? Well, that was certainly an interesting development. It seemed that every deployment he had, Mochi was fated to bump into royalty sooner or later. For that reason, his physical reaction to the revelation was slightly more muted than other crewmembers. For a moment, Mochi pondered whether the information would change his relationship with Koyama.

While the only position of royalty that had significance legally was the Empress', oftentimes their successors were appointed from their close family and certainly the Princesses. Mochi could imagine such a change to Koyama's prospects and the realisation of that might be a shock to the system. He was an Imperial Advisor, technically, as a Senator. Maybe he should do a little bit of advising in such a case.

By the gait of her walk, it looked like Koyama was already getting into the Hime mindset. Mochi was too distracted to react in time as she darted forwards and stole the offered lemon drop. It made Mochi wonder as he brushed his fingertips together to clean them of any specks of sugar. Maybe Koyama was been given an Eihei now she was a Ketsurui? It was hard to tell.

With a slight shrug, he turned back to the table and retrieved a candy for himself. Unwrapping it, the scientist popped what looked like chocolate into his mouth. Delicious. Once Koyama had joined him, the Elysian seemed quite laid back on his chair. Mochi offered with a pleasant tone, "I'm good friends with a technician in Havok Customs if you're looking for racing-grade bikes once we're on shore leave." He smirked, "I'm sure she can give you a deal. One of the better engineers you'll find around."

When the XO spoke of her sisters, Mochi tilted his head a fraction in curiosity. Hmm. So she had been born rather than created. Surprisingly few Nekos could say the same. Sometimes it took natural-born people to best understand family matters, in his opinion. Although, now probably wasn't the time to go into details about treacherous blood ties. Maybe once they'd had a glass or two.

Mochi waved his hand dismissively as Koyama mentioned how she took the offered morsel. "Daniel and Alicia make my things disappear all the time. Besides, I offered it. No need for a colour change." Seinosuke chuckled, just before Thaddeus waltzed over to the table. To the officer's surprise, the other man got to one knee before Koyama. "You'd better not propose, I swear.." Mochi laughed in a barely audible snicker, wondering what Thaddeus might be angling for. Were extra motorcycle parts such a mighty prize? What kind of life had Thaddeus led, Mochi wondered with some concern.

When Thaddeus decared himself as Koyama's knight, the Elysian couldn't help but shake his head and smirk. Bold, but he had to be careful. Giving yourself positions like that without asking was screaming for trouble, and more than a swift slap. Stirring his tumbler lazily with one hand, Mochi offered a way out for Koyama if she wanted an escape from Thaddeus' advances for now. "I served with Aiko-hime aboard the Kaiyo for several years. Have you met many of your sisters yet? Maybe you'll have a Rikugun Legion named after you too soon enough, mhm?"

Last edited:
Koyama managed to free her hand from Thad, sighing wearily. "On your feet, Maximus-hei, if I require protecting I will know who to call. However, your duty is to the uniform you wear. We are soldiers first. And if this is a get-together, should you not be having fun?" 'And if I were home, they would be the Samurai' she thought but did not voice that particular bit. Instead keeping it to herself. Yet her eyes glittered as the Elysian mentioned other engineers making customized vehicles. She almost dared the man to make it a challenge. But then at the mentions of Aiko her lips twisted a little in a grimace.

"No, I have not met her. I have however heard she is much like her mother." the last said a little pointedly. "And the thought of a Legion makes me queasy. I would rather leave that to be handled by someone more experienced. I do not need a legion with my name attached to do good works for the Empire or its people." with a toss of her hair, she looked to the candy again. And then back over to Yayoi and then to Sanda and the others.

"To have something named after you is an honor. One that should be earned and not based around your family's name. A word is a word. Action speaks louder. But no, I have only met with her Majesty, as well as my new aunts, Yui-taisho and Hanako-taisho. Sora-chan, a grandchild of Yui-taisho I have known since I was a youngling and helped train her in my teacher's particular method of combat. It is part of the Samurai's duties to teach royals at their request or referral. Not many take them up on this."

The bag had begun to be slowly drawn to her.

"However, Yui-taisho has more... presence than her child but was busy and stayed just long enough to see things through. And Hanako-taisho was kind. The remainder of the family remains more or less a mystery to me. So, any insight you might provide...?" she let the request hang for a moment.

"And you are welcome, Asakura-hei. They will know you are on the approved list of visitors if the children wish it. And if you might think of anything you think they might like, or need, let me know. And it can be easily provided. The recommendations for promotions will take a short while to process. But I will stress the award, you have more than earned it."

Wardroom

Sanda stood with her mouth hanging open then put her hand over her heart as if she had been wounded. "That's cold Ma'am." She said as Koyama walked away. "That's really cold." She laughed again and refilled her glass.

Then she saw Thad move towards Koyama. "Oh no." She sighed. She leaned over to Yayoi and commented quietly "A months pay says he's about to put his foot in his mouth." As Thad began going down on one knee Sanda turned around and covered her eyes with her hand. "I can't watch. I just can't. Tell me when it's over."

Thad was certainly confident in himself. He was pretty good in a scrap as well. Though Sanda hadn't personally seen it, Thad had fought off the attacking Rixx single-handedly when both Cassie and Koyama had been injured so he must have some use in a fire fight. Sanda's biggest problem with Thad was his mouth. He always seemed to say the wrong thing or make comments with double meanings. It had really gotten on Sanda's nerves on the last mission. Well she would do her best to play nice with Thad as a fellow soldier but that didn't mean she was going to go out of her way to talk to him. At least not yet.

The talk soon turned to Royalty and such things that Sanda had no interest in. In all honesty, she couldn't care less that Koyama was now Royalty. Oh sure she was happy for the honor that had been bestowed upon her, but that didn't mean she should be treated any differently. She was still an officer in the Star Army. By the look on Yayoi's face, it seemed that she wasn't very interested in the conversation either. Or she had something else on her mind. "Penny for your thoughts?" Sanda asked.

Yayoi glanced towards Mochi as he mentions the Kaiyo, which brought her thoughts towards her own sister who had served on the Kaiyo as well. According to her other sisters, one of the crew was a member of the Ketsurugi as well. Koyama got the reaction of a smile as she was told she was on an approved list of visitors should the kids desire her presence.

She watched Thad’s actions and heard poor Sanda’s reaction to them. She waited until they did the scene before she would alert her to the fact. “I think it's done, ” she said in a whisper, adding. “This Thad guy... Is he a goof?’ she asked Sanda as she thought that Sanda might have known him a lot longer than she. Later, as Yayoi became lost in thought, she glanced over. “Oh, sorry, I was just thinking about what Koyama said about sisters no longer being friendly. I kinda feel disbelief, but then my life wasn’t a normal childhood, per se.

Thaddeaus had hoped to make an impact but this seems far too deep even for him. He had forgot he was no longer in the ranks of standard royal affair. He was now part of one of the largest powers in the known universe. He looked around himself and it clicked how this might have looked starting out. He was only aiming to be at her level but instead made it look like he was going to ask her to marry him. Oh god, he thought to himself how this must look. First he knew nothing of marriage or how a normally relationship even works. For all his life he had war time romances or a hook up after a bar. Never out looking, if the desire was there and parties willing, he'd go with the flow.

Thinking fast he knew he best roll with what Koyama had started. "Oh, but I am having fun. I am not the best actor but just looks around us. People thought for sure I was going in for the kill." He quickly got to feet as to not embarrass the two of them even further. "Just gunna stage left here and get myself into trouble else where."

Though he did not travel far, merely to the other side of the table to take a seat. He figured he was already over here might as well jump into the conversation. "Mochi, just so you know. If I had you'd be first up for slot of best man." He gave a hearty laugh as he pulled a flask out of his jacket. Then he remembered something he had forgot to do. "Hey Sanda, I got you covered if your looking for a gift. I heard you have a twitch where you facepalm often. I built you a hat with a hand to do this for you. As an added bonus it also works as a beer hat." Thad took a shot from the flask then reached into his coat and pulled out a hat. "Come give it a try, I promise I worked out all the bugs in it.

Mochi could see in the Neko's bright eyes that her interest had been caught by the prospect of either tinkering with bikes or talking with someone else who did. It made sense now, that she was the one who must have been planning on building them for her friends. Very curious. Mochi raised an eyebrow and offered, "You should swing by the Science Lab some time, I've got a mechanical project or two in the works you might be interested in." It would be interesting to prod and poke exactly how captivated by science and tech the new XO might be. It could be a boon if Koyama could synergize with her Chief Science Officer and vice versa.

However, it looked like the new Ketsurui wasn't a fan of Aiko, given the way she reacted to the name. Mochi nodded in agreement silently, conveying just enough assent to agree with Koyama's impression without being disrespectful to his old colleague. She had certainly been very aloof and holier-than-thou. Hopefully Koyama wouldn't fall into the same trap. At the end of the day, they were all people, Ketsurui or vagabond.

"I've never had the pleasure of meeting Yui-taisho or Hanako-taisho. At least, I think not. I may have bumped into her at a Hanami festival once. That or at my.. other job." Seinosuke scratched his clean-shaven chin in thought. His 'other job' was at the Imperial Palace, but the soldier-come-politician liked to keep the two as separate as practical for obvious reasons.

Mochi nodded wistfully once Koyama mentioned her dislike of the idea of a legion. "You're wise beyond your years, Princess. Our status may change with the stroke of a pen, but honour, wisdom and knowledge spring from other wells than those that hold ink." That was enough of his dad metaphors for now, but the next few days were bound to determine how much Koyama's personality changed from her new nobility. It was worth skirting his fellow officer away from being the uppity type of Ketsurui he'd bumped into in the past.

Mochi noticed the Neko side-eyeing the clear bag and with a coy smirk bumped the treats closer to her, but not before pulling a couple out for himself. If she wanted more, she could just take them. Seinosuke wasn't the type of of person to quibble on pleases and thank yous. "I've no more insight into your family this moment. Other than to say the Empress herself impressed me most when I met her, at my friend's wedding."

At that, he swiveled his head to Thad with an amused expression - "I happened to be the best man, or closest to." Eden's wedding had been a fast arrangement between two brides, but he had been given the task of keeping all the men in line and ready, which in his view was close enough to being 'best man'. "She didn't demand anything and was humble, quiet. At least in my eyes. As you say, some things should be earned rather than coming from your name alone. You and her have much alike from what I've seen so far." It was true. One could imagine someone raised Ketsurui to expect things or exude airs that they had not earned. Or in absence of that, simply deign not to converse with the common rabble - as had been broadly his experience with Aiko.

"Anyways- Enough talk of your new family for now. What I want to ask is how is everyone settling in to the Resurgence? Any different to your last posts - or is this the first?"

Last edited:
Koyama found a glass for herself, poured a measure of water, and sipped. "My first posting as a First Officer. Twice as chief engineer aboard other ships. I am finding it difficult to deal with more than I am used to." she admitted in quiet tones. Another sip and she sighed as the water slaked a bit of her thirst. "Adjusting to dealing with a Captain regularly will take some getting used to I will admit. He operates differently than those I am used to."

She did however dip her head at the compliment and offer, "I am sure she was a good officer. And I will take you up on your offer. You have but to name the time and I will set some aside."

Looking to Yayoi and Sanda, she decided to speak up, "Sanda-hei, if you intend to sit over there with Asakura-hei, alone, and at Maximus-hei's mercy... I really will make it into a weight set." and then to the half-SOL she offered a platitude. "You will get one regardless. Perhaps with a gravity control system to add to the difficulty and push you. You seem to like a challenge."

Sanda sighed and looked at Yayoi with a face that said, Does that answer your question?. She turned around slowly and looked Thad up and down with her arms crossed. After several moments of silence she said, "Gosh Thad, that's awful nice of you." She had a smile on her face, but her voice was heavy with sarcasm. "I don't deserve such a gift from you. But you know what would really speak to me? If you were to wear the hat for the remainder of the party."

Sanda turned back her attention to Yayoi and her comment about family and normal childhood. "What is a normal childhood?" She asked. "My sister and I were sent to Yamatai when I was 6 from Nepleslian Prime during the Reds and Greens civil war. I still don't know if they are even alive. My sister had to raise me herself and that was not an easy job, so she keeps telling me."

The tattooed woman turned at Koyama's call and said to Yayoi, "She wasn't nearly this bossy before she became Royalty."

Koyama frowned, "Not bossy," she retorted with a huff, "I am not... good with most people." one of her ears flicked to and fro, the one directed at Sanda and Yayoi. She'd heard, her face going pink. "When you are raised around nothing but women trained to fight, to protect, to kill you have little in the way of real social interaction. There were no younglings for me to play with or children. My social growth was stunted." her words having gone bitter.

"And to be frank, I have little in the way of friends. So my attempts at teasing and jokes are more geared toward those I was raised around."

Yayoi watched the interaction between Sanda, and Thad as she forced herself to hide her smile. It was clear to her that perhaps Sanda had a reputation for head-slapping as a result of Thad’s shenanigans. Though she focused on Sanda when she spoke of her own family and frowned. She had a feeling she knew what that’s like. She didn’t know what to say to her about the topic, so she turned her attention to the Mochi guy. The Heterochromia-eyed Ranger was unsure about him, but he hadn’t yet done anything that irked her or angered her.

The former cyborg Neko, chose to answer his question. “Well, as dramatic as it may seem, my last post had me scouring dirty ruins, dodging gunfire as overly large insects pissed on the ground and chattered nonesensely to themselves and targeting creepy fellows, and rescuing and extracting kids.” She’d reply to him deadpan before her attention went to Koyama and Sanda as they spoke again.

The Neko could see the telltale signs of a woman trying but failing to make friends. “I know the feeling, during socialization, I mostly focused on my little sisters making sure they were doing everything right, one’s a bit air-headed so I felt I needed to help the instructors with her, heh.” She chuckled before patting Sanda’s shoulder and speaking to Koyama.

“It was a bit much, but I can understand what you were trying. I wouldn’t mind calling you friend if you’re open to it.” she said to her before turning to Sanda” I dare say you and I already are.” She replied to her.

Sanda frowned momentarily. It seemed that Koyama misunderstood Sanda's bossy joke. She was thankful to Yayoi and her words. The Nepleslian understood how Neko's fought, but how they were raised was more confusing. About as confusing as Thad really. Sanda smiled reassuringly at Koyama. "No hard feelings Koyama-san. Not understanding jokes can go both ways." To Yayoi she added, "I should certainly hope so. I don't go out drinking as much as I did the other night with just anybody."

Thad was busy having one too many drinks and taking in the conversations. He was looking for that perfect moment to have some fun. "Jokes are not the only thing that can go both ways. I have seen as many neko walking backwards as walking forwards. Like what gives?" He looked over towards Koyama to give his take on what she was saying. "I'd like to say I am your friend. We did have that moment in engineering and I risked my life to save you." A smile crossed his face. "Plus don't listen to her, she is Nepleslian and has clearly gotten soft if a little bully upsets her." He looked up towards Sanda and gave her a thumbs up for no reason at all. He then proceeded to put on the hat he had offered to her.

Sanda's comment made Mochi's left wingtip twitch a little in dissatisfaction. Family had become so important to him recently, it was hard to see someone else left with so many unanswered questions about theirs. "Sanda-hei, if you have their names, I can put out some feelers. My family's company has dealings with Nepleslia regularly and I'm sure they could do me a favour." It was an open offer, there was a chance they wouldn't find anything, but it was worth asking. Maybe Sanda had moved on and didn't want to see them anyways, who knew?

With Koyama's explanation of her humour, her fellow officer leaned back in his chair casually. "The trick, Koyama-hime, is not to care so much about what people think. If you talk to them and enjoy it, that's good enough. Social theory will tie anyone up in knots until the end of time." Of course, Mochi was speaking from his own perspective. In actuality, the tradeoff for his inventive and driven mindset was a scatterbrained and carefree manner of going about anything not directly in his interest - which historically included most social situations.

Perhaps someone could call Mochi's demeanour right now not very officerly, but he had come in from a different direction than most of his now-peers. His leadership had come out from his actions in the field as an NCO rather than from training or leading from a bridge. It was just a alternative, less serious way of working - at least, until there was something to be serious about.

Yayoi's response to his question was very interesting. "Insects? Like, Rixxikor or that type of thing?" With everyone talking about how they were sort-of-friends, the Elysian took a small sip of his potent drink. He hadn't had that much interaction with the others to call them friends just yet. At least, compared to his friends from past postings whom he had been with for years. Perhaps that was the reason he had been gunning to hard to make this social event happen - Mochi did feel a bit out of place amongst the others, apart from maybe Koyama. Hopefully that would change soon - if they started drinking and talking more intimately that is!

Yamatai began to get smaller in the view from the window in the floor of the wardroom as the Resurgence departed orbit, heading back into space after the brief stop to get crew.

Bridge

"Course calculated and laid in, captain," navigator Gabriela smiled. "We will arrive at White Harbor station in the Anisa system in approximately one hour."

"Very good," Aoba nodded, looking out into the stars as if he could see it already.

Crew Deck

It was a calm day with a little time to kill. The ship was in top shape already and there was a little transit time to wait out so many of off-duty crew had a chance to relax and hang out some more.

Among other things, this gave Hachirobei Sakuko, the new supply specialist, a chance to go around and meet some people. Sakuko had short black hair, pale skin, and red eyes like a vampire, and she was kind of muscular. She had on her Type 42 duty uniform but with the jacket unzipped and left open to reveal a STAR ARMY sports bra with just the AR AR visible above a set of rocky abs that looked like a pack of tropical dinner rolls. She wandered around the enlisted crew areas to see who she could run into.

Thaddeaus was doing what he normally does. In this case it was fixing something and not breaking it. Granted it might end up a little of both before all is said and done. He was wearing pants and for whatever reason no shirt. Though under closer inspection one would see the shirt was being used to hold back a panel he was working within. After a short moment he thought he heard some noise near by and peeked around. He notice one of the new crew was wandering about. "Hey there..." His mind blanked for a moment having been drawn in by her chest. "Ara ara girl, come give me a hand for a moment if you would." It was the best he could come up with

"Oh? What are you trying to do?" Sakuko asked, feeling a little suspicious in general because of the fact that an infantry guy was trying to work on something. "Oh, my name is Hachirobei Sakuko," she added. "I'm a supply specialist," she told him, although the orange panels on her uniform time probably made that obvious.

"Ah yes, I remember seeing your name on the list. I thought your name was printed on your shirt but can see that is not the case." He tightened down whatever he was working on and moved out and away from the panel. "We good, just making sure things are fixed up right."

"Oh. What," Sakuko replied, rubbing her hand on her head. In the back of her mind she wondered if he was trying to hide something like one of those miniature hooch stills the engineering sections were known for building. She wondered if he as going to introduce himself or if she'd have to use augmented reality to label him. She tried to resist her natural shyness but wasn't really going to press him for it.

"Names Thad, one of the heros from the last mission." He started to close up the panel. "Glad I ran into you. I always make it a point to meet new members." He said with a bright smile.

"Oh! I was wondering, with this ship being new, perhaps we are still stocking up on essentials so I thought I could go around and ask everyone if there are any items you would like to request. I can put in requisition orders for them. Maybe some towels or T-shirts or something...?"

"A new shirt would be nice. This one is a little dirty now." He took the shirt and used it to wipe his face. "And if you can get a beer, I'd take one of those too."

"Oh...alright," Sakuko nodded, wirelessly adding a pallet of beer to the ship's next supply shipment. She wondered if he had her confused for the caretaker, Mia, who Sakuko strongly suspected had a drinking problem. She decided she wasn't going to go rummage through Thad's quarters to get him a shirt so she told him, "Thank you," and went on her way. She did send Mia a message that said he was asking for a beer.

Yayoi walked in tossing a towel into the laundry chute as she walked on by. Her attention was caught by the two of them, and she distinctly remembered her youngest sister working on her Mindy Maintenance. She smiled to herself in thought before she moved to lean against the wall as she watched. Yayoi was dressed somewhat similarly to Thad, only she only wore a bikini bottom that was somewhat covered in an open front towel wrap. She listened and watched the conversation in front of her.

Sanda was on her way to the training room when she rounded the corner and came upon what looked like half the crew with varying degrees of cloths on. She stopped dead in her tracks for a moment then just shook her head, "Este barco me va a llevar a beber." She herself was in a tanktop and shorts revealing a stunningly beautiful and intricate lightning tattoo that ran from the back of her neck down her arms and down her legs. The tattoo caught the light and looked like electicity was shooting across her body.

At this point Mia actually showed up, her giant periwinkle hair bouncing as she skipped into the area carrying eight large frosty glasses of very foamy dark amber beer like it was Ocktoberfest. "HAY THADDY!" she beamed, winking at shirtless Thad, offering him the first glass. The aroma was strong and familiar.

Sanda heard Mia coming before she saw her. "Trueno Santo. No ella. Ella es tan mala como Thad!" Sanda muttered under her breath. She noticed Yayoi, but couldn't tell if the Neko was heading to the showers or just came from there. Sanda had noticed that the other Ranger liked to bath a lot...almost as much as Kalena.

Yayoi turned as she heard voices behind her and watched for the arrival of Mia and she saw Sanda there too. She glanced back to Thad and the other woman for a moment before she decided maybe joining Sanda might be more interesting.

Meanwhile Sakuko went to Yayoi to introduce herself. "Hello, is this an alright time to introduce myself?" she asked out of courtesy since it looked like Yayoi was just coming from the showers. In fact she already felt a little awkward about talking to her at all. After a moment, she added "Sorry to bother you," with a blush and put her face in one of the beers Mia was handing out.

Yayoi looked over at her, "oh, sure, i'm Asakura Yayoi" she said as way of introduction.

OOC: JP by @Wes @Charaa @Cowboy @Ethereal @Miko @Soresu

Crew Deck

Sanda stepped over to Yayoi and Sakuko, shaking her head no to the beer Mia was offering. She offered Sakuko a small but friendly smile. "Hola. Sanda Hoshi. You're the new supply girl, hu? I'll be sure to get you a list of things later on. Nice meeting you." She turned to Yayoi and said, "Fancy some sparing? I was going to get another quick workout in but it's always a lot more fun to spare with a life person. Besides, I still haven't figured out that counter hold you did the other day and it has been driving me crazy." She glanced down at the towel covering Yayoi. "Unless you don't feel like working up a sweat right after you've showered?"

Crew Deck

Thad did not even have a moment to be more specific about his drink of choice before what seemed like half the ship descended onto his position. More interesting was the fact just about everyone was going casual for this meet up. Thad had been working on a panel but being shirtless just fits right in. As he was about to say something his alarm went off. His wrist pal was lighting up like a holiday tree which only meant one thing, Mia was near by. Sure enough within seconds his recruit buddy was bouncing her way towards them. She even brought with her a crap ton of beer. Either she just came from a party or someone told her he needed a drink. None the less things were about to get real.

"Looks like we are all in the proper dress for a pool party. Hey Mia!" He said waving towards her with a smile across his face. "I can always count on you to come to my aid. A drink is just what I had been looking for." He commented as he reached for two of the drinks. Normally he'd take just one but felt Mia could go with one less drink. Was too early in the day for the strip party to begin. "And hot daaaaaamn Sanda, that tattoo is wicked. Now I know just the person to call when I need someone to light up my night." He took the beer in his left hand and put it to his lips. Gulp after gulp he sucked it down like it was water. "Ahhh, now that hit the spot."

Crew deck

Delmira made her way to the others and had looked around. “So, this is where you are hiding. Seems I missed the party, but I got all my stuff in order.” She will take a beer and smile at Mia before giving it a sip. Her eyes will roam over the shirtless form of Thad.

“If shirtless is standard here im going to like being on this ship.” She said tail swaying lazily behind her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back