• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Resurgence Resurgence of Yamatai - Mission 3: Rescue At Anisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zanven accompanied the two women to the clothing shop, he was actually not that surprised they went there first, Sanda did say they could go look for models later and he gave a soft chuckle. "I mean by the way this is playing out, I get to see models now." He said casually before opening the door for them, and seeing as they passed by him...he was happy not to be immediately reprimanded for that little stunt he just pulled. As they went to the ladieswear he gave a soft smile before going to the section for men and was greeted by the smell of sandalwood. "You know...this far into the history of mankind and we still use...sandalwood. Though I guess it is just synthetic scents based off whatever algorithm they come up with." He said under his breath to himself before setting out to find some casual wear. It was not long before he was able to find a few racks of Yamatai fashion. He sorted through the clothing, colors...black and navy blues, shorts for workout, boxers for everyday. Though a few of those were more for the sake of novelty than function. He shook his head as he gathered a small pile, it was not long till an attendant showed up to take his picks and follow him around. The rather attractive blond Minkan female showed a bright smile and even a blush when he looked in her direction.

"You know, the stars that shine at night are often dazzling, but it was not until I looked into your eyes that I see in my head what true beauty could look like." Of course he flirted with the attendant. Why shouldn't he, technically he was on shore leave and the other two members of his party were currently busy as well so he just chatted with the blushing woman as he found some clothes...needless to say he racked up a rather...large bill and he had to just sigh as he paid, but there was enough there for a weeks worth of casual clothing, four workout outfits, underwear and of course a shore leave ensemble that was sure to be a big hit if he did not wear his uniform of course. He even managed to nab the communication information for the attendant before having paid for delivery to his quarters at the ship. He waited as he looked around on his communication device for a map of the shopping district. He was eager to see the models, but he was never going to rush the two lovely ladies that accompanied him, in fact he even looked over to try and spy at least a glance of his two seniors.

What was he supposed to do...it would be rude NOT to admire their beauty.

Reactions: Wes
Koyama offered a serene smile to accompany her nod, "They can be." and like all things even the closely-knit it could all buckle and fracture. It had been years of course. But, the first officer recalled the attempt on the Empress' life quite vividly. And the fallout that had rained down as a result. She wouldn't air their laundry as a point of respect and love for the Imperial guardians. Switching from dress to dress in front of Sanda, the Neko had been keeping an eye on Zanven. Or rather an ear. With a 'Hmph' of amusement, Koyama glanced toward their new pilot as he mumbled to himself.

The blonde she raised an eyebrow at before looking back to her other companion. Holding them out, the smaller of the two women nodded.

"Pick," saying it with no wariness in waiting for the answer. But her eyes had moved on from Sanda and the clothing to what could only be a small SOL, or perhaps a half-breed further in the back of the store. The muscular giant stood there and watched, scanning the customers but not with boredom but with intent. Letting her gaze drift past Sanda and toward the clothing rack.

Once her attention returned to what she held before the Nepleslian, a short-haired, jet-black ear had swiveled toward where Zanven was now
so thoughtfully spying, flicked halfway before catching itself and then back to where it had been before making the move. Saying nothing, or rather not wanting to spoil anything, Koyama shrugged as she waited.

"So what do you think of the new what was it... 'flyboy'? Think he will measure up? We have a crazy half-SOL, an Elysian Senator, and a Shosa whom I have yet to see a smile from. Even once."

Place of Naughty

It had been awhile since the last time Thad had this much fun. Well minus the night before since that was pretty fun too. He continued to keep an eye on his friends while he shopped around. Since they really seemed to enjoy this type of outfits, figured it would be good to get a few things. One must always be prepared since you never know what tomorrow will bring. He was just happy his ability to size a person up was coming in handy. There is a lot more that goes into picking out clothes like this for girls than for guy. Though the store clerk was nice and helping him find something for this girl friend she kept talking about. This must be Yam slang for neko he thought to himself.

Finally once completed with his mission he made his way to the front of the store to pay. On his way he happen to come across an interesting display. On the sign it read, MRE, Cause you never know. He looked at this like a scientist looks at an experiment. One could see the gears turning as this was processed. "Holy crap, why has this not been made standard issue. Why carry your food when you could just wear it." He then grabbed most of the display and tossed it onto the counter. The clerk just smile at him, looking past him at all the girls shopping. "I see you have your hands full." She said with a purr. "You have no idea how busy one can get in Star Army. There is always something that needs hammering. You round a corner and there is it just begging. It's like, I just plugged this hole an hour ago and here we go again." He caught himself complaining about the blow off cap that was stubborn to fix in engineering. He took notice of the young Neko listening to his every word and playing with her hair. He put on a big smile as he handed her his card. "Though I am sure keeping this place in order is just as big a job." He said to switch the subject to something not work related.

Little Nepleslia, White Harbor Station

"It is very interesting how you can buy bodies by the part in the Nepleslian parts of Yamatai," Euikoshi observed, looking at the People Parts store. She went up to the window at and took a closer look at the items to find previously-used torsos, severed hands, metallic skulls, and hundreds of cybernetic eyeballs displayed like wedding rings in a row. "In Kyoto the bodies are usually just created whole or printed on demand."

Cassie looked grossed out. "Not everyone wants to me a Minkan, I suppose. I just want to stay in the body I was born with, unless I get killed."

"Did you find everything you need?" Pidole asked Yayoi. "I can't wait to wear some of these," she added, lifting her bag of clothing in triumph.

Meanwhile, Kinie gave Delmira a smile and asked, "So, what do you see in me?"

Clothing Store, Little Nepleslia

"For sure the Lavender." Sanda said. She had already picked up on the Nep intently eying the stores patrons. Part of Sanda hoped that it might be trouble. She had been longing for a fight. "If any trouble starts, I'll take care of. I've been inching for a fight. Sure There's the sparing on ship, but it's not quite the same."

She laughed at Koyama's use of the nickname. "He seems ok, although I'm picking up some Thad tendencies." Sanda commented sourly as she glanced in the direction flyboy was hiding behind a rack of clothes, keeping an eye on them. "Your want-a-be knight-in-shining-armor he's an annoying pain in 'culo'. The senator is... well, I'm not going to make any comment on him." Sanda remembered all to well the chewing out she got when when Birdman couldn't take a joke. "As for the Captain. I like him. All business. Feels like we need someone who can keep their mind focused on what are mission is. Seriously, if it wasn't for you and Yayoi, I'd have gone insane and transferred out of here."

Sanda took the two dresses she decided she wanted and paid for them. She asked the girl behind the counter where they might find a model shop and a cybernetics shop. Both were just a few shops down there.

Pidole and Koyama both received a call from captain Aoba. "I hope you're keeping the mission in mind," he started. "I want you do you know that I had another technician transferred to the ship. Her name is Miriam Norita--Nito Hei. She is another spring green leaf but this will help reduce the workload and allow us to cover more shifts. I will continue to fill out the crew as possible."

"Thank you, sir,' Pidole nodded. She could use the help, especially if the ship took actual battle damage at some point. After the call was over she mentioned to Euikoshi that they may want to modify the crew cabin assignments if they didn't want random new people coming in.

"I really don't know why they have a capacity of four instead of two,' Euikoshi grumbled. "I really like being alone with you and observing your private moments," she grinned. "I don't know what would happen if we had another roommate who might not be comfortable with my little experiments on you."

Pidole blushed. "Um, what about Poppy? She's a total pervert. She'd like it."

"Oh yeah," Euikoshi nodded, rubbing her hands together.

"Anyway, let's focus on the mission," Pidole stared.

"Okay, okay." Euikoshi started going around interviewing locals about their experiences during the Kuvexian War and how White Harbor as involved, taking digital recordings straight from her eyes and ears.

Cassie went and found Koyama. "I am feeling a little ancy," she said. "Life's easier when it's just blowing up the bad guys. I need some chances to be brave again. When are we gonna fight something?" she asked the first officer.

"Thad?" Pidole radioed. "What are you up to?"

Koyama cleared her throat delicately after listening to the Shosa. The woman's details had already been committed to her digital memory stores as soon as they'd been made available.

With a look, Cassie had their First Officer's attention. The small Neko regarded her with a piercing stare. "I do not know. That would depend on what FleetCom decides what we will do next. Unless unforeseen circumstances appear," with a barely perceptible shrug she continued: "Until then all I can say is to train. Run simulations."

But a look of concern crossed her features soon afterward, "Are you alright, Hei? After what happened on Hanako's World?" her words soft, comforting, understanding.

Thad got the message from Pidole while he was finishing up. He taps the comm on his wrist to give her a reply back. "Just finished, we meeting up now?" He asked in a kind tone of voice.

"That sounds good. I don't think we should go alone in this area of the station," Pidole said. Some of the people around here looked pretty rough. Even this shopping area had a few beggars and some suspicious dudes loitering around.

Thad could not help but grin after hearing her concern. For him this was a nice place compared to other areas he had been too before. Overall a lot less bodies and screams generally speaking. "Let meet up then so we can keep an eye on each other. I will be sure to keep the bogeyman away." He closed the comm and looked up her location. He was really enjoying the gps tracking abilities of Star Army.

Yayoi shook her head"not really, mostly been looking for our fellow crew of the best ship in the empire." She told Pidole and went back to observing the interactions. The Red dress ruffled as she moved forward to allow herself a view of the stores. "hmm.."

Yayoi could see a "People Parts" store, a money exchange, a pawn shop, several clothing stores, a hobby shop with mecha models, an izakaya, a burger place, a Kikyo Pie Company pizza shop, a Trinary Star Shipping storefront, a gun store, a thrift store, and a super lewd massage parlor that was obviously a brothel of some kind.

Cassie looked irritated. "I'm fine," she answered tersely, her eyes twitching and her tail swishing around. "I just need to not think about it. It's all in the past," she added dismissively. "I just need to stay busy. Sorry ma'am. Anyway," Cassie said, trying to change the subject away from her obvious PTSD, "I was thinking that maybe the purpose of our mission is to not only show the flag, but represent Yamatai, and I was thinking maybe we should be trying to recruit as we go around the sector, picking up people as we visit places so that our crew is a microcosm of the Kikyo Sector. What do you think?"

It did not take long for Thad to meet back up with the group. "Hey team, did you miss me?" He said as he waved one hand in the air. His other holding onto a large bags of stuff.

"I honestly find your presence comforting," Pidole admitted, staring into Thad's eyes.

Yayoi hid a smile as she observed Pidole and Thad, before the hobby store caught her attention. "be right back" she said and she stepped forward towards it soon entering the store.

Thad walked over and put his arm around Pidole. "Don't give me that look. Looking at me like I abandoned you. It's all good, place is as friendly as they get." He flexed his arm pulling her in tight before letting her go.

Koyama observed the anthropomorphic Hei's response. "I will only say this once and we will leave it at that?" she stated and questioned, "I know what you feel you are going through, Cassie." with a wave of her hand, a volumetric screen appeared before them. On it was mission details. A mission the Neko had been on. One of two survivors of a shuttle crash on an abandoned UOC station. Reactor shot, no power for breaking thrust. It had slammed into the deck with her and an Elysian as the survivors.

Injury reports showed blood loss, severe head trauma, and a brief account of wavering between lucidity and barely comprehensible action. For over ten hours she had survived on her own if barely. A body starved for resources as it had been left her in a state of weakness as what remained was prioritized to just keep her moving. There were gaps. Redacted of course, but in the end whatever it had been completed. But it had been clear, she had almost starved and succumbed from the sheer level of injuries sustained.

"I live with this fact every day. It is tough. But I wish you to know you are not alone." slowly but surely, one of her hands took up one of the furred beings and gave it a gentle squeeze. And following Cassie's cue she switched topics. Listening attentively, the jet-haired woman watched as her counterpart spoke. On occasion, she nodded and then at the end gave the thought a moment to sink in.

"There is possibly some talented people out there, Cassie. Who knows what one could find?" as if agreeing there had also been a warning laced into it. Anyone could be anything. Do anything. For good or ill. "If this is done rigorous background checks would be required. You know this, yes?"

"Yeah," Cassie nodded, embarrassed, and kind of backed away and went back to the other enlisted crew members. "Can I take everyone's bags back to the ship?" she asked. "I just wanna go to my cabin and cry for a while," she said.

"Why don't we all go back together?" Euikoshi suggested. "I got some interviews, if I do some more remotely it should be enough for a basic report. With the box ticked we can move on the the next system."

Thad had been listening in to the pair share war stories. He always felt bad to see fellow crew struggle with the hardship of war. It was a game no one ever won and few walked away from unaffected. He being the type of person he is, walked over to Cassie. "Come on then, those sheets are not going to soak themselves with tears." He said with a smile as he picked her up princess style.

OOC: JP by @Wes @Charaa @Soresu @Miko

Delmira was being mischievous as always and had pulled Kinie into a store to try on some outfits. When the two neko had exited the store Thad was gone! "Huh." Delmira said. "Did i miss something?" She said looking at Kinie before giving a shrug. "So want to get some lunch together, like a sort of mini date?" She asked fixing the other neko with a inquisitive look her tail still behind her.

Zanven continued to wait, meanwhile he was browsing his personal computer to start browsing the models of the mech that were available. He currently did not have his collection with him since his new placement and was debating on whether or not he actually keeps a new collection in his quarters or if he sends it home to complete once he is home. He really was not some sort of man looking to use his position in the army to get women or anything like that, but he was grateful of all the women he HAS seen while out on deployment so far. He did wonder what Thad was up to, but banished the thought of trying to contact him out of the blue.

He did however make an appointment for whenever he made it back onto the ship tonight to get all of his medical work done so that he could be approved for mission status. He was waiting for the two women to come out once they were done, but hey he was at least not bored.

Sanda...asked the girl behind the counter where they might find a model shop and a cybernetics shop. Both were just a few shops down there.
The employee was pleased to be able to tell Sanda that there was a hobby shop with models very nearby, just a few stores away in this shopping area. And there was a shop nearby with cybernetics, just in front of Euikoshi and Pidole.
"So want to get some lunch together, like a sort of mini date?"
"Sure!" Kinie said. "I'll pay, since officers make more. I have a coupon for that pizza place if you want pizza, but I'm open for anything if you want something different."

Sanda thanked the girl behind the counter and headed out. She saw that Koyama was in what appeared to be a serious conversation with Cassie and didn't want to interrupt. She instead flashed Koyama some quick hand signals. Going to Cybernetics and model store, few doors down. Taking flyboy. Join when you can. Sanda knew that Koyama would understand.

She found Zanven outside and motioned to him. "Koyama is busy with Cassie at the moment. XO stuff. We're in luck, there's a cybernetic store right beside a model store just a few shops down." Sanda glanced at her time piece. Where did the time go? "We'll have time to check out both stores before we need to report back to the ship." Sanda also remembered she had promised Rossa she'd pick her up some new spices. She'd have to move quick if she was to get that stuff for her but there was still time. She turned her attention to Zanven and asked, "Did you get anything nice in there?" As soon as she asked her face frowned and she quickly added, "If it's underwear I don't want to hear about it. I don't care what underwear you, o cualquier otra persona en todo el maldito barco viste!" She took a deep breath. "Sorry about that. My heritage comes out when I get worked up."

A little later Euikoshi and Pidole arrived back on the ship, loaded down with the bags Thad had told them he'd carry, because Cassie was curled up in Thad's beefy arms. The high-speed tram ride through the massive station had given her time to cry and she looked up at Thad as they entered the Resurgence and said, "I'm really sorry for crying all over your uniform. I guess I couldn't wait to soak your sheets. I mean my sheets. I mean..." she blushed, her eyes looking away and then back to his. "This may be a weird time to say this but I really like you. Do you...do you want to be my boyfriend?" the anthro asked nervously.

The Lonely Expanse
If anyone were present near the control board, at the HQ of White Harbor's call center, a previously dim switchboard bulb would light up. The notification would blink until it was acknowledged, and it would alert all present of a distress signal coming from an unaffiliated source. Should details have been pulled on this unusual call, those observing would discover the distress signal coming from outside planet Anisa's atmosphere, within orbit but too far away to make entry. Re-entry for this unfortunate vessel would be dangerous anyway...

...Cold was the only sensation felt on the ship lately. Lethargy, weakness, and insentience withered any lingering resolve. The ship was a vacant, sad reminder of its former glory and purpose. Stunning metalsmithing reduced to pitiful, exposed remnants. Clean and polished craftsmanship deconstructed out of necessity. Luckily the ship still functioned, and all the processes programmed into the ship worked properly. They simply didn't have the finish and refinement to conceal their wires and inner machinations. Case in point the ship did its job: keeping what relied upon it to survive, alive. Barely.
Up at the bridge sat a sad figure, slumped over onto the slant of the clean glass top. Too feeble to move, too malnourished to care. The sickly, pale operator was fast asleep, shivering as he slumbered. Often times the shivering awoke the languid individual, exhausted eyelids barely opening in response. It hurt to open his eyes anyhow. Photophobia settled in a long time ago, and while it didn't bother the lad at first, the slow introduction of a sun and revolving planets gradually exacerbated it. Pain froze his eyebrows upward and tension pulled his face taut. But he wouldn't move to get away from it, not when he lost strength in his legs for the day.

He was fortunate he moved in his sleep. A subconscious readjustment shifted his sore frame, his head landing on the manually operated broadcaster. As long as the indicator registered pressure, the signal would continue.

Sanda got to him soon after and told him that there was an issue with the XO's and Zanven said no more. He knew better than to pry into those kinds of things and followed when motioned to do so. Sanda explained that there was a cybernetics store next to the model store and Zanven was relieved as he knew that was a place that Sanda said she wanted to go. He glanced at the time as she did and the two looked at each other with that same look, before she said that they did in fact have time to hit both stores before they had to report back, then asked about what he found inside the clothing store. "Well I was able to find some clothes that I could wear when we are on shore leave...other than that, the underwear are a private matter anyway for now." He said with a chuckle before interjecting once more. "So since the shops are next to one another, split and git while we are there and meet back up in front of the shop before heading back, sound fair? If there is anything in the model shop I can grab for you or Koyama I would be happy to." He said as they neared their destination. He did not say anything about her break in language and thought nothing of it before smiling and heading for the door of the model shop. "See you in ten minutes?" He called out.

Bridge

Captain Aoba emerged onto the bridge still zipping up his uniform jacket, causing the dimmed lights to automatically turn on. The entire bridge crew was still out shopping. He leaned over a control panel to get more details on the source of the distress call. It was surprising to see such a thing in the safety of the Anisa system. At first he assumed one of the local patrolling defense ships or the Yamatai Security Agency's "coast guard" ships would handle it but suddenly he got a call to ask in if the Resurgence was available to check it out. Aoba answered affirmatively and fired up the ship's systems.

The captain then grabbed a ship intercom phone and dialed the ship-wide announcement channel. "Attention all hands, this is the captain speaking. Set condition 4 throughout the ship. Resurgence will depart immediately to check out a ship in distress. Sakuko: I need you to take a shuttle and wait in the docking area to gather crew members left on the station. Beryl prep a shuttle for boarding, and Thad and Cassie prepare for an away mission to the ship. Pidole, be ready to provide technical assistance to the other ship. That is all." Next, Aoba sent a wireless message to the crew on White Harbor station: "ATTN: Ship departing unexpectedly to provide assistance to vessel in distress. Sakuko will be waiting for you in the dock. Return to Resurgence as soon as you're able."

Euikoshi came onto the bridge a moment later, taking a seat at the science/sensors station.

Aoba jacked in to the ship's controls using a wireless SPINE connection and the ship undocked automatically and got moving.

Once they got closer, Aoba transmitted, "Attention unidentified vessel, this Captain Aoba Kuranosuke of the Star Army of Yamatai warship Y.S.S. Resurgence, NG-S1-575. You are currently in the territory of the Yamatai Star Empire. For your safety, do not attempt to approach Anisa without authorization. Identify yourself, and say if you require emergency assistance."

In too Deep

Everything was going according to the plan Thad had no idea he was going to be a part of. What started out as being the mule to carry all the things back to the ship had turned into him being friendly. Granted this did save him from having to carrying all those bags, however this has lead to a new challenge. In his arms was a sobbing Cassie who had finally recovered from soaking his shirt. In a knee jerk reaction to save her from Koyama he was now left with a tough decision. Though without even thinking on it he knew the right answer.

After being left alone for so long, it would only make sense to gravitate towards the warm secure arms of another. And who better than the ripped from head to toe Thad to be the one to fit the bill. He smile and wasted no time to give a reply. "I like you too Cassie. Cute how after soaking my shirt you still mustered the nerve to ask such a serious question." His smile grew even bigger. "How about we first make it back to our bunks and talk, before we make it official? Plus I need to have a change of clothes." Thad knew he had to walk a fine line with this moment. Personally he'd have no issue with jumping into this with both feet. Though looking out for her, thought it would be best to give her a little time to gather her thoughts. He leaned forward and gave her a kiss on the forehead, just to make sure his intentions were clear. "Though jury is still out on who's sheets will be getting soaked." He grinned and gave her a wink.

Last edited:
Koyama made to reach for Cassie, but thinking better of it looked down and sighed. Letting them go, the Neko turned to the clothing racks. It didn't take her overly long to find things suited to her tastes. Or perhaps outside of them. Trying something new. While what she had purchased had been placed in a bag, her KS card went through the reader and she offered a friendly smile to the clerk. Near the exit, the squat SOL followed the XO out his eyes never leaving her. After crossing the threshold, Koyama heard a hock and spit on the deck. To her sensitive ears, she'd heard the viscous fluid splat against the metal.

It lasted only a moment, but the woman had halted, back to the man, and casually looked over her shoulder. One eye glinting unnervingly in the harsh lighting. Gold on the verge of melting holding his gaze with some regard. It was a test of patience. Holding that stare until he finally scoffed, muttered under his breath, and stomped back inside. A few seconds passed as she continued to look in that direction. Just to make sure he'd left. The purchases in her bag, Koyama activated her skin-based holographics. The officer's bodysuit melted away into a plum-colored, chiffon blouse and black capris. Her boots became shoes, lace-ups black with a hammered, metal-looking heel and even a gold buckle atop each.

Where once skin was covered it was now 'exposed' by the impromptu transformation and approximation. In a somewhat petulant fashion, the officer flipped her hair and moved on.

Tracking the pilot and ranger proved a relatively easy task. Between Sanda's tattoo and Zanven's own unique look, she had asked White Harbor's Seer system.

"Is he inside?" Koyama asked as she walked with a smooth, artless grace bag in hand her new outfit projected over her uniform. Of course, this hadn't stopped her holster or the NSP from showing through. But with a little creativity had worked it to look as if the belt she now projected about her waist had the holster clipped on.

Not waiting for an answer from Sanda, the shorter of the pair peered inside and saw the pilot. Then leaning back out, the ranger's superior lifted an eyebrow. "I will just get what I want to be delivered to the ship." that eyebrow still raised questioningly toward the Nepleslian woman, "Unless you are also a hobbyist?" letting the question hang as Aoba's message played through her mind. With a grimace, the woman sighed, shook her head and looked to her female counterpart.

"Shopping is over."

The initiator of this distress signal continued to sleep, unaware what was going on outside of the ship. He would stay that way until the ship's radar bleeped, hinting at the approach of the YSS Resurgence long before they opened intercoms. His rising would be painfully slow, literally ans meraphorically, and he wedged his eyelids apart as wide as they would go. Photophobia made this struggling survivor wince at the introduction of bright light. It wasn't until his brain informed him what was happening that he brought his head up off the table.

The manually operated distress signal slowly faded out. The lad forced a thin, bony arm out from in front of him to brace himself. He leaned towards the radar, watching a flashing dot approach the center through squinting eyes. Something was coming towards the ship, and red eyes widened slightly with fear and surprise.
It took considerable willpower to push himself back to his old position. Sweat beaded his forehead and dampened his arms as the weak space-farer assessed the control board. The distress signal went off, and he recognized the fading notification as it dimmed away. Panic grew as he tried to relocate the button, hoping whatever came towards the ship was alive, if not friendly. He didn't care who found him by this point! He just wanted to live!

A blaring announcement over the ship's speakers overwhelmed his sensitive ears. His hands rose to instinctually block out the sound as his face grimaced in pain. Despite his noise-cancelling attempts he still heard the message. The large ship approached his small vessel, blocking out the reflective surface of the planet and silhouetting itself through the backlight. The young man now scrambled to answer the broadcast, red eyes darting frantically to locate the microphone's switch button. Where was it? Where was it?!

For a while, Captain Aoba would hear silence in return.

A crackling noise bloomed out of the silence. It created an overlay of static, drowning the clarity of the transmission. Eventually, the static paused to let a frail, tiny voice slip through. The Captain would have to listen closely to pick up the return call.

"Hel...Hello...?" The lad's voice creaked with disuse, barely above a whisper. "My name... is M-..." the voice struggled saying this word, as if his throat clogged up and his mouth were frozen. He tried his best. "My name is M-... Mor-... Mo-ri-vai." That sentence took up all his strength, his words devolving into a pitiful sniveling. It was the first time Morivai had outside contact in who knows how long.

"...Help me. Please, help me..."

Cybernetics shop

Sanda looked around in child-like wonder at all the cybernetics the shop offered. Eyes that could read the fine print at a mile away or had built in heads up displays. Even one that had a built in one shot laser. Power arms for increased strength or with hidden weapons. Legs for increased speed or built in hover tech like that of the nekos.

"Looking for anything in particular?" Asked a shop worker. The girl had two glowing eyes and metal left arm. Sanda smiled, "Just browsing really. I'm pretty pleased with the hardware I've got but I always like to see what's out there." The girl smiled "I know what you mean." She eyed Sanda's tattoos and nodded approvingly. "Nice lighting." Sanda smiled back, "Thanks." The girl thought a moment. "I've got something I think you might like." She moved over to a display for cybernetic hands. Behind the glass were hands made of different materials, some with hidden blades or other tools, some had tools instead of fingers or other weapons.

The girl took out one that was a non-reflected black hand that was obviously mechanical. With twist and a pop her own wrist detached itself from her arm and she attached the black one. Sanda watched with interest as the girl powered in on and held it up for Sanda to see. She snapped her fingers and it sparked brightly. So brightly that Sanda saw spots before her real eye. Her cyborg one automatically darkened. The girl made a fist and slowly opened her hand. An arc of blue electricity was jumping between her fingers. Sanda watched with mouth hanging open. That was cool. "Trueno Santo. What else does it do?" The girl smiled, "Its got enough juice in it stun the average person. It'll certainly fry any basic electronics, probably not military grade stuff but we've got some prototypes we're working on." Sanda smiled with anticipation. "May I?"

Sanda's right arm and shoulder had been replaced after the battle of Glimmergold. She had opted for one that looked like a regular arm but benighted the artificial skin was a arm of metal that gave her twice the strength as before. She had a couple of variants back on the ship. She removed her own wrist and attached the black one. It took a few minuets for the wrists interface to sink with her own hardware. Once completed Sanda snapped her fingers as the girl had done. "Ohhh Yeaaa!" The spark was electrifying, not just in her hand, but through her whole body. She created a spark and then watched in fascination as it played around her fingers. The shop girl smiled at Sanda's reaction and said, "The only problem is it uses quite a bit of power. Your current arm might not be sufficient enough for long periods of time."

Sanda was about to ask for more details when Koyama appeared. Followed shortly by a message from the Captain. "Damn." Sanda sighed and glanced at the shop girl. "Duty calls. I'll take it, I'll send my specs later and you can ship it to me." Sanda removed the hand and cast a longing look at it as she reattached her own. As she turned her attention back to Koyama, Sanda's mentality changed. It was a switch from carefree shopping to Star Army Ranger again. She was ready to go. "Any idea what we've got going on Ma'am?"

The shop was fantastic, many models that were actual metal frames and even some limited edition frames of some mecha that has not been in use for decades. Honestly he was at a loss, but also noticed there was a table top game going with a holo deck portraying a battlefield with players playing different characters in their own mecha. He was about to purchase models before he noticed that the shop carried actual books of the tabletop game...He could not help it as he bought some basic rulesets and a beginners kit. If he liked it he could always order more. He paid just as the orders came in, and he looked up before taking his bag and went outside. Koyama and Sanda had either left already before him or were still stuck inside...he was not going to be left behind so he made the decision to make his way back to the ship alone. "So much for making friends..." He said to himself as he was quick to get back to the Resurgence shuttle so he could receive orders.

As he arrived to the shuttle he noticed he was not the first one, but he also did not see the others there..."Well I will be seen as an asshole or something...heh." He thought to himself as he waited for departure, taking a seat near the back. He too was wondering what happened to speed up their departure.

Bridge

Euikoshi scanned the Senti ship as the Resurgence approached it.

"Mr. Morivai, we are sending a team to come aboard your vessel and assist you. Try to stay calm and alert and do not give up. If you have life support issues maybe you can use an emegency breathing apparatus or a spacesuit in the meantime," Captain Aoba suggested over the radio.

Shuttle Bay

Beryl stepped into her Type 28 AMES spacesuit one foot at a time and did a little bouncing as she tucked it up over herself and closed it up, leaving the belt and helmet off for now so it didn't get in the way of sitting in the shuttle. Being a supply specialist she chose the large cargo shuttle, NG-S1-575-2, a Ke-T7 model, for the away mission and got it powered up as she awaited the away team.

Thad did not get the chance to return Cassie to their bunks before being called out for a mission. Guess he'd just have to leave her hanging till after the mission. Afterall, that ship was not going to save itself. Thad placed Cassie back on the deck so he could return the call. "You got it captain, we are already almost there." He then looked to her with a smile. "Guess we will have to take care of business first."

Cassie made the most disgusted angry scowl and went to the power armor bay and suited up in her MINDY armor suit before stomping across into the shuttle bay and silently taking a seat in the back of the shuttle Beryl had warmed up.

White Harbor

Meanwhile Sakuko had the other Ke-T7, NG-S1-575-3, waiting for the crew when they arrived back at the station's docking area, ready to bring them back to the Resurgence.

Yayoi allowed herself to smile as the sales lady placed her model kit in a bag for her when she got the message. Fortunately, at that time, she was handing it over to her so she could just leave without worries. She walked out of the store and made her way to the shuttle bay. The dress disappeared only to be replaced by her uniform.

"Oh, hi!" Sakuko waved to Yayoi back through the open cockpit hatch. "I figured I might be waiting a while because the station's size means it takes a while to get around. I'm glad to see someone so soon," she half-shouted over the shuttle's soft rumbling, buzzing, and whining of air and power systems. "I can have everyone back in no time once we have everyone."

Yayoi waved as she hurriedly placed her bags into the cargo part of the shuttle and then went into her seat and relaxed.

Soon the others from the station joined Yayoi and they were on their way back to their ship.

Shuttle NG-S1-575-2

Once the away team got on the shuttle from the Resurgence headed over to the unknown vessel to look for an airlock or docking port they could use to board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back