Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Returnee here!

PaleAsteria

Inactive Member
🔰 New Member
What do you call yourself?
You can just call me Asteria c:

How'd you find Star Army?
What feels like forever ago, I saw a banner ad (it was like 2008ish?)

What interested you in joining?
Honestly I'm not sure, I just had a lot of fond memories here, but I was young and absolutely awful at RP back then. I'm clearly more than a little curious how it feels to be back on the site now that I've come into my own.

Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before?
Yes. c:
It may not be text-based, but I run multiple DnD games every week, and end up being team mom in most group settings, so I like to think I have a good sense of helping my co-players shine through my contributions and actions.

Any previous experiences you want to share?
Well, I did manage to run a game of DnD so emotionally charged and cathartic it brought the whole table to a sobbing mess, so that's my badge of honor in the RP realm. (it was a magical girl styled game about getting through trauma. Heavy stuff, but like I said, cathartic.)

Now for the questionnaire!

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters?
    Female by a large margin, though playing male or other gendered characters could certainly have a charm.
  • Spontaneous or planned RP?
    Either, I'm a DnDer and a Writer.
  • Military or civilian characters?
    Both! I like a good balance of intrapersonal drama and action.
  • Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens?
    I've been rather jazzed to try playing an alien, but hey, I'm up for whatever. I can find fun in whatever archetype.
  • Being on a starship or being on a planet?
    Either sounds fun to me.
  • Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time?
    Either way works for me, I'm flexible and experienced with both.
On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language:
    up to 3
  • Violence:
    up to 3
  • Sexuality:
    up to 3
What's something cool you'd love to RP?
I don't honestly have anything specific in mind that I'm looking to RP in particular. It's the community and setting that have drawn me back moreso than a burning desire to RP something specific.

Howdy, Asteria! Welcome back. You probably don't remember me, since I only joined on Friday. I may end up asking you lots of questions. :P

RPG-D RPGfix
Back