• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: ZHS [S2:E1] Summer Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tenshi Fuyakawa, the petite, lithe build Nekovalkryja that had been previously part of the Mayame Officer School was also part of the assembly. Her small, yet noble form was pressed between the other larger Nekovalkyrja. Her face devoid of emotion as she took in the given information. Gloved hands, yet fingers sliced out of the fabric, folded together behind her back. Due to her smaller size, it was hard to see. But she was more than grateful for the volume and clear speech pattern of the principal. A soft breath was exhaled as they were told to move it. The brunt of the group moved out. Tenshi just waited patiently for most of them to withdraw before she herself turned on her feet. Blowing a stray hair from her face. A hand moving up to the copper coloured Kenseikan she had decided to braid her hair in today. A large duffel bag thrown over her shoulder.

The small Nekovalkyrja followed the group. Though not without studying their surroundings quite thoroughly. Each step in each direction was something she made sure to jot down into memory. Taking to heart the several details they passed to finally reach the dorm. Pulling up her touchcomputer, Tenshi started to go on autopilot once the dorms came in view. Looking up the details of exactly where she'd reside and moving towards. Not saying a word, she wasn't too keen on opening up a conversation just yet. Not before getting a bearing of her surroundings and meeting her potential roommate.

Addaiel Ryu huffed and puffed as he jogged to rejoin his classmates after becoming distracted by what he swore was a tiger prowling off in the distance on the school grounds. Fascinating! Was there actually a population of tigers living in this region despite it being a poor habitat for the reclusive beasts?!

He had to admit he was a little nervous. So far in his four months of life, he hadn't had any real schooling. Cadiel, an Elysian zoologist and the closest thing the young neko-boy had to a father, had been his main source of knowledge. The fact that he was suddenly being thrust into a special academy was a little overwhelming.

However, he couldn't help but feel excited. Having been born with his biological mother's personality, his mind was filled with all sorts of military knowledge that needed an outlet. Skadi had been a sniper, and it was his natural talent with a rifle that had caught the attention of Zenjinkaze. Cadiel had been an excellent teacher of sciences and other stuff, but he wasn't really fit to teach combat skills.

Addaiel finally caught up to his classmates, his cheeks red, as he hefted his military-style duffel over his shoulder.

"Hi! I'm Addaiel! Nice to meet all of you!" he gasped out.

'Stupid! Now they all think you're a dufus!' he groaned at himself internally. Soon after shaky introduction, a little black shape flapped its way down out of the sky and landed on his shoulder. It was a little, black dragon with blue eyes that matched his own. It had shown up in a box on Cadiel's doorstep a few weeks ago without a return address. A little note had been attached that read: "To my little Ryu."

The only contact he'd had with his mother in his entire life.

"A-And this is Lightning!" he added, holding out his arm and allowing the robotic reptile to climb along his arm. Lighting made a little squawking noise and began to sniff the air, filled with fresh scents for it to archive.

Keiko had been about to head off to her room to sort out the last couple of her belongings when the new student made, his? Announcement. While the neko had still been waiting to hear from gunnhild she turned with the sound behind her and looked at the student who'd started the commotion. Slightly off to one side she spotted another figure standing out slightly, it was clear she had prepared for this day to look her best and seemed to be doing much the same thing that Keiko herself usually did, avoiding others and blending with the crowd.

"Nice to meet you too. I'm Keiko Surino." The tomato neko said plainly and politely, the small robotic creature wandering around on his arm wasn't something she'd seen before but she doubted it was much more than sentimental. With her mind jogged by the loud announcement of this new student she began to wonder, should she introduce herself as well? Keiko had avoided making a scene for the exact reason of hoping to blend in, she knew she would have to eventually but perhaps not like that or people might think she was trying to prove something.

Despite it going against her usual standards, Keiko moved over to the newcommer and his pet. "So what is this device you've got here?" The red neko asked, again using limited word numbers when meeting someone for the first time, at this point for her it was almost involuntary to use one line at a time with strangers.

Gunnhild was about to answer Keiko's offer of helping her carry her stuff when another neko abruptly jumped in and began introducing themself, no not themself - rather himself and the pet that scurried around on his arm. She hadn't recalled seeing a male neko before, a joke about having two tails popped into her head but something else in her said it would only be in poor taste.

The sudden and loud greeting caught her off guard a little though, causing the strawberry-blonde neko to do whatever the hovering equivalent of tripping over would be - right into a shorter neko with copper pieces lining her hair. Gunny landed on her back and somehow the aviators stayed on her face as she began recovering and apologising. "Shit, crap, I'm sorry - didn't see you there," she said, grabbing what she thought was her own bag while offering the other hand down to help up the victim of her clumsiness.

Keiko looked down at Gunnhild, having tripped into the other interesting student she had seen earlier who also seemed to be avoiding too much contact with others, and frowned. "You should watch your language Gunnhi- Gunny, we are still in a school and you could upset someone." Keiko said politely smoothing her uniform out of habit.

It seemed like she wouldn't be able to catch a break this time, already she'd befriended a very excitable gun wielder and now stumbled into these other two. Perhaps it would be good for her to try and make some new friends and be a little more open to interaction rather than spending all her time on training and study. But at the same time the concept scared her too much, waiting would be the best course.

"If you will all excuse me I need to see to my room for a moment, I will return in just a moment. I need to ensure an item of mine was delivered." Keiko said plainly before turning and heading into her room which conveniently was nearby to the main area.

"O-Oh, he's a robotic dragon made by Havok Customs. It's a growing tech company headed by Jackson... Howard..." Addaiel trailed off as Keiko walked away. Talk about awkward. At least he didn't have to give her his rant about his man-crush. That embarrassment would be reserved for another day.

Zenjinkaze fighting high school
Dorms

A small conversation was gathering just a door over from Tenshi. A couple of Nekos that no sooner was met with a third one. A male Nekovalkyrja? Her eyes moved over to Addaiel, before back to her door as she moved through the information of her computer. Before she was suddenly caught off gaurd by one of the females crashing into her from her hovering. Smacking into her exposed back. Causing Tenshi to drop down to the ground, whilst she turned on her feet. Back thumping against the slick flooring. "Can yo-hrkk..." Tenshi's eyes widened as her breath was ripped from her lungs, due to Gunnhild dropping ontop of her all of a sudden. The lithe Nekovalkyrja had little stature and thus, easily knocked to the ground.

When Gunnhild moved to stand up and offer a hand, Tenshi coughed faintly, feeling one of the metal Kenseikan of her back poking uncomfortably between her ribs. Though she grasped the gesture and got up. Taking several deep breaths to recover and straighten out her robes. Feeling at the pristine white gloves to make sure they were on still. "No worries, just be," another deep breath as she recovered herself fully. Hands moving up to travel through her hair and adjust the copper pieces. "Be more mindful next time-... Gunny," Tenshi stated, a soft grin appearing on her face. Hoping it'd assure the taller individual. She then looked at Addaiel and Keiko who decided to walk off. "Tenshi," she stated, pressing several fingers just above her collarbone. "Tenshi Fuyakawa, a pleasure, Addaiel Ryu-san," her eyes moved to Gunnhild. "Gunny-...San? I presume Gunny's a nickname?"

Keiko didn't look back as she left the small group, she didn't feel guilt over leaving them when the conversation was just getting started after all she was used to doing this sort of thing to go and study or train. But she had told them she would come back and intended to make good on that, just as soon as she knew all of her belongings had been moved from her room on standard campus to the new one. Slipping in through the door with the key she had kept from the last year here she closed it softly behind her and looked around the familiar room, everything was exactly where she'd left it and it provided some sense of comfort for her to see this.

Moving over to the few boxes and bags of her stuff she looked though the largest one, not finding what she had been looking for the neko moved on to the next and the next. Before finally having a light-bulb moment and crawling on her hands and knees to check under the bed, sitting there was the recognizable carry case she had been searching for and she breathed a sigh of relief. With nothing else of great concern to check for Keiko did a once over on her wardrobe, happy to see all of her clothing had been moved before moving back to the door.

After slipping back through the door and locking it behind her she hid her key once more, she didn't think the others would have keys for their rooms yet so someone may get suspicious if they knew she'd gotten in without one of the staff members opening the door for her. Then again they hadn't met any of them since arriving at the dorms areas so perhaps all the rooms were unlocked for now for the new students to get in and meet their roommates. As she made her way back to the small group the red neko realised she had left Addaiel hanging when she left earlier, well hopefully he could forgive her as a robotic dragon actually sounded pretty interesting.

Gunnhild rolled her eyes as Toma told her off for cursing "Yes Mum, I'm sorry" she let out in a teasing and quite obviously joking way as the red skinned neko retreated to her room. She turned back to her victim and gave an apologetic smile, "Yeah it's a nickname, Gunnhild Grimsdottir is a bit of a mouthful so I decided to just butcher the first part instead... that and I like guns, quite a bit so heh - I'm glad you're okay though, we almost had an even more awkward start to school life. It's nice to meet you Tenshi, haven't thought of a nickname for you yet sorry"

Her eyes drifted over to the 'two tailed neko' she had seen earlier and two fingers were placed in her mouth, a loud whistle pierced the air as she tried to get his attention. "Addaiel! uhh, I'm gonna call you Addi! get over here boy and bring that cute little friend of yours" Gunnhild half yelled at him but not in a forceful or threatening way, if it wasn't clear before then it should be clear now that Gunny was quite a loud person.

Addaiel shrugged and moved over to Gunny. Lightning chirped in curiosity and flapped over to land on Gunny's head, draping over it like a scarf and sniffing her neck. Addaiel gave Tenshi a little wave, oblivious to his pet's behavior. When he glanced over and saw where Lightning had run off to, Addaiel gasped in horror.

"Lightning! Bad! Don't land on people unless they give you permission!" Addi cried quietly, reaching out as if to take the dragon back. Lightning craned his neck and looked back at his owner guiltily.

Last edited:
Gunnhild's face screwed up slightly as the dragon perched itself amongst her partially unkempt strawberry-blonde locks and began inhaling her scent, confusion froze the neko for a brief second until realization hit her that the small dragon thought she was interesting. Her free hand moved up and gave the little creature a scratch under its chin with one finger. "Nah it's okay, I don't know what it is but the cutie seems alright in my books - just like its owner" she said with a cheeky wink at the end as the boy freaked out over what she perceived as nothing worth worrying about.

Keiko watched the exchange with mild interest, it seemed that this robotic pet more or less had a mind of its own, that was fairly impressive in itself. Gunny reacted in a slightly unexpected way, the tomato neko hadn't thought she would be frozen in such a way from such a small action from the machine. It was a good thing she didn't react violently though, that could have caused issues considering it sounded like Addaiel was quite attached to it.

Keiko shook her head, why was she analysing this situation so intently, it was a simple exchange of events and normal people didn't try to find the cause and effect of every little action. Or play out alternate scenarios in their head for that matter. Sighing to herself she thought inwardly, I think I need to get out a little more. Even as she finished the thought her mind had other ideas and shut it down, she was here to learn and should be only interested in that.

It would be a tough year.

Addaiel just gave a little smile.

"Aw, why thank you." He said in an almost teasing sort of way. Meanwhile, Lightning squeezed his eyes shut and purred in delight.

Crisis averted.

"Gunnhild... Grimsdottir-...?" She frowned momentarily, before giving the girl's apologetic and slightly emberassed smile a warm one in return. "Sounds exotic," she added with a soft chuckle, before shrugging. "A gun nut?" She held up her arm and grasped her bicep. "I've always been one for the more physical arts," she answered, winking and extending her tongue momentarily in a teasing manner. "And no nickname needed. It's short, it's sweet, it gets the job done," she added, to reassure Gunnhild she had no need of a nickname.

She noted how her touchcomputer was still on the floor. A soft whince coming from her as she went to flip it over, to see the screen. Fearing the worst.

Defeated, she dropped to her knees. Her head glancing towards the cracked screen. "Nooooo!" She cried out, feigning drama. She raised her head to shout out to the heavens. But they remained silent. No answer to her laments.

The first one to speak, would be met with a raised finger. Her hushed voice seeping in in return. "Let me weep," she stated, taking several seconds before gathering the touchcomputer and just dropping it in her backpack, turning to face Addaiel and Gunny. "Well, that just sucks," she hummed, before glancing over to Addaiel. "I'm-... I need to ask, though," she frowned momentarily. "Please don't take this the wrong way-... But where you ah... Created male? Or did you get a body transfer?" She questioned, before raising her hands. "You needn't answer if you don't want to!"

Gunnhild was about to apologise when the silencing finger was raised, giving an apologetic smile as the message "Crap, sorry" was mentally projected to the victim of her earlier clumsiness. She put both her hands on the small creature that had grown fond of her affection, attempting to hold it to her chest for some reason she couldn't quite figure out but just knew it felt right.

The elephant in the room was addressed and Gunny span around slowly with a mischievous grin on her face as deep blue eyes rested on Addi, she couldn't bare waiting around for a better opportunity to say what had been on her mind for a short while now. "Yeah actually..." the strawberry-blonde neko began, sounding overly curious almost to the point of it being satire. "Did you come with two tails or was the second one ahem additional?"

There was no ill intent behind her words, simply a seized opportunity to make a small joke - hopefully at nobody's expense as she began rubbing the belly that belonged to the smallest synthetic creature within eyesight, the boy's pet.

Addaiel quirked an eyebrow in confusion. He looked between the two girls, seemingly having no clue what they were talking about.

"...You mean... you didn't get one too? I thought every Neko had a 'second tail'." he asked. But then, he smiled easily and relaxed.

"Just playing. Yeah, I had a body transfer shortly after I was born. Just felt right, you know?"

Meanwhile, he couldn't help but feel proud of Lightning. He'd proven himself to be the perfect chick-magnet. He lay in Gunny's arms as limp as a rag doll, occasionally fluttering his wings when the other Neko hit just the right spot.

Keiko had been a little surprised, again, by the theatrics that played out before her over something as trivial as a touchcomputer. They were easily replaced and yet this girl was heartbroken- or so she thought until it appeared that she was instantly over it. Going over it in her head the neko realised her mistake was falling for the act, and to think that something that simple had fooled her when she had practiced to see feints in combat, was she off her game after only a single unit of regular classes. The shock didn't stop there however as they both seemed to have the same thought and asked the poor boy about his unusual gender considering their species, well, model.

Keiko would have said something too but it seemed he was comfortable enough answering the question, even returning Gunny's joke. Since the trio appeared to be enjoying each others company she decided not to interject, she had already met them all and it's not like she was being rude by letting her mind wander to think right? Although she couldn't deny the little dragon was interesting she herself was not completely charmed by the creature, she did kind of wish she would get a chance to play with it though.

While the second year tried to convince herself she wasn't jealous another thought crossed her mind, and almost automatically she went to raise her hand for the opportunity to speak as though in class. Stopping her hand and instead acting as though she was just scratching her head she spoke.

"Given your, second tail, as it were. Have you been assigned a different dorm area to the girls or are we expected to live with you among our rooms, potentially next door?" The question was simple, however the execution was not and without thinking of her tone of voice it was quite upfront and blunt.

Despite her boldness and somewhat over the top personality, in actuality Gunny was still not very knowledgeable about the world and stuff that went on in it - being only a few months old at most and knowing only what it was deemed she needed to know, bar her love for gunslingers being perhaps the only exception, and having never met a male neko before nor having much of an idea what was different besides something that was kind of like a tail - her mind began wandering.

The little creature known as lightning seemed happy enough so Gunnhild didn't cease her assault on the adorable little being's belly as she began speaking, "Do uhm do you have to brush it orr...?" she asked rather innocently after Keiko asked her own question. Each of the people she'd met so far seemed really cool and now that she knew their names, Gunny went back to the room-roster to check if any of their names were next to hers, secretly she was hoping Addi was in the same room or at least close by so she had easy access to the dragon.

"Huh," Tenshi spoke, frowning and folding her arms and nodding. "Well. If it feels right, it just does," she answered with a gentle smile at Addaiel. Before looking at Keiko, who posed her own question. She still had none, just the curiousity about the male Neko that had now been sated. Then, she glanced back towards Gunny, who also had another question. A rather personal one. Feeling tinges of a pink blush appearing on her cheeks, Tenshi coughed and glanced over at Gunny, thumping her arm softly with her elbow. "That's...- Not all too proper," she murmured.

Addaiel quirked an eyebrow at Keiko in confusion. A Neko worrying over the separation of genders?

"Uh... I dunno. I wouldn't think so, given that we're being trained for military service, and the Star Army doesn't separate the sexes. If you're that worried about it, I would suggest always knocking." he replied with a shrug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back