• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission S6-MWS2 "Harbinger"

Jack Pine

Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=faction:section6:guns:s6-mws2
List Any Unapproved Sub-Articles
Submission Faction(s)
  1. NDC
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
Man, fair warning, this one is a doosie. Been working on a new weapons system that can be setup for 1 of 5 different roles, and uses a new ammo type Madi helped design. Sorry in advance, as there ARE SO MANY TABLES.

The ammo: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=faction:section6:ammo:s6-scpr
This one comes in 7 calibers.

Please enjoy TABLEZILLLAAA!

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Can we all agree that wip things belong in the wip namespace? This isn’t a review thing, but just like general good habits.

I’d have done it but I’m on my phone at the moment. Just something to keep in mind before ever submitting an article.

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ❌ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here's some fixes this article still needs:

1. The DRs are way way way too high. Based on other weapons on the site, I've determined some more appropriate DR values.

The SMG should be brought down to tier 1, given that other SMGs using larger rounds have a tier of 1 or 2 when converted to DRv3

The LMG and Carbine should be brought down to tier 2, given that other carbines, when converted to DRv3 have a rating of tier 2 and other LMGs ( I used the SPAID's 6.8mm rounds for a benchmark, as well as origin's larger rounds so I'm being fairly generous here) have a tier of roughly 2.

The DMR, compared to other 7.62mm weapons, seems like it should be at tier 3.

And the HSR, I'll say should be at tier 4 like other rail launched 12.7mm rounds (which are more massive generally)

When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

I did a lot of research and damage conversion for this review, so I'm confident in the accuracy of my estimations

Last edited:
I would officially like to ask for a different reviewer as my right as a submitted.

Reason: antagonistic behavior over discord in relation to my submission.

@Jack Pine - I've finished looking over the S6-SCPR and will be looking over the Harbinger itself in an hour or so (as I have to do some stuff IRL); once I'm done looking over the latter, I'll be posting my review.

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ❌ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here are some fixes this article still needs:
  1. For the S6-SCPR article, would you lower its tiers to the following...
    • .45 ACP: Tier 1, Light Anti-Personnel
    • 10mm: Tier 2, Medium Anti-Personnel
    • 6mm: Tier 3, Heavy Anti-Personnel
    • .308: Tier 3, Heavy Anti-Personnel
    • .50cal: Tier 3, Heavy Anti-Personnel (or Tier 4, Light Anti-Armor)
    • .50cal EM: Tier 4, Light Anti-Armor
    ...and update the Ammunition section of the Harbinger article accordingly, please? The reason I ask - and the reason I asked you to reduce the 10mm ammunition's tiers (thanks for doing that, by the way!) - is due to the fact that the SCPR ammo's current state makes the Harbinger too powerful when compared to contemporaries such as the Tier 1 Styrling Silver Special, the Tier 1/Tier 2 Heavy Automatic Sidearm, the Tier 3 M3 Assault Weapon System, the Tier 3 M115 SPAID, and the Tier 3/Tier 4 Wasp LSSR-01a. Besides that, however, I have no complaints about the rest of the article - it's extremely detailed, and probably the best example I've seen thus far of a multiple-role personal weapon system on the Star Army wiki.
When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright so I looked over your review.
And I want to point out this ammo is basically anti-armor round.
Plasma is a super heated substance and burns through most metals easier then white phosphorus which is somewhat close in temperature, don't quote me on that tho.
Plus in addition to the slagged remains of the projectile shell itself which would be like a heat round like in tanks.
I'll change it if absolutely necessary, but the only one I don't want to budge on is the T5. And I'm willing to edit to make that one work.

I know that the SCPR ammo is supposed to be powerful, Jack - but "anti-armor rounds" the size of anti-personnel ammunition are simply too unbalanced, as whatever gun fires them becomes vastly more powerful than similar weapons found elsewhere in the setting, especially when one considers the burning "damage-over-time" effect the plasma has.

It's also why the .50cal EM has to be lowered to Tier 4 - as having it at Tier 5 gives the Harbinger's heavy sniper rifle configuration far too much of an edge over:
Now, there is a Tier 5 personal hand weapon in the form of Origin's Heavy Infantry Plasma Rifle (@Kai and I talked about it over Discord prior to this post, and I agree with his reasoning for the weapon's tier), so superheavy anti-material rifles aren't unheard of within the setting; despite this, however, my official view - that the .50cal EM ammunition must be reduced to Tier 4 in order for it to be approvable - remains unchanged due to the following reasons:
  • The Heavy Infantry Plasma Rifle is twice as heavy as - and fifty percent longer than - the Harbinger's heavy sniper rifle configuration.
  • The Heavy Infantry Plasma Rifle has a lot more recoil (according to this this section, its recoil - even with a dedicated recoil management system - is enough to "knock over non-properly braced users") then the .50cal EM, whose recoil is listed here as only being "moderate."
  • The Heavy Infantry Plasma Rifle has approximately half the rate of fire of the Harbinger's heavy sniper rifle configuration; additionally, the former is a bolt-action weapon - while the latter is semi-automatic.
  • The Heavy Infantry Plasma Rifle's plasma cap ammunition measures 45x200mm in size, while the Harbinger's .50cal EM ammunition only measures 12.7x128mm in size.
  • The Heavy Infantry Plasma Rifle has a maximum magazine capacity of six plasma caps; the Harbinger, on the other hand, can have a maximum magazine capacity of twenty .50cal EM rounds.
  • The Heavy Infantry Plasma Rifle has a battery that must be replaced after twelve plasma caps have been fired; the Harbinger, in contrast, doesn't even require batteries to begin with.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back