• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Rejected Submission (SA) Nodal Support Bolts

Acturis

Inactive Member
Submission Type: Star Ship Drone
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=nodal_support_bolts

Faction: Star Army of Yamatai
FM Approved Yet? No
Faction requires art? No

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Contains New art? No
Previously Submitted? No

Notes: Basically a scaled up version of the Nodal Support Bits for starships. I figured if we have it small, it should be easy to make it bigger. I also tried to keep it from being OP by increasing charge drain and time for higher damage shots.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Eh...

The Star Army of Yamatai had that before in the Mobile Weapon Pods you can find on the Sakura, Irim and Nozomi-class designs. They've been around ever since the Yui-class, I think.

However, they fell into disfavor because it was rather hard to evocatively describe the cloud of floating drones around spaceship and make them strong contributors to the narrative. So, very gradually, they got phased out in favor of actual hull-mounted turrets such as on the Plumeria and Eikan-class designs.

Sorry Acturis, but I don't see how this would get approved since it's a close cousin of an existing tech which was phased out. In the future, it might pay to try and touch base with Yamatai's FM to avoid doing a tech writeup for nothing.

Fred's right. These basically already exist in the form of Weapons Pods.

Because of this, I've decided not to give them faction approval.

In the future, please ask about the concept before creating Star Army of Yamatai submissions and before creating pages in the root namespace of the wiki.

Apologies Wes,

I was simply trying to follow the guidelines I saw in the rules so it would be a first time go (And I did speak with someone about whether or not this had been done before and they said they had not seen one).

No big deal. I'm just sorry that you put time into this and I had to turn it down. I don't like to disappoint!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back