• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Sakura II Discussion (formerly A THOUGHT Experiment)

Here I was all excited to deal with the effects of the catnip and now I can't find the wiki article. Then after hunting down the submission thread, found it was both rejected and the article was removed. How should I proceed?

Well, it could have no effect, and she could look at the label to find that it's just a brand name that appeals to cats only...normal catnip.

Hmm... I'll have to think on it then.

By the way. Last posting availability will be Friday night. I'll say something when I have a proper connection available again, whether it's while I'm away, or when I get back home over a week later.

I am sorry for the lack of activity, but I've been doing some soul searching, and I've decided that I need to hand the plot over to someone else. I've spent the last two years struggling to come up with ideas and plots, forcing myself, and generally making a slow and cumbersome plot. Even the celebration thread set last year has lasted over half a year, and served as a form of distraction to me that helped keep me going for a bit longer.

This isn't anyone's fault, of course. The players are in no way lacking. I simply haven't been enjoying myself on SARP for the past couple years. While I would sometimes have fun in plots, I've realized that I log onto the IRC to chat and log onto the forums out of obligation. I suspect that were it not for the responsibility of GMing the Sakura II, I'd have taken a hiatus two years ago. I feel horrible guilt for letting down the players, and especially for the new players who haven't even gotten to do anything yet...but I simply can't continue this.

I'm in the process of working with Wes to look for a successor GM. We'll keep you posted.

Hey guys,

So I have talked with both Toshiro and Wes and will be stepping in to GM the Sakura II. Yoshi will be helping out with management as well, we both have a great desire to see the Sakura II continue on and keep being fun for everyone, so the plot will continue on with little to no interruption.

Toshiro, I want to thank you for all the hard work and effort you have put into this plot, I know the Sakura II has been your baby for a long time now and you have put a lot into this plot. I also know its not easy letting go of something you have worked so hard on. I promiss to take good care of her for you and hope you enjoy your well deserved rest.

Going to be getting things sorted out over the next couple of days, so I am gonna say shoreleave somewhere nice will be the first thing happening for the crew.

What I would like is to get soms input from everyone on the plot either here or via PM and just get your thoughts on where you guys want to see this plot go. I have my ideas, but this is all for, you guys, so I wanna know what you guys want, so now is your time!

Anywhoo, while we get things sorted out on the backend, please carry on posting as usual and I will get the ship to a resort world for shore leave in the next day or so amd keep you all posted on how things are going

Thanks, I'm glad the plot is in good hands. Feel free to use all the tools I have, including the Tachibana and the Kirie/Keiko units. I am sorry I can't continue this. I'll ponder how to make Yaichiro's IC post once he ICly (and I OOCly) figures out where he's going and if he's resigning or just going on a vacation for now.

Toshiro thank you for giving us a plot that one even wants to continue. Been in a few over the years that when it died it was a breath of fresh air to walk away form. But the Sakura will continue to shine on the roster, hopefully for years to come!!!

As for Yaichiro I will be sadden to see him to go. but everyone evolves and needs to find new opportunities to expand in. hopefully he'll find a home in the tech-industry and he can put all of that creative designs to good work!

I had planned on Yaichiro telling the crew at the end of the Tanaka's Training thread to avoid ENTIRELY ruining their vacation, but it seems like the characters in the interlude are unaware. Now pondering which thread to do it in and how to do it.

I tried to play it as if Miyako might know, just in case that's needed, but of course he'll want to tell them himself directly.

It is plot audit time, we have till the end of August to get things sorted out, so plenty of time. Please take a few moments to update your character bio's if needed.

As of today I am away on vacation and will have intermittent internet connection till I return on the 14th. So until then I am suspending posting requirements. I do hope all of you will continue to write, I will be posting whenever I can. So that said, see you all in a week and a half :) Have a great time.

Ok, so I am officially back from vacation!

Over the next couple days I'll be sorting out our audit and getting that rolling.

Also posting requirements are back in effect, save for those I know are on LOA. So enjoy shoreleave, thats an order!! ;)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back